2025-2026 Temple

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went back to the 2019-20 thread, since 5/1 fell out on a Friday that cycle. It seems like movement started the evening of 5/4. Same for following years. Can you tell that I'm neurotic?
Ive been doing the same on all the schools I'm WL at I cant blame you haha
 
Has anyone gotten their financial aid package or received any scholarship information after filling out the scholarship survey? I have until May 12th to pay the deposit after recently being accepted but I would like to know the financial information before paying the deposit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone willing to call in and see when the waitlist movement will start for North Philly? I saw on previous threads people reached out and they were able to tell them at least that it wasn't in the next few days- that way we at least are at peace for a little if it isnt until next week or something.
 
I just called, they said there won’t be any movement until may 15th which is when the committee meets next. That’s when they’ll evaluate if they have other spots to offer.
oh wow. ok so that is the earliest date that any news at all can happen for waitlist movement. That is crazy- so much longer than past years. This is so stressful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm the fact that they are planning to meet 5/15 doesn't sound promising at all wow and also sounds like they haven't even assessed how many spots they have to fill?? so stressful I wish they could be more transparent
I also wonder if this is for both campuses or not... they have different admissions committees and differing class sizes etc. but they are also still both Temple so they'd likely follow similar procedures. Idk this whole process is awful
 
I just called, they said there won’t be any movement until may 15th which is when the committee meets next. That’s when they’ll evaluate if they have other spots to offer.
Ok here is my thought process about this- the committee always only meets on Fridays. The last batch of decisions went out April 28th and those students have 2 weeks to decide. 2 weeks post April 28th falls into the week of May 12th, which is the week of May 15th- meaning the committee is meeting on the earliest Friday they can after they have finalized numbers of open seats after this last batch of decisions went out. I think the "if" is just terms they have to use to not give false hope or promise that students are going to then freak out about and use against them.