-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread
Started by Narmerguy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My status is still under review, no II yet, so saddddddddddddddddd.any recent II?
Do they only send acceptance emails on Friday?
No not necessarily. I think the admission committee mostly meets Friday, but people have gotten acceptance emails on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So, I guess it just depends on how often the committee meets.
Good Luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No not necessarily. I think the admission committee mostly meets Friday, but people have gotten acceptance emails on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So, I guess it just depends on how often the committee meets.
Good Luck!!
Thanks for the info
I'm on my fourth week post interview and I hope it comes within the next week or so
They said 4-6 weeks so fingers crossed.
The wait is terrible especially this late in the cycle
HOLLLLLLAAAAA!!! Accepted!!! Definitely matriculating 😀 thanks everyone for your help
HOLLLLLLAAAAA!!! Accepted!!! Definitely matriculating 😀 thanks everyone for your help
Glad to see another GoT fan on the Temple train 😉
Glad to see another GoT fan on the Temple train 😉
Oh, no, I'm actually Arya...
Haha but on a serious note, awesome! Love GoT!
Congrats!ACCEPTED!!!!! Got an email today and interviewed on 1/15!!most likely going to matriculate here!
ACCEPTED!!!!! Got an email today and interviewed on 1/15!!most likely going to matriculate here!
Oh, no, I'm actually Arya...
Haha but on a serious note, awesome! Love GoT!
Congrats to both!
ACCEPTED!!!!! Got an email today and interviewed on 1/15!!most likely going to matriculate here!
What were your stats?
II today, also submitted toward the end of the cycle (very late, tsk tsk).
II today, also submitted toward the end of the cycle (very late, tsk tsk).
Can I ask what your stats were?
Has anyone been rejected from Temple? Do they silently reject?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking they might because I was complete over the summer and haven't heard anything.Has anyone been rejected from Temple? Do they silently reject?
PM'd you.Can I ask what your stats were?
Yup! They send an email to the rejected students. Guess I'm not destined to go here. All the Best to the rest of you!Has anyone been rejected from Temple? Do they silently reject?
BUMP please. I got accepted with Crozer-Chester as well
Hi everyone,
Just a couple questions regarding Crozer-Chester campus for the 3/4 year.
How exactly does this work? If accepted into this program can one elect to come to Temple their 4th year and do certain electives in Philly or are the 3/4 years solely out in Upland, PA. The acceptance letter mentions something about being allowed back at Temple for 4th year.
Working in the city and being exposed to that patient base was a principal appealing factor of Temple Med to me. Any input on what the Crozer-Chester campus is like or thought off by residency programs? What percentage of the class goes off to secondary campuses vs remaining on Temple main? Finally what are the chances/does it even happen that people who are put into a secondary campus but selected Temple main as their primary are later allowed to remain at Temple or sorted back into their primary choice? The letter mentions this too but I am not sure how common that may be.
May I ask when you interviewed?HOLLLLLLAAAAA!!! Accepted!!! Definitely matriculating 😀 thanks everyone for your help
BUMP please. I got accepted with Crozer-Chester as well
Also would like to know this as well. Also do most people in Crozer-Chester still opt to live in Philly? Is there a chance you could work out a rotation at TUH for a field that you are interested in.
Last edited:
May I ask when you interviewed?
Interviewed 1/30 Accepted 2/12
Also Crozer-Chester! Stoked!
Interviewed 1/30 Accepted 2/12
Also Crozer-Chester! Stoked!
damn that was quick they sure love you lol. congrats !
damn that was quick they sure love you lol. congrats !
Edit: Thank you!!
Yeah I thought it went awfully I was so nervous and stumbling over words haha.
The person who interviewed me wrote a personal note on my acceptance letter, is it appropriate to respond to that or do I just wait till I see them in August? It didn't ask anything but I still felt the love sooo irdk what to do in this situation?
Wow that was fast! Congrats! I interviewed earlier so really hoping so bad news is on it's way.Interviewed 1/30 Accepted 2/12
Also Crozer-Chester! Stoked!
I really think my case is unusual. Most of the people I talked to had it take a month or more. Also, friends of mine who go there now had it take 2-4 months to hear back so don't give up hope! Good luck!
Wow that was fast! Congrats! I interviewed earlier so really hoping so bad news is on it's way.
I interviewed today! There were only 10 of us and 8 were girls! Lol
I am actually really excited about Temple; I liked it there a lot.
However, my first interview seemed to be a little rocky. The guy seemed like he didn't like any of my answers and somewhat made fun of one of my activities. I held my own, but I am hoping he was doing that on purpose and isn't really as "mean" as he seemed in the interview! Not to mention it was an hour long interview. My student interview was like 15-20 minutes though and was much "better", so it made me feel like the student interview doesn't even count. Idk I hate having to wait a month, but I'm praying for the best!
I am actually really excited about Temple; I liked it there a lot.
However, my first interview seemed to be a little rocky. The guy seemed like he didn't like any of my answers and somewhat made fun of one of my activities. I held my own, but I am hoping he was doing that on purpose and isn't really as "mean" as he seemed in the interview! Not to mention it was an hour long interview. My student interview was like 15-20 minutes though and was much "better", so it made me feel like the student interview doesn't even count. Idk I hate having to wait a month, but I'm praying for the best!
Haha, when I interviewed there was only one girl, the rest male.
I interviewed today! There were only 10 of us and 8 were girls! Lol
I am actually really excited about Temple; I liked it there a lot.
However, my first interview seemed to be a little rocky. The guy seemed like he didn't like any of my answers and somewhat made fun of one of my activities. I held my own, but I am hoping he was doing that on purpose and isn't really as "mean" as he seemed in the interview! Not to mention it was an hour long interview. My student interview was like 15-20 minutes though and was much "better", so it made me feel like the student interview doesn't even count. Idk I hate having to wait a month, but I'm praying for the best!
Haha, when I interviewed there was only one girl, the rest male.
Haha wow! That's interesting. Clearly it's not a huge deal. 🙂 They matriculate 50/50 apparently so I didn't take it to mean anything except they it was funny being outnumbered 8:2. Lol
But apparently one guy missed his interview today. I was hoping he is okay and missed it on purpose. But there's no telling I guess :-/
I'm sure if he missed on purpose it'll go to somebody else next month! Who knows?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how much the student interview counts. My guy didn't seem like he really cared, in the sense that he was only trying to see if I was crazy.
Yeah I agree. They did say, "your faculty interviewer will be your advocate when the committee reviews your application." I am pretty sure the student interviewer just writes a brief review about you and maybe gives a score of some kind. However, the faculty member definitely seems to have more weight.
Thanks! fingers and toes crossed. Anyone from the week of 1/20 heard anything yet?I really think my case is unusual. Most of the people I talked to had it take a month or more. Also, friends of mine who go there now had it take 2-4 months to hear back so don't give up hope! Good luck!
Thanks! fingers and toes crossed. Anyone from the week of 1/20 heard anything yet?
I am on the other end of the extreme. I interviewed 10/10 didn't get accepted until 2/07. Don't let the post interview wait get to you. It really doesn't mean anything. Good Luck!
Is it just me or is the website where you check your status down?
It's down for me tooIs it just me or is the website where you check your status down?
It's down for me too
Their server is down - it should be back up in 2-3 days (I called admissions this morning).
Any recent post interview decisions? stuck in limbo here but hoping for the best....
Word, mid/late Jan interview and nothingAny recent post interview decisions? stuck in limbo here but hoping for the best....
Anyone know if Temple might be receptive to an in-the-area e-mail this late in the game?
Couldn't hurt.
Anyone know when we will receive financial aid information.
+1 Just submitted my FAFSA.
From the "financing your medical education" section of the admissions page:
"Accepted students are notified of institutional scholarships beginning in March via an email from the Admissions Office. These scholarships are offered from March through the start of Orientation."
"Accepted students are notified of institutional scholarships beginning in March via an email from the Admissions Office. These scholarships are offered from March through the start of Orientation."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 Just submitted my FAFSA.
+1... and I am going to have to make a lot of changes once my taxes are filed
Anyone who interviewed end of January or later heard anything?
Withdrew my interview yesterday. Hope one of you get it!
I called yesterday and was told around June/July.Anyone know when we will receive financial aid information.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K