2013-2014 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have 2 weeks to decide. And yes I'm accepting! This is my first choice and my state school, so I'm super excited.

For anyone curious, I interviewed on the first day and have been put on hold since. Also, I believe the wait list is ranked since that's what they've done in the past.
Congratulations and see you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

You guys still think that there is a chance they will take more people off the wait list? I really want to attend this school :(

You guys still think that there is a chance they will take more people off the wait list? I really want to attend this school :(
I was curious about the same thing? Anyone else get off the waitlist? I wonder if the slow movement has been due to the really high number of over acceptances they sent out this year. 70 extra acceptances this year is so much for the same number of seats as last year. :meh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious about the same thing? Anyone else get off the waitlist? I wonder if the slow movement has been due to the really high number of over acceptances they sent out this year. 70 extra acceptances this year is so much for the same number of seats as last year. :meh:
Yup! Just got the call :) I will be accepting.

Hey guys, I was taken off the wait list on Tuesday. So its still moving. Gave me to two weeks to decide, and I am going to attend!! Very excited! My first acceptance!

How can I get on the facebook, I need to find roommates!!

Does anyone know the stats on how many were accepted/waitlisted? I'm deciding if I should shift my focus or not.

I'm not sure if anyone got accepted off the waitlist, but the UA facebook group has been getting a lot of new members.

I'm not sure if anyone got accepted off the waitlist, but the UA facebook group has been getting a lot of new members.

Actually, I noticed some members of the Facebook group are not actually part of the class, but are other students who have been added to help answer questions regarding housing, books, clubs, etc. I also know a few members who will be matriculating elsewhere and have not yet left the FB group! I was accepted off the waitlist soon after May 15th but I don't know how the movement has been like after that. Wishing you and other applicants on the waitlist the best of luck!!!

Hey guys, I just withdrew my acceptance so expect a little movement soon. Good luck to you guys on the waitlist!

Accepted last week and I know someone that was accepted yesterday so theres still some movement. Good luck everyone

Question for you guys: In filling out secondaries, do the adcoms from both schools keep in contact? Can I copy and paste parts of my secondary from PHX into Tucson App?

Question for you guys: In filling out secondaries, do the adcoms from both schools keep in contact? Can I copy and paste parts of my secondary from PHX into Tucson App?
I have heard that they do not compare notes but that's not definitive, so use that info as you will...

For those of you who were accepted off the wait-list (@Cpt america @TheAVGlog3 @azjfrankl etc) did you call the school or otherwise contact the office of admissions regularly? I contacted them maybe five times over the course of being wait-listed, but I felt as though they did not want people constantly calling so I stopped. Others have told me this was a mistake, because keeping in touch with them keeps you on their radar. Thoughts? And a HUGE congratulations to you too :)