You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Yale University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They sent out emails last year.
On another note, why is this thread so dead? 4 more days!!!
On another note, why is this thread so dead? 4 more days!!!

Really? I'm not holding my breath until next week, can't handle the possibility that it's more mid marchThey sent out emails last year.
On another note, why is this thread so dead? 4 more days!!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I'm not holding my breath until next week, can't handle the possibility that it's more mid march
Yeah, I was expecting March 13th but someone who interviewed recently was told it's March 7. 2013-2014 Yale University Application Thread
Just got the email from Yale!!!
ACCEPTED!!
Also just got an email.
Accepted! I had no idea this was coming out today!
Truth. Decisions are up.Just accepted! Was so surprised because I wasn't expecting Yale to release today.
Everyone, check email and portal. Decision will be stated in email and also on the portal
Waitilisted. Doesn't even sting a bit -- everything happens for a reason! Congrats to everyone admitted!
Waitlist via portal update. Oh well. Time for a waitlist consolation cookie!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so just to update people who are looking for this decision tab:
- I posted Tuesday about my decision tab after ncognito did(it was the first time I had checked in a while so I don't know if that was the first day it was there)
- out of curiosity, I logged back into my app and now the decision tab is gone. I am assuming I am still rejected (totally fine with that), but also that maybe an official email will come eventually
as expected, my rejection returned!
and congrats to all of you accepted!
Last edited:
Accepted!! I can't believe it!
Great day for you today DR MOM! Congrats!
And congrats to everyone else who was accepted by these amazing schools today, and good luck to everyone else still waiting!
accepted!
Last edited:
Never had an interview but I checked the portal anyway lol
i didn't either, but my rejection was still there lolNever had an interview but I checked the portal anyway lol
Accepted via email.
Waitlisted. surprised to get decisions today, but a bit dejected. Is my top choice.
Rejected. No surprise!
Congrats to everyone accepted!!
Congrats to everyone accepted!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted. surprised to get decisions today, but a bit dejected. Is my top choice.
Waitlist > Rejected? 🙂 Cheer up.
Waitlisted as well. Can't complain though!
Accepted, but withdrew. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!
Just curious, does it annoy anyone else that schools tell you to go check the online portal and don't just provide a link. No interview here, so the decision wasn't much a surprise, hah.
Congrats to all you receiving happy news today and good luck to everyone!
Congrats to all you receiving happy news today and good luck to everyone!
Rejected as well. No surprise there.
In! Email 🙂 It has been a good day
Did you interview?Rejected as well. No surprise there.
Damn @DR MOM is killing it today! 🙂
haha, don't mean to be too forward, but all you harvard admit (and those who already got into their top choice), feel free to please withdraw from Yale 🙂 Us waitlist folks would appreciate that.
On a related note, how is the waitlist movement at Yale? Anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist?
On a related note, how is the waitlist movement at Yale? Anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist?
No, but all the pre-interview rejection went out today.Did you interview?
Damn @DR MOM is killing it today! 🙂
Same to you, hlancaster! There are so many superstars on SDN this app cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha, don't mean to be too forward, but all you harvard admit (and those who already got into their top choice), feel free to please withdraw from Yale 🙂 Us waitlist folks would appreciate that.
On a related note, how is the waitlist movement at Yale? Anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist?
I have read that waitlist movement is actually pretty decent at Yale. However, the waitlist is tiered into 3 groups. It seems from previous years that almost everyone from the first group will get accepted in May with some people from the 2nd group getting in as well.
sorry to hear....was that pre-interview or post?Rejected. I was a definite underdog here, so I can't say I'm surprised. Pretty crushed though, I loved Yale so much. Congratulations to everyone accepted, and good luck to those on the wait list. You are all very fortunate!
Gah, Harvard rejection and Yale W/L. Not surprised but kind of bummed. Yale was my top choice. Grats to all the accepted students. For posterity, the letter says that 25% of their students are from the waitlist. Like many schools, however, they do not say how large their waitlist is, which is the other half of the puzzle.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K