2013-2014 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if we'll be prompted to log into our secondary application to see our decision or if the decision will be emailed?

Members don't see this ad.

They sent out emails last year.

On another note, why is this thread so dead? 4 more days!!! :corny:

Members don't see this ad :)
In the past they've released it on Tuesdays, which is apparently the day after the adcom meets. So my guess would either be today (unlikely) or the 10th, but I would be totally down for some time earlier

Just got the email from Yale!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just accepted! Was so surprised because I wasn't expecting Yale to release today.

Everyone, check email and portal. Decision will be stated in email and also on the portal

Just accepted! Was so surprised because I wasn't expecting Yale to release today.

Everyone, check email and portal. Decision will be stated in email and also on the portal
Truth. Decisions are up.

Waitilisted. Doesn't even sting a bit -- everything happens for a reason! Congrats to everyone admitted!

Rejected, portal update...

Interviewed back in September and had no significant updates, perhaps my downfall :(

March has not been good to me so far

Wait listed. Man, just can't seem to catch a break from all these non-rolling schools this week. Congrats to all the acceptances though!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist via portal update. Oh well. Time for a waitlist consolation cookie!

so just to update people who are looking for this decision tab:
- I posted Tuesday about my decision tab after ncognito did(it was the first time I had checked in a while so I don't know if that was the first day it was there)
- out of curiosity, I logged back into my app and now the decision tab is gone. I am assuming I am still rejected (totally fine with that), but also that maybe an official email will come eventually

as expected, my rejection returned!

and congrats to all of you accepted!

Last edited:
Accepted!! I can't believe it!

Reactions: 8 users
Wait listed as well! Eh I kind of felt like New Haven wasn't my type of place but who knows

Accepted!! I can't believe it!

Great day for you today DR MOM! Congrats!

And congrats to everyone else who was accepted by these amazing schools today, and good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted MD/PhD! Woot!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Just got the email

Never had an interview but I checked the portal anyway lol

Interview Attended: 9/25/2013
Accepted: 3/4/2014

Reactions: 5 users
Ugh, now I only have 3 more left. Hopefully the rest of March brings better results

Waitlisted. surprised to get decisions today, but a bit dejected. Is my top choice.

Accepted, but withdrew. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Just curious, does it annoy anyone else that schools tell you to go check the online portal and don't just provide a link. No interview here, so the decision wasn't much a surprise, hah.

Congrats to all you receiving happy news today and good luck to everyone!

What an awesome day! Harvard acceptance and Yale wait list!

What a day!!!! Accepted Harvard + Yale.

In! Email :) It has been a good day

haha, don't mean to be too forward, but all you harvard admit (and those who already got into their top choice), feel free to please withdraw from Yale :) Us waitlist folks would appreciate that.

On a related note, how is the waitlist movement at Yale? Anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist?

haha, don't mean to be too forward, but all you harvard admit (and those who already got into their top choice), feel free to please withdraw from Yale :) Us waitlist folks would appreciate that.

On a related note, how is the waitlist movement at Yale? Anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist?

I have read that waitlist movement is actually pretty decent at Yale. However, the waitlist is tiered into 3 groups. It seems from previous years that almost everyone from the first group will get accepted in May with some people from the 2nd group getting in as well.

Rejected. I was a definite underdog here, so I can't say I'm surprised. Pretty crushed though, I loved Yale so much. Congratulations to everyone accepted, and good luck to those on the wait list. You are all very fortunate!

Rejected. I was a definite underdog here, so I can't say I'm surprised. Pretty crushed though, I loved Yale so much. Congratulations to everyone accepted, and good luck to those on the wait list. You are all very fortunate!
sorry to hear....was that pre-interview or post?

Gah, Harvard rejection and Yale W/L. Not surprised but kind of bummed. Yale was my top choice. Grats to all the accepted students. For posterity, the letter says that 25% of their students are from the waitlist. Like many schools, however, they do not say how large their waitlist is, which is the other half of the puzzle.

Last edited: