-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It wasnt too bad. At least there were no additional essays to write about.what a horrible secondary that was.
What does the hold status look like?
Yup. Mine did a few days after secondary was completed.
Completely agree.
Has everyone's status changed from something along the lines of "No decision has been made/No decision is available at this time" to "your file is complete and will be reviewed?"
My application has been complete at Drexel since 9/15. I found it strange that they would change the status to this.
Yup. Mine did a few days after secondary was completed.
Yea, if you haven't gotten it now, you should call. I was informed that they should be all caught up with secondaries at this point. If your AMCAS has been verified and sent out to schools for a month now you could call and ask.
Completely agree.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From last years thread and the one before that, status changes seem to come around the 18th. I doubt things will be different this year.
Yup, same here. I got an email saying I'm complete, but the status on the website still says "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates."Complete since 9/2 and still silence... My app will be reviewed... after May rolls around, I think.
It wasnt too bad. At least there were no additional essays to write about.
I agree it wasn't difficult, but it was time consuming for something that is clearly implied through our AMCAS experience descriptions.
Anyone know what interview dates they are scheduling for now or very recently?
LizzyM ~75, non-traditional, in-state applicant, graduated from Drexel last year with a M.S., lots of work experiences/extra-curriculars. let me know if you have any specific questions!
Did you do the M.S. ( I think its called Medical Sciences/or IMS or something) program offered at Drexel College of Medicine? Or something else?
Does anyone know when does the status change post interview?
From last years thread and the one before that, status changes seem to come around the 18th. I doubt things will be different this year.
complete late august...still in review...ughh
Call and see what's up!
complete late august...still in review...ughh
+1
probably too soon to callCall and see what's up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was complete 9/23. However, I had to redo my application because of some server issue so I initially sent in my app on 9/4. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Thanks bud. GL
Did you do the M.S. ( I think its called Medical Sciences/or IMS or something) program offered at Drexel College of Medicine? Or something else?
I did a M.S. degree without a thesis and got a masters in Molecular Medicine. It's a newer program with a super small class (8 people), but the school seems to highly favor their post-bacc and other programs that have a proven record of successful medical students matriculating afterwards because I didn't even get an interview last year (although I applied later in the cycle) 🙁 fingers crossed for this time around!!
Does anyone have a post-interview status change yet?
Not I either. Interviewed late September.
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
29 mcat, 3.88 gpa. complete 9/2, II 9/9, interviewed end of September. Still waiting to hear back. *fingers crossed*
Please start your own thread, or better yet, look up the 27-29 MCAT thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/any-27-29-mcat-with-interviews.351659/page-25). I got 10 notifications over your posts in multiple threads <-- no fun.Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
Last edited:
Sorry about that I'm really new the SDN community and will definitely check this thread out to avoid mass messaging hope there is no hard feelings :x!!Please start your own thread, or better look up the 27-29 MCAT thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/any-27-29-mcat-with-interviews.351659/page-25). I got 10 notifications over your posts in multiple threads <-- no fun.
Understood. No hard feelings and welcome to the forum!! 😀Sorry about that I'm really new the SDN community and will definitely check this thread out to avoid mass messaging hope there is no hard feelings :x!!
Drexel, pls dont be like the girl who never texts back. Pls.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing here on Monday?
or guy #genderequalityDrexel, pls dont be like the girl who never texts back. Pls.
Alright Berta Lovejoyor guy #genderequality
so im prepping for my interview here and Im reading about an ethical essay question that you have to write during the interview. does anyone know if that is true? or if they still do that? or what the question is? lol thanks
It's true. It's very easy. Don't worry about it.so im prepping for my interview here and Im reading about an ethical essay question that you have to write during the interview. does anyone know if that is true? or if they still do that? or what the question is? lol thanks
so im prepping for my interview here and Im reading about an ethical essay question that you have to write during the interview. does anyone know if that is true? or if they still do that? or what the question is? lol thanks
I interviewed in September. Yes, it's true. It's easy and not a big deal. And I'm pretty sure the question varies.
Any idea when they will release decisions? Last year it was around the 18th. Hoping it is sometime this week!!
Any idea when they will release decisions? Last year it was around the 18th. Hoping it is sometime this week!!
I sure hope so, too. All this waiting is killing me.
Last edited:
Seriously! Same here!I sure hope so, too. All this waiting is killing me me.
Interviewed September 30. Status was updated to Under Committee review around last Wednesday or Thursday. That's still my current status. What's the consensus here? Have people who interviewed before or after that heard any answer yes, no, or waitlist?
Thanks! 🙂
Thanks! 🙂
mine says the same thing (although not sure when that happened), and I interviewed just slightly before you.Interviewed September 30. Status was updated to Under Committee review around last Wednesday or Thursday. That's still my current status. What's the consensus here? Have people who interviewed before or after that heard any answer yes, no, or waitlist?
Thanks! 🙂
Someone call! lol
Been complete and "will be reviewed" status for almost 2 months. Worth calling or should I just chill out?
Hold until Spring, complete 8/20.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still reviewing August apps I see.Hold until Spring, complete 8/20.
I have my interview on the 27th, and this is my first MD interview (others have been DO). Does anyone have any tips for the interview day and what to expect? How long are the faculty and student interviews?
Both interviews were very conversational. Make sure you know your application well for the faculty interview. This one is about 30 minutes long.
The student interview is done during lunch so you eat and talk. Extremely laid back. I really liked it. This one is probably around 45 minutes.
Be genuine and enthusiastic. Enjoy and good luck!!!
Awesome thanks! Are the interviews open or closed file? And are the student interviews given as much weight as the faculty interviews in the final decision?
Faculty interviews are open file. Student ones are closed file. Any student can interview, so students get assigned an interviewee when they show up and talk to Kareem. As for how much a student interview weighs - last year I was under the impression that they really don't matter that much. This year I learned that they can be pretty important too. Drexel admissions doesn't make you do unnecessary stuff just to do it.
And I know that none of the faculty that are interviewing you are trying to trick you or are mean. Even if some of them are a bit busy and the interviews may be quick, they are all nice and/or quirky. There is absolutely no reason to worry about which faculty you get.
The interview day isn't too stressful. Take things seriously, but don't tense up and be someone you aren't.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K