-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeahhhhh, IKR boo!👎👎@DrMinion @pink/\floyd well on the bright side we're at the top of the wait list and historically it has a lot of movement. Could only be a good thing for us tbh... still kind of bummed :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm done waiting for Drexel - probably going to withdraw my app tomorrow. Hopefully someone gets the interview invite that I may have been offered.
A "decision" has been made...now just waiting for my waitlist letter... :-/
Just checked my portal today and found an II! Complete 9/17, LizzyM 70
that's awesome congrats! did you have to click that "view decision" link to see it?
I received the complete email.Did everyone who got IIs receive complete emails? I never got a complete email but my portal shows that everything was received. Everything finished by late august but my payment was only "processed" on 9/17
Does anyone know how the interviews are formatted? Like what the interview day looks like/how long each interview is?
that's awesome congrats! did you have to click that "view decision" link to see it?
Thanks! It was actually on the page, in place of the view decision link. You can't miss it!
Last edited:
Do they allow you to type? Thanks!Yes, based on an ethics question prompt. Really short, about a paragraph or so.
No typing. Old school writing with one of those #2 pencils with an eraser on top lolDo they allow you to type? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who have interviewed already, what is the area around campus like? What hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?
To those who have interviewed already, what is the area around campus like? What hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?
I stayed at a bed and breakfast. More specifically the Accredited Bed and Breakfast, it was pretty nice free rides to and from the school, as well as rides to trains/planes for a fee.
The area around the school seemed safe, although I didn't venture out Far.
Last edited:
To those who have interviewed already, what is the area around campus like? What hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?
I stayed at the Crown Plaza on City Ave when I interviewed there awhile ago. Then after I got accepted, I stayed at that place again to look for apartments in the city. I really liked the place. I got a better discount from priceline than I got from the school discount. You have to rent a car if you are doing this.
You could stay at a hotel in the city and take the regional rail to school too. There is a rail station about a block away from the school that goes into Center City, and the rail from Center City goes right to the airport, but that might be a little complex and worrysome if you don't like to travel.
The area around campus is ok. But I'm pretty "hood", so nothing really bothers me. If you go up north a few blocks it isn't the best area. If you go south or west a few blocks, it is mostly houses or college kids from Philly U.
The campus itself is monitored 24/7 by security, so inside the campus is really safe. Fortunately for current students who are worried, the school security gives rides to and from school if you live about a mile away. But I see people walking to school everyday without problems. I just wouldn't walk around at night if you don't have a reason to. I live about 10 minutes away in Manayunk, so the whole area is super safe and you see people jogging around at night all the time.
Last edited:
I stayed at a bed and breakfast. More specifically the Accredited Bed and Breakfast, it was pretty nice free rides to and from the school, as well as rides to trains/planes for a fee.
The area around the school seemed safe, although I didn't venture out Fae.
Stayed at the same place. Mike and Chuck are nice.
Just got complete email now lol.
Has anyone who interviewed around 9/18 still not received an update in their portal? What the heck
Interviewed first day, 9/15 and no update yet.
Interviewed first day, 9/15 and no update yet.
do you think our delaymeans anything?
do you think our delaymeans anything?
Yes.
That the adcomm is busy.
Yes.
That the adcomm is busy.
funny
Still under review, completed 8.29. What. the. heck.
+506Still under review, completed 8.29. What. the. heck.
Like pleaseeeee give me some news Drexel
Still under review, completed 8.29. What. the. heck.
+1
Also still under review, complete 9/2. Slowly giving up hope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still under review, completed 8.29. What. the. heck.
I honestly think their system lost these dates. It is the only logical explanation.
We should hear back by the end of the week...which is tomorrow!
What makes you say that?
Pretty sure he said that because the committee meets on thursday.What makes you say that?
Did they say anything about applicants complete around mid September?And I called today lol
They said it would take up to months to complete, certain applications just weren't brought up to committee yet, reviewed yet or pending decision. That's why it seems like some of the dates might skip around in regards to who gets interview invites / post-interview notifications.
I don't think every application is brought at the same time based on dates because all the different interviewers don't finish at the same time. I don't know how they decide which ones go to committee or whatever, but they'll release it when they are ready, no need to get worked up and call/refresh all the time.
Also, I am not sure anyone even posted that they got a "Final decision" yet, just "decisions". They'll send everything out when they have it all ready. It isn't like you can attend classes next week, you still have to wait until August to start!
Good news is that we do have a mindfulness elective/Community education experience that will help cope with stress. Dr. Rosenzweig would love more students!
I don't think every application is brought at the same time based on dates because all the different interviewers don't finish at the same time. I don't know how they decide which ones go to committee or whatever, but they'll release it when they are ready, no need to get worked up and call/refresh all the time.
Also, I am not sure anyone even posted that they got a "Final decision" yet, just "decisions". They'll send everything out when they have it all ready. It isn't like you can attend classes next week, you still have to wait until August to start!
Good news is that we do have a mindfulness elective/Community education experience that will help cope with stress. Dr. Rosenzweig would love more students!
Last edited:
Welp, I'm assuming silent rejection. I'm not surprised though, this school has applications by the barrel load.
I mean it took them 10 weeks to send me a secondary so I'm not expecting to hear anything ever given that the complete date is based on date of secondary completion.
I figured that things would have meant that they'd get things rolling fast after having had my primary for over 2 months. I guess those that got quick turn arounds post secondary were rock stars...
I figured that things would have meant that they'd get things rolling fast after having had my primary for over 2 months. I guess those that got quick turn arounds post secondary were rock stars...
congrats!!
late august tho #cricketsforever
+1
II just now. complete and under review forever ago
I just called the admissions office to ask about my app status and to mention that I hadn't received a complete email. The woman on the phone said that the office doesn't send complete emails..
Also, I asked when apps submitted in August should expect to hear back. She said that there is no expected time and that the office simply "checks applications periodically."
Hope this helps some sad, impatient people like me!
Also, I asked when apps submitted in August should expect to hear back. She said that there is no expected time and that the office simply "checks applications periodically."
Hope this helps some sad, impatient people like me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a complete email...I just called the admissions office to ask about my app status and to mention that I hadn't received a complete email. The woman on the phone said that the office doesn't send complete emails..
Also, I asked when apps submitted in August should expect to hear back. She said that there is no expected time and that the office simply "checks applications periodically."
Hope this helps some sad, impatient people like me!
+1I got a complete email...
Same here... @CamerlaI got a complete email...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K