2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine says the same thing (although not sure when that happened), and I interviewed just slightly before you.

Statuses are definitely what they mean. Sometimes they don't get updated - like I had my status stay the same from when I interviewed (December) until I was brought to committee. I was a part of the Drexel IMS/MMS post-bacs, so we all get reviewed later in the year. But they haven't forgotten about you.

If it says you are going to be reviewed by the committee, it means that you are going to be reviewed. There are many reasons for delays, but sometimes app reviews just get pushed back for a number of reasons (usually just because there are a lot to get through). Though right now if it says you are going to be reviewed, it could mean that you have already been reviewed if you interviewed pretty early in the cycle. Drexel just had to abide by the guidelines and hold off on acceptances.

No one has had their post-committee status changed yet, because when they do, people will be posting here. I'm thinking they'll be changing soon, so check in the afternoon this week since I guess the 18th (I thought it was the 15th, but I guess the previous years it was 18th?) was the first day medical schools can accept students. Just my speculation though.
 
Last edited:
Statuses are definitely what they mean. If it says you are going to be reviewed by the committee, it means that you are going to be reviewed. There are many reasons for delays, but sometimes app reviews just get pushed back because there are quite a few of them.

No one has had their post-committee status changed yet. Once they do, I'm sure people will be posting here. I'm thinking they'll be changing soon, so check in the afternoon today/this week since I guess the 18th was the first day Medical Schools can accept students.
just to clarify, i didn't mean anything by my post other than as a response to the person that posted before me... it's obviously still very early and i don't think that it's strange etc. that we haven't heard back yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just to clarify, i didn't mean anything by my post other than as a response to the person that posted before me... it's obviously still very early and i don't think that it's strange etc. that we haven't heard back yet.

Oh I was just responding to everyone that had similar questions to your quoted post just so people know what's going on. I'm just on here to answer questions and read/address concerns the best I can. I'm not here to be the gestapo or anything like that.
 
Last edited:
I
Faculty interviews are open file. Student ones are closed file. Any student can interview, so students get assigned an interviewee when they show up and talk to Kareem. As for how much a student interview weighs - last year I was under the impression that they really don't matter that much. This year I learned that they can be pretty important too. Drexel admissions doesn't make you do unnecessary stuff just to do it.

And I know that none of the faculty that are interviewing you are trying to trick you or are mean. Even if some of them are a bit busy and the interviews may be quick, they are all nice and/or quirky. There is absolutely no reason to worry about which faculty you get.

The interview day isn't too stressful. Take things seriously, but don't tense up and be someone you aren't.


Yah I disagree with this. Certain faculty will be, lets say...less conversational, than others
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanx again...Lastly, how long does the day last. Whats the safe time to book a return flight after the interview. I am OOS.
 
I



Yah I disagree with this. Certain faculty will be, lets say...less conversational, than others


I personally don't know your faculty interviewer, but my friends have said nothing but positive things about him and how much they like him as their Physician and Patient faculty adviser and have boasted about him being really chill.

I don't know what happened in your situation, sorry to hear it went negatively.
 
I personally don't know your faculty interviewer, but my friends have said nothing but positive things about him and how much they like him as their Physician and Patient faculty adviser and have boasted about him being really chill.
Different interviewers, I think it's random. I heard some were great...mine was..different.
 
Different interviewers, I think it's random. I heard some were great...mine was..different.

I was looking at his post history for who he had as an interviewer. I know who all the faculty interviewers are though - I haven't met with all of them, but have heard about them. There are maybe a small handful that I don't know, but I know a lot of friends who shadowed/ were in the faculty small groups for the rest of them and they've been positive comments. Or maybe I'm just an easy going guy and I get along with everyone.
 
Last edited:
I was looking at his post history for who he had as an interviewer. I know who all the faculty interviewers are though - I haven't met with all of them, but have heard about them. There are maybe a small handful that I don't know, but I know a lot of friends who shadowed/ were in the faculty small groups for the rest of them and they've been positive comments. Or maybe I'm just an easy going guy and I get along with everyone.
Well maybe the latter. I had the same interviewer he had, and while the experience wasn't as bad as his...it was different.
 
Well maybe the latter. I had the same interviewer he had, and while the experience wasn't as bad as his...it was different.

Well, I haven't met the faculty person you both interviewed with. But I remember a lecture he gave, it was pretty awesome. And my friends that have him as a small group faculty member told me how great he was. Unfortunate, I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
post-interview status change on my portal just now

FYI - they use the absolute slowest mail possible, so your decision will likely take 7-10 days to reach you.

Terminology for updates, also:
"Final decision" = acceptance or rejection
"Decision" = waitlist

This has held up since the year I applied, at least. Curious to see if this has been changed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 9/17, I believe it was the first interview day..No status change starting to get nervous is anyone in the same boat?
 
Waitlisted 🙁 Interviewed on 10/1. Felt that my interviews went very well so the status came as a shock to me. Best of luck to anyone who received the final decision status!