2014-2015 East Carolina University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Supplemental Essay:
Please use this area to submit a composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.

Max: 3200 characters

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:
 
Last edited:
Received my secondary today! Will work on the essay tomorrow because I have a scribe shift the rest of today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you put all the other schools you were submitting on their app?
I don't remember them asking me that...and I'm pretty sure they would have alerted me to any incomplete sections on the secondary if I tried to submit.
 
Has anyone by any chance received an interview invite yet? I know that it's probably too early, but I'm a re-applicant, and I remember receiving an interview invite the day after I submitted my secondary last year.
 
Has anyone by any chance received an interview invite yet? I know that it's probably too early, but I'm a re-applicant, and I remember receiving an interview invite the day after I submitted my secondary last year.
Not yet. And I submitted that secondary like 2 weeks ago.
 
Received interview invite!! Aug 26-28. We get to email back our preferences.
 
app was complete and send 6/10.. not sure what you mean by courses being verified?
Sorry, I meant, did AMCAS verify your transcript? I don't know if Brody offers secondaries before AMCAS is able to calculate your GPA's based on your transcript. Last year, I completed my app before July, but I had to wait 10 weeks for my transcript to get verified, so I didn't receive a secondary until August.
 
Sorry, I meant, did AMCAS verify your transcript? I don't know if Brody offers secondaries before AMCAS is able to calculate your GPA's based on your transcript. Last year, I completed my app before July, but I had to wait 10 weeks for my transcript to get verified, so I didn't receive a secondary until August.

transcript is verified and i've gotten all other secondaries.. i'll probably just email adcom. thanks!
 
Just checked my status...

Changed from "Your application is being reviewed"

To

"Your Application is being reviewing" "Interview information- Date not scheduled yet"

Hmmmm, I wonder!?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently finishing up my MS so I had to take the GRE last year. The secondary it asks for GRE scores (if applicable), but I didn't have a superb score so I don't want to advertise it if I don't have to. Do you think I can leave it out or should I put it in there?
 
"Your application has been reviewed. At this point, we are unable to offer you an interview. It is possible that your interview may be reviewed again before a final decision is made."

Anyone know what the likelihood of getting an interview after this is?
 
Anybody else running into an error page after trying to upload their application?

EDIT: Solved. Had to submit my material on a PC for it to work. Funny, used Firefox on both.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have my interview here tomorrow in the afternoon. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

My info according to MDapps:
  • AMCAS Submitted: 6/5/2014
  • Secondary Completed: 7/2/2014
  • Interview Invite: 7/16/2014
  • Interview: 8/28/2014
 
So I have my interview here tomorrow in the afternoon. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

My info according to MDapps:
  • AMCAS Submitted: 6/5/2014
  • Secondary Completed: 7/2/2014
  • Interview Invite: 7/16/2014
  • Interview: 8/28/2014
Good luck! I interviewed there last year (I don't know if I'll get an interview this year), but I remember being really impressed with the place. One of the things that they're really proud of is how close the faculty and students are, with one of my interviewers (a student) telling me that they have a kind of collegiate atmosphere.
 
So I have my interview here tomorrow in the afternoon. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

My info according to MDapps:
  • AMCAS Submitted: 6/5/2014
  • Secondary Completed: 7/2/2014
  • Interview Invite: 7/16/2014
  • Interview: 8/28/2014
Thanks for that info, very helpful. Good luck!!
 
I just finished at ECU. It was really chill. My interviewers were not trying to psych me out. They made it really relaxed and conversational. Good luck to all of you during this process!
 
II TODAY!!!! super excited! @Ace Khalifa , how many people were there on your interview day?
 
II TODAY!!!! super excited! @Ace Khalifa , how many people were there on your interview day?
8 total. 4 were interviewed in the morning, 4 in the afternoon (me). We all had lunch and the tour together in between.
 
Did anyone repeat certain activities that are already on your app/in your personal statement? Like someone mentioned above, my personal statement and most meaningful activities touch on the majority of the question asked in the secondary essay. Any advice??
 
Did anyone repeat certain activities that are already on your app/in your personal statement? Like someone mentioned above, my personal statement and most meaningful activities touch on the majority of the question asked in the secondary essay. Any advice??
I know I repeated activities, however, I gave a completely different example/story and discussed different benefits or skills that I gained from the experience. That way it didn't seem like I copy-pasted an answer there.
 
Secondary complete 09/02. I know it's only been a little over two weeks but just wanted to pop my head into this thread and check on everyone else's standing/ progress....
 
Secondary complete 09/02. I know it's only been a little over two weeks but just wanted to pop my head into this thread and check on everyone else's standing/ progress....


Application was complete on 9/9 once they received my updated MCAT scores. Called admissions to get an estimate on the timeline and was told that I should receive word back in 5-6 weeks. Judging by her tone, this seemed to be a 'by the latest' estimate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
For those of you who've received II invites.....How long did it take for admissions to confirm your date/time? It's been almost 3 days without a confirmation and I need to take off work. Do you guys think I should call?
 
Interviewed here this week. Pretty relaxed interviewers. All the faculty were very nice... Made it known that they wanted the day to truly be one of "low-stress".... Good luck to you all 🙂
 
Interviewed here this week. Pretty relaxed interviewers. All the faculty were very nice... Made it known that they wanted the day to truly be one of "low-stress".... Good luck to you all 🙂
Do you mind sharing some of the questions you were asked during your interview 🙂