2025-2026 East Carolina U (Brody)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 East Carolina U (Brody) Secondary Essay Prompts (all changed from last year)

1. Describe the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to the Brody School of Medicine. (250 words maximum)

2. At the Brody School of Medicine, our mission places a strong emphasis on serving the community—both within Brody and throughout Eastern North Carolina and the state. Can you describe a meaningful experience from your past that reflects your commitment to service, and how it shaped your understanding of its importance in healthcare? (250 words maximum)

3. Can you describe any interactions or experiences you've had with individuals from rural communities? In what ways have these experiences influenced your understanding of the unique challenges and needs they face? (250 words maximum)

4.Describe your future career goal(s) including your specialty(ies) of interest and the location where you hope to practice. How do you envision using the specialty(ies) you listed to advance the mission of Brody? (250 words maximum)


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m an incoming student at Brody from the last cycle. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the admissions process!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the secondaries the same as the ones posted for last year?
+1 IS

  1. Describe the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to the Brody School of Medicine. (250 words maximum)
  2. At the Brody School of Medicine, our mission places a strong emphasis on serving the community—both within Brody and throughout Eastern North Carolina and the state. Can you describe a meaningful experience from your past that reflects your commitment to service, and how it shaped your understanding of its importance in healthcare? (250 words maximum)
  3. Can you describe any interactions or experiences you've had with individuals from rural communities? In what ways have these experiences influenced your understanding of the unique challenges and needs they face? (250 words maximum)
  4. Describe your future career goal(s) including your specialty(ies) of interest and the location where you hope to practice. How do you envision using the specialty(ies) you listed to advance the mission of Brody? (250 words maximum)
 
For prerequisites, if our physics lab and lecture was combined, do we indicate the same class for both? Or just select "I'm not matching any prerequisites to this course" for one or the other?
 
For prerequisites, if our physics lab and lecture was combined, do we indicate the same class for both? Or just select "I'm not matching any prerequisites to this course" for one or the other?
If I remember correctly, I listed the same class for both sections last year.
 
hey guys, can anyone help me to understand this question?

"At the Brody School of Medicine, our mission places a strong emphasis on serving the community—both within Brody and throughout Eastern North Carolina and the state. Can you describe a meaningful experience from your past that reflects your commitment to service, and how it shaped your understanding of its importance in healthcare?"

I don’t understand what they mean by "its importance in healthcare." like healthcare is inherently serving another person so what would I expound on there? like to me that feels like asking why is service important in being a waiter, like that’s just the job. am I misunderstanding the question? ALSO when they say an experience that reflects your commitment, what does that mean? can I just talk about a meaningful service activity where I was proactive in helping?
 
Hi all! I submitted my secondary for Brody on 7/17 but still have not received any communication that my application was complete or submitted. I know that in previous years there was a slight delay (~7 days) after some individuals submitted when they received a notification that they were complete. Has anyone else received any communication after submitting this cycle?
 
Hi all! I submitted my secondary for Brody on 7/17 but still have not received any communication that my application was complete or submitted. I know that in previous years there was a slight delay (~7 days) after some individuals submitted when they received a notification that they were complete. Has anyone else received any communication after submitting this cycle?
was going to ask the same!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my application on 7/29 but haven’t received a complete email yet. Has anyone who submitted on or after the 29th received one?
 
Hi all! I just received an email from Brody saying that I am missing a required lab course as they no longer accept AP credit. In the email, it says "we must receive an email from you explaining your action plan for completing this requirement." I was hoping to take just the lab somewhere in the coming spring semester prior to matriculation. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? Can I just tell them where and which courses I plan to take or do I have to provide some sort of documentation for proof? Thanks in advance!
 
Hi all! I just received an email from Brody saying that I am missing a required lab course as they no longer accept AP credit. In the email, it says "we must receive an email from you explaining your action plan for completing this requirement." I was hoping to take just the lab somewhere in the coming spring semester prior to matriculation. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? Can I just tell them where and which courses I plan to take or do I have to provide some sort of documentation for proof? Thanks in advance!
I called them when they first changed this requirement and they told me to email them with the course I will be taking and at what time and they will make a note in your file. They told me that it wouldn't impact them reviewing my application for an interview. I would definitely just email them back, they're super chill about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad