-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 East Carolina University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
"Your application has been reviewed and at this point, a final decision on your application has not been made"
What does this mean? It's not a rejection but how long until it is reviewed again or until I get a decision. I actually ended up with a poor MCAT score and was planning on retaking and reapplying next year but I'm IS for ECU and decided just to leave my app since I had already submitted by the time I got my scores back. I was expecting a rejection right off the bat, but this is interesting.
What does this mean? It's not a rejection but how long until it is reviewed again or until I get a decision. I actually ended up with a poor MCAT score and was planning on retaking and reapplying next year but I'm IS for ECU and decided just to leave my app since I had already submitted by the time I got my scores back. I was expecting a rejection right off the bat, but this is interesting.
II 10/7. Complete 9/9. Reapplicant
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same. complete late september, though.II 10/7. Complete 9/9. Reapplicant
Good job! What improvements did you make this cycle? Are you URM?II this morning!!! Reapplicant complete mid August. I interviewed last year and I'm so excited they gave me another shot!
+1!!II this morning!!! Reapplicant complete mid August. I interviewed last year and I'm so excited they gave me another shot!
Good job! What improvements did you make this cycle? Are you URM?
not a URM, but in my post rejection consult about things to fix the dean said I needed to boost my GPA by taking some classes and retake my mcat but otherwise I fit ECU pretty well. I did both so I have high hopes this round! If it brings hope to anyone else, I got to interview with a 25 MCAT so numbers aren't everything to them!
Congrats! 25 on MCAT last time or the second time around? Just curious!not a URM, but in my post rejection consult about things to fix the dean said I needed to boost my GPA by taking some classes and retake my mcat but otherwise I fit ECU pretty well. I did both so I have high hopes this round! If it brings hope to anyone else, I got to interview with a 25 MCAT so numbers aren't everything to them!
Edit: my mcat was similar, that's why I'm curious!
II today!!
Congrats!!! When were you complete?II today!!
II today!!
Awesome!! E-mail or did you just log into the admissions page and have a nice surprise?
Congrats!!! When were you complete?
Awesome!! E-mail or did you just log into the admissions page and have a nice surprise?
I got an email!! There wasn't any info on my application page (maybe since it's Saturday?) I believe I was complete in mid-July. Actually really surprised because my stats are kind of low! 🙂
I got an email!! There wasn't any info on my application page (maybe since it's Saturday?) I believe I was complete in mid-July. Actually really surprised because my stats are kind of low! 🙂
nice! i hope it goes well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! 25 on MCAT last time or the second time around? Just curious!
Edit: my mcat was similar, that's why I'm curious!
25 mcat before! I applied late and knew that score was terrible so I was very grateful to even have the opportunity to meet with admissions. Good luck to youu!!
Anyone hear anything? There was an update on the page (http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/bsomadmissions/update.cfm), looks like they have made 14 additional offers. I guess since they mail them out, we won't hear until later today or perhaps tomorrow?
I interviewed here yesterday. It went well. If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer any, just ask or PM!
Hey Warrenc, was it a stressful interview? Was it a more grilling interview or conversational?
Thanks!! Interviewing here next week 🙂
Received an acceptance email on 10-23! Not sure why it was sent out on this date...I thought it would be either the 15th or the 1st, but excited nonetheless! Let me know if anyone has questions 🙂 happy to help!
Congrats! When was your interview day? And stats?Received an acceptance email on 10-23! Not sure why it was sent out on this date...I thought it would be either the 15th or the 1st, but excited nonetheless! Let me know if anyone has questions 🙂 happy to help!
I also received an acceptance email on the 23rd, which is a huge relief because this is my top choice.
Welp, they passed me over then, cuz I never got an email on the 23rd. :/
When was your interview?I also received an acceptance email on the 23rd, which is a huge relief because this is my top choice.
low-stress, just be yourself and relax!Hey Warrenc, was it a stressful interview? Was it a more grilling interview or conversational?
Thanks!! Interviewing here next week 🙂
When was your interview?
It was in mid-late September. For those curious, the interview was very relaxed.
Don't know who's sending these things out on Sundays, but I got a re-app II today! Complete 9/3, and it looks like I'll be interviewing there the week of November 11.
I also received an acceptance email on the 23rd, which is a huge relief because this is my top choice.
Same! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When was your interview day? And stats?
Thank you! I interviewed mid-September. My stats aren't that great (which is why I was surprised about the early acceptance): 27 MCAT (10 V, 9 BS, 8 PS). I do have a 4.0 GPA and lots of clinical/research experience though. Let me know if you guys have any other questions!
When should we expect to hear back? I interviewed way back in late August.Thank you! I interviewed mid-September. My stats aren't that great (which is why I was surprised about the early acceptance): 27 MCAT (10 V, 9 BS, 8 PS). I do have a 4.0 GPA and lots of clinical/research experience though. Let me know if you guys have any other questions!
When should we expect to hear back? I interviewed way back in late August.
Dr. Peden told us at the end of the interview day that most people hear something withing 2-3 months of their interview. However, some will hear earlier than that and some only hear back around April. Basically...it seems like a waiting game with no real date set. Maybe call the admissions office and see if they've made a decision on you?
Okay, thanks! I hate talking over the phone, so I think I'll pass on that. It's been 2 months, so I can wait until Thanksgiving expecting a response. If not, then maybe I'll call them after having a neurotic breakdown (half srsly)Dr. Peden told us at the end of the interview day that most people hear something withing 2-3 months of their interview. However, some will hear earlier than that and some only hear back around April. Basically...it seems like a waiting game with no real date set. Maybe call the admissions office and see if they've made a decision on you?
Same! 🙂
In that case, I look forward to meeting you in August!
Hey Warrenc, was it a stressful interview? Was it a more grilling interview or conversational?
Thanks!! Interviewing here next week 🙂
Not stressful at all! Like everyone else has said, it was very conversational.. (My first interview was more so than my second, a medical student who was also 15 minutes late to the interview, but I digress..)
It was very much like "tell me about yourself" (talk about for a minute or two), back and forth conversation, then kind of guided topics of conversation --> "why medicine? (talk about it for a minute) tell me your shadowing or volunteering(repeat above). Oh you went to college at X?(repeat above)"
Since it's closed file, you really have to sell yourself more to people who have no idea about you besides your GPA/School, so practice that -- really go over your credentials/resume/application
Hope this helps!
To everyone who is wondering about when you'll hear back... be patient and prepare yourselves for a bit of a wait. Last year I interviewed in October and didn't hear back until April (straight acceptance--no waitlist or anything). I interviewed at 3 schools after I interviewed at Brody and heard back from all of them before I heard back from Brody. As far as I understand, your name is brought up at every admissions committee meeting and if they aren't ready to accept or reject you at that time then you just keep getting thrown back in the pot. Don't give up hope!
Anybody know how often adcom meets?
Anybody know how often adcom meets?
usually once a week, think on Wednesday (not %100 though)
Hi everyone,
What happens if we still haven't heard back about ii? Is it too late at this point? I've been complete since last month and was just wondering whether this is normal : -/
I wouldn't freak out. Only a month of being complete isn't bad at all. Past data shows that almost half the people who turn in secondaries get an interview invite at some point. It's still pretty early, just remain positive 🙂
Thanks! Staying positiveI wouldn't freak out. Only a month of being complete isn't bad at all. Past data shows that almost half the people who turn in secondaries get an interview invite at some point. It's still pretty early, just remain positive 🙂
+1Rejected just now! Kinda shocked, I thought my interview went AMAZING! Maybe it's meant to be!
Good luck everyone 🙂
Best wishes to everyone still in the running!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2. I'm still in shock. Confidence for UNC has been shattered. Trying hard not to break down at work right now. 🙁+1
Best wishes to everyone still in the running!
Rejected just now! Kinda shocked, I thought my interview went AMAZING! Maybe it's meant to be!
Good luck everyone 🙂
+1
Best wishes to everyone still in the running!
+2. I'm still in shock. Confidence for UNC has been shattered. Trying hard not to break down at work right now. 🙁
Very sorry to hear that. 🙁 When was y'alls interviews? Also, did any of you get the "your app has been reviewed but a final decision has not been made" status at any point?
I interviewed around mid-September. And yeah, I got that status about two weeks ago =/
And yeah, I got that status about two weeks ago =/
Nooooooo... 😢
Well I wouldn't interpret it like that. I remember Dr. Pegen saying that most applicants get reviewed multiple times which ultimately results in either an acceptance or rejection or waitlist. So just hold out until you have a concrete answer! =D