2014-2015 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS applicant here who still hasn't received an II or pre-II rejection. Does anyone know if there is still hope? I know they interview up until mid-April, but I imagine that means they're wrapping things up... ::fingers crossed::
hi! IS applicant with no news as well and a friend who interviewed said they believe their last date will be 4/27
 
Hello everyone, I have the same question about what to do after accepting your seat and completing the acceptance package. I read that we are automatically enrolled, but shouldn't we be getting an FSU ID at some point, to view our financial aid info, purchase insurance, etc? I am also waiting for some sort of proof of enrollment so I can start deferring my undergrad student loan payments. It almost feels like I missed a step in the process, but perhaps I'm just anxious about it all. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
Hello everyone, I have the same question about what to do after accepting your seat and completing the acceptance package. I read that we are automatically enrolled, but shouldn't we be getting an FSU ID at some point, to view our financial aid info, purchase insurance, etc? I am also waiting for some sort of proof of enrollment so I can start deferring my undergrad student loan payments. It almost feels like I missed a step in the process, but perhaps I'm just anxious about it all. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
You can email them and ask for yor EMPLID and with that you can activate your FSUID and have access to your account.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about financial aid/scholarships at FSU? How/when will accepted students be notified? If I haven't been notified does that mean anything?
 
Does anyone know when the Bridge Committee begins to meet/accept students?
You won't find out about bridge until early May. If your interviewer brought up bridge to you during your interview, you're still being considered. As someone stated earlier, FSU med & bridge HEAVILY favor in-state students who show a desire to practice in FL.
 
Last edited:
To anyone who's an FSU alumni, they gave me a new FSUID by mistake and I had to contact them and they're now trying to merge it to my old FSUID. If you're logging in and nothing new is showing indicating the college of medicine, or new financial aid awards, you most like have a similar problem.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone is still looking for a place to live, there are 5 units left at University Flats. The 1br is 1,000/month and the 2br is 1,200-1,400/month, including cable, internet, and parking. You could also add furniture for an extra $100/month. They will be brand new and ready to move in May 15th, and the May rent will be free.

If interested, contact Miranda Ard at 545-3628(cell) or 702-9100. First come, first serve, and you get to pick your unit!
map.png
layout.png
 
Last edited:
Was just curious as to why you think in a couple days they will start pulling off the hold list? Is there a particular date?

I had researched old threads which showed April 15th as a deadline to hold FSU as a lone acceptance, but it appears it is April 30th now. I was told the waitlist movement does start around now, but I would expect it to be minimal until the end of the month.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All we have left at this time is 2 of 2/2's and 1 of the 1/1 w study. The stand up shower is the spare bathroom in the 2/2. Roommate matching is an option, if interested. You can contact them at the numbers below or email them at: [email protected] or [email protected]. Lisa and Miranda are willing to show the apartments whenever. Good luck to everyone as the cycle wraps up!

If anyone is still looking for a place to live, there are 5 units left at University Flats. The 1br is 1,000/month and the 2br is 1,200-1,400/month, including cable, internet, and parking. You could also add furniture for an extra $100/month. They will be brand new and ready to move in May 15th, and the May rent will be free.

If interested, contact Miranda Ard at 545-3628(cell) or 702-9100. First come, first serve, and you get to pick your unit!
View attachment 191135 View attachment 191138
 

Attachments

  • 308 bedroom.jpg
    308 bedroom.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 308 kitchen.jpg
    308 kitchen.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 158
  • 308 spare bath 2.jpg
    308 spare bath 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 155
  • 308 spare bath1.jpg
    308 spare bath1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Was told today that the Bridge committee was not able to go through all of the applicants at yesterday's meeting, so they won't notify acceptances until after their second meeting on Tuesday
 
Accepted to the Bridge Program as well. So excited. I am so thankful for this blessing. I wish the best of luck to those still awaiting their decisions. Remember to not give up. 🙂
Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet you 🙂 I created a Bridge '16 Facebook page, if you want to join it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad