2014-2015 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey so are we supposed to get some sort of confirmation of the 44000 we receive from Safford loans? Because I sent in my FAFSA and did all of the other financial aid documents on that checklist but I don't know if I'm set for the 44000 for the year
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey so are we supposed to get some sort of confirmation of the 44000 we receive from Safford loans? Because I sent in my FAFSA and did all of the other financial aid documents on that checklist but I don't know if I'm set for the 44000 for the year

If you login into myFSU there's a financial aid link where you accept the loans offered. You'll need an EMPL ID to sign in though. Just shoot Brandi Miller an email and she'll let you know what your ID number is. Hope this helps!
 
did not a single notification from FSU after submitting my secondary...I mean I know is obviously a rejection, but something would've been nice.lol
 
For those accepted/current M1s, any advice on what to do to prepare in this last week? Things to buy, etc? I feel completely in the dark about what's about to start...

Also wondering about this... were we supposed to get some sort of acceptance package after accepting our spot in the class? i'm not sure if there are textbooks I'm supposed to purchase before orientation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted/current M1s, any advice on what to do to prepare in this last week? Things to buy, etc? I feel completely in the dark about what's about to start...
Also wondering about this... were we supposed to get some sort of acceptance package after accepting our spot in the class? i'm not sure if there are textbooks I'm supposed to purchase before orientation?

Congratulations to you too!!!

Here is a link that will hopefully be helpful:

http://med.fsu.edu/?page=studentAffairs.orientation

If you don't have an FSUID yet, then email the enrollment coordinator at [email protected] to get your EMPLID. You will need your EMPLID to set up your FSUID. Then you can complete financial aid information, insurance verification and more.

Do not worry about any textbooks yet since some classmates already have PDF versions...unless you want hard copies!

I guess I'll meet you next Tuesday 🙂
Enjoy this week!
 
Has anyone heard anything yet? I also interviewed in April and was later wait listed. Heard that admissions meets on Tuesdays so was thinking that maybe we might hear this week. FSU is my first choice and I'm hoping that if I can get accepted I could have a reasonable time to find a place to live before classes start. Last cycle, I saw that ppl were actually hearing back on May 19th ... but idk. Anybody out there on the wait list heard anything this week yet or have any insights/411?
 
Last edited:
Travel
Indicate your significant travel experiences and include the circumstances.
Fun And Diversion
Indicate what you do for fun and diversion (hobbies, special interests, etc.)
Miscellaneous
Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor or advisor would not normally learn about you.
Parents
For both mother and father, give the following:

  • Where they were raised
  • 4-5 traits that would describe him/her to a stranger
  • Traits you get from him/her
  • Your rapport with him/her
  • His/her hobbies or interests

Siblings
Give names, ages and a few brief comments about your brothers and sisters.
Practice Vision
In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?
ACT/SAT Scores (if any)
Please enter your ACT and SAT scores if you have taken these tests.


These are the prompts, I really doubt most of y'all need them as they seem to secondary everyone.


Does anybody know how much space/characters we have to answer these questions? Thanks!