-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When was the email sent?!!!!!!! Just received my first interview invite of the cycle!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited!!! I received the LOR request on July 9th. I'm OOS, 34, 3.95. WOW!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2:19 PM!
There's hope for us 7/9ers yet!
Did I call it or did I call it? (Except the "all" part)This right here is the tipping point for them, Mayo will not take this risk! II's for all tomorrow!
Congrats to all of you in the first batch of II's and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I am a first year medical student at Mayo and every day I am so glad I chose this place.
Our entire class can't wait to meet y'all and there's a wait list to take you on tours and to lunch.
This application cycle can be a high stress time, but my advice to you is to keep your focus on becoming a great doctor and serving your patients. If you let your passion for patient and population care lead, the rest will fall into place.
Hope to see you at interviews soon!
Our entire class can't wait to meet y'all and there's a wait list to take you on tours and to lunch.
This application cycle can be a high stress time, but my advice to you is to keep your focus on becoming a great doctor and serving your patients. If you let your passion for patient and population care lead, the rest will fall into place.
Hope to see you at interviews soon!
Does anyone know if application where completed continuously after 7/9 or were they completed discretely? That is, where they sending out completion emails every day from 7/9 onward or was it something like 7/9,7/12,7/15,7/17?
I can not wait to see you all in Mayo right now. I read other people's tour experience at Mayo, it sounded like that if I am fortunately enough to be found as someone who fits Mayo, I would be looking at opportunities to befriend/work with some truly exciting and passionate individuals. And thank you for your comforting words Dr. MomCongrats to all of you in the first batch of II's and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I am a first year medical student at Mayo and every day I am so glad I chose this place.
Our entire class can't wait to meet y'all and there's a wait list to take you on tours and to lunch.
This application cycle can be a high stress time, but my advice to you is to keep your focus on becoming a great doctor and serving your patients. If you let your passion for patient and population care lead, the rest will fall into place.
Hope to see you at interviews soon!
hm i got rejected without LOR requests. lizzyM is 74... 38 mcat 3.6 gpa. this sucks man, i was hoping i'd at least interview here. good luck to the rest of you.
Sorry to hear it 🙁 I got my first rejection from another school today, and it does sting. Best of luck to you as well.
rock on man. glhfSorry to hear it 🙁 I got my first rejection from another school today, and it does sting. Best of luck to you as well.
Hi guys, I got a rejection email post-LOR, complete 7/9. The sting has wore off a bit, I just hope it's not a sign of things to come. 35 MCAT/3.94 GPA. Good luck to the rest of you! 🙂
Oh no! I think I'm next. Your stats are better than mine too! I'm sorry 🙁 I'm sure your cycle will still be fantastic -- try not to let it get you down too much!
Posted using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once upon a time... I received a letter request followed by an II.
Oh, happy dreams that... I hope becomes reality.
Oh, happy dreams that... I hope becomes reality.
Oh no! I think I'm next. Your stats are better than mine too! I'm sorry 🙁 I'm sure your cycle will still be fantastic -- try not to let it get you down too much!
Posted using SDN Mobile
I'm right there with you, but it's not over 'til it's over!
rejected pre-LOR, LizzyM 78
I disagree. I think Mayo makes it clear that stats are far from the only factor! That is why their MCAT average is low compared to top tiers. We all can bring something unique to the table and Mayo just might like it.I'm right there with you, but it's not over 'til it's over!
I disagree. I think Mayo makes it clear that stats are far from the only factor! That is why their MCAT average is low compared to top tiers. We all can bring something unique to the table and Mayo just might like it.
Whoops, I totally wasn't clear. I agree it's about more than stats, I meant more that I was with them in the complete 7/9 group and anxiously waiting!
Last edited:
rejected pre-LOR, LizzyM 78
when did you submit your primary?
paid fee 7/22when did you submit your primary?
Does anyone know how the student hosting works and when we will get information on that?
Most schools email you info a week or two before interviews. But I dont know about Mayo. As for the people that got rejections, don't worry, it is still super duper early!
Got a rejection email last night around midnight. Pre-LOR
Most schools email you info a week or two before interviews. But I dont know about Mayo. As for the people that got rejections, don't worry, it is still super duper early!
Thanks! I was wondering this for other schools too. Good to know in general.
Got a rejection email last night around midnight. Pre-LOR
Same here, oh well. Plenty of other fish in the river!
I'm sorry! Pre/post LOR? On a Saturday? They're working hard!Denied like a boss. Complete 7/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like your altitude when confronted with adversities. Maybe Mayo will be reading this and sees that and reverse the decision! Either way, keep up with the positive attitude and good luck for the rest of the cycle!Denied like a boss. Complete 7/9
Complete 7/9 and still no word either way...
Complete 7/9 and still no word either way...
Same.
First post here.
I've been waiting since 7/10 as well.
I still like Mayo's approach of no secondaries.
I've been waiting since 7/10 as well.
I still like Mayo's approach of no secondaries.
Post LOR. Nah, they gave me the sorry but not sorry email Wednesday night. I just forgot to post until right meow.I'm sorry! Pre/post LOR? On a Saturday? They're working hard!
Does anyone know how the student hosting works and when we will get information on that?
Most schools email you info a week or two before interviews. But I dont know about Mayo. As for the people that got rejections, don't worry, it is still super duper early!
As mentioned, schools typically email you sometime before your interview with a contact sheet or way to get in touch with potential student hosts. The process and timeline depends on the school.
Last year for Mayo, I was sent a 'student letter' e-mail welcoming me and asking if I wanted to stay with a student host. Note: I received this e-mail about 3 days after the II, but this was in October so it may take a bit longer for them to send it out since it's still relatively early in the process. I then filled out a brief questionnaire (dates, allergies, contact info, etc) and they matched me up with a student host within a few days.
A whole day without a post in this thread!? Come on guys, what happened to the insane levels of pre-II neuroticism?
Well, not sure what to say though, by 7pm today, I'd be going a whole week without II.A whole day without a post in this thread!? Come on guys, what happened to the insane levels of pre-II neuroticism?
This:A whole day without a post in this thread!? Come on guys, what happened to the insane levels of pre-II neuroticism?

Complete on July 28th. No word to request or regret. Is this usual?
Complete on July 28th. No word to request or regret. Is this usual?
Most definitely not. Complete 7/10 and no word along with many others on here. Possibly they passed me for the first round interviews, but I think that no one with a complete later than 7/10 has gotten an interview.
+1, Complete on July 10th and haven't heard anything yet (But no news is better than bad news!)Most definitely not. Complete 7/10 and no word along with many others on here. Possibly they passed me for the first round interviews, but I think that no one with a complete later than 7/10 has gotten an interview.
Much better than bad news
People have gotten II's already?Most definitely not. Complete 7/10 and no word along with many others on here. Possibly they passed me for the first round interviews, but I think that no one with a complete later than 7/10 has gotten an interview.
Yes, they have. Read previous posts or check out MDapps.People have gotten II's already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can it be tomorrow soon! I want to hear from Mayo! I've got a feeling...
Hopefully they love me too. 
Hopefully they love me too. 
Can it be tomorrow soon! I want to hear from Mayo! I've got a feeling...Hopefully they love me too.
![]()
Haha I saw an update and thought that they had released IIs this morning!
Haha I saw an update and thought that they had released IIs this morning!
Oh no 😛...i could be totally batty but they sent out the first II's last wednesday and if last year is anything to go by they should send them out on wednesdays this year.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
