-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Quick question! After being verified at the end of June, I decided to add Mayo to my list on 07/15. After adding it on AMCAS though, I haven't gotten an e-mail from Mayo asking for secondary fee since then. What does this mean?????
means they haven't gotten to you yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection from Mayo today. They never even requested LORs, which is not a great way to start interview season, but I'm a fairly average applicant. LizzyM 65-70, top 20 college, good ECs, excellent research.
Chin up man! Its seems like Mayo's selection process is a little more unique than some other schools. I'm sure with those stats you'll hear good stuff from a lot of other schools!
Rejection from Mayo today. They never even requested LORs, which is not a great way to start interview season, but I'm a fairly average applicant. LizzyM 65-70, top 20 college, good ECs, excellent research.
You'll be fine bud, good luck!
Just joined SDN. I am hoping to get into Mayo as well. Got the LOR invite and got the following email 7/9.
We are pleased to notify you that your application has been selected for final review and interview consideration by the Mayo Medical School Admissions Executive Committee.
The final review process can take 4-6 weeks. Once a final decision has been made, you will be immediately notified by email. Please do not contact our Office of Admissions for status updates as this will delay the review process for all applicants.
Four weeks would be around now... six weeks is still a ways off...
I am thinking that they don't decide on everyone they are interviewing this early since quite a few people have yet to apply.
It has been fun reading this thread.
That's weird, I never got that email even though I got a LOR invite email and the completed email, anyone else on the same page? I got something similar, but it didn't have the "4-6 weeks"
That's weird, I never got that email even though I got a LOR invite email and the completed email, anyone else on the same page? I got something similar, but it didn't have the "4-6 weeks"
for me that was just tacked at the end of the LoR received email.
Got rejection today. Passed all their initial screens, received and sent LOR invite, and waited. Extremely unique ECs with training medical residents and nurses. I hope that my letter of reconsideration to them might help 

Wait, you're saying you got rejected post LOR request? Of so, that's new... And sorry to hear, bro 🙁Got rejection today. Passed all their initial screens, received and sent LOR invite, and waited. Extremely unique ECs with training medical residents and nurses. I hope that my letter of reconsideration to them might help![]()
I was under the impression that they did not send out rejections post LOR requests until after they sent out II's.
Yes. No invite. I guess rejections are on their way for post-LOR. Good luck to you allWait, you're saying you got rejected post LOR request? Of so, that's new... And sorry to hear, bro 🙁
I'm sorry to hear that. I have read your background, and you will do great. Keep your head up, this is largely a lottery of too many applicants.Yes. No invite. I guess rejections are on their way for post-LOR. Good luck to you all
Can you please tell me on which day you were complete?
Thanks! I'll be ok. I have interviews already. I was complete on 7/9I'm sorry to hear that. I have read your background, and you will do great. Keep your head up, this is largely a lottery of too many applicants.
Can you please tell me on which day you were complete?
Sorry to hear that you were rejected. Thank you for letting us know. And congratulations on your IIs at other schools.Thanks! I'll be ok. I have interviews already. I was complete on 7/9
I was under the impression that they did not send out rejections post LOR requests until after they sent out II's.
That's what we've been able to glean from last year's thread, but who really knows if that is necessarily true. On the other hand, perhaps they have sent out a few IIs to non-SDNers. I realize that folks on SDN tend to be a pretty accomplished bunch, but it is possible. My sense is that for most applicants they wait to make decisions until they have a better idea of where they stand relative to the entire pool. It seems that they might be getting close to whatever that magic sample size.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea Mayo LOR Request!!! "It is preferred that recommendation letters and ratings sheets be uploaded through the AMCAS website." How do my recommenders upload the ratings sheet through AMCAS?
Yea Mayo LOR Request!!! "It is preferred that recommendation letters and ratings sheets be uploaded through the AMCAS website." How do my recommenders upload the ratings sheet through AMCAS?
Umm...what is a rating sheet?
Yea Mayo LOR Request!!! "It is preferred that recommendation letters and ratings sheets be uploaded through the AMCAS website." How do my recommenders upload the ratings sheet through AMCAS?
They just want the same normal LOR's you'd submit to any other school.Umm...what is a rating sheet?
Umm...what is a rating sheet?
Yeah, i never saw anything about a rating sheet.
They just want the same normal LOR's you'd submit to any other school.
So is it just another way of saying letter of evaluation/recommendation?
.
Last edited:
What did your rejection email say exactly for post-LOR rejection?
Got rejection today. Passed all their initial screens, received and sent LOR invite, and waited. Extremely unique ECs with training medical residents and nurses. I hope that my letter of reconsideration to them might help![]()
Rating sheets are kind of a cover letter for your committee package. Usually you deans complete them. On the sheet they usually rate your academic competitiveness, personal competency on some kind of scale. If your undergraduate institution don't use committee pack then you don't have to worry about it.Umm...what is a rating sheet?
Rating sheets are kind of a cover letter for your committee package. Usually you deans complete them. On the sheet they usually rate your academic competitiveness, personal competency on some kind of scale. If your undergraduate institution don't use committee pack then you don't have to worry about it.
Ahhh. Thanks! My school has a committee, but they write a single letter together detailing all of that which has been really convenient during this whole interview process.
THIS IS THE WEEKSooooo, IIs tomorrow? 😉
I predict that the day we abandon all hope for II's is when they will finally be sent out.
Alas, its going to be a long time before we get any action at this rate 🙁.
Alas, its going to be a long time before we get any action at this rate 🙁.
Well they gave them selves a dealine when they said 4-6 weeks right? And I think the first ppl complete were on the 12th, right? If so, I think we can safely assume II will come out this Sat or Sun morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete on the 10th, and in my complete email there is no mention of the 4-6 weeks. They must have added that to the emails of people who were complete later.Well they gave them selves a dealine when they said 4-6 weeks right? And I think the first ppl complete were on the 12th, right? If so, I think we can safely assume II will come out this Sat or Sun morning.
+1I was complete on the 10th, and in my complete email there is no mention of the 4-6 weeks. They must have added that to the emails of people who were complete later.
I was complete on the 9th and it does mention 4-6 weeks 😉I was complete on the 10th, and in my complete email there is no mention of the 4-6 weeks. They must have added that to the emails of people who were complete later.
I was complete on the 9th and it does mention 4-6 weeks 😉
+1! 9th and 4-6 weeks. So I guess they have up until next Wednesday.... But sooner would be appreciated! 🙂
I was complete on the 9th and it does mention 4-6 weeks 😉
+2 so maybe they are only committed to getting back to a handful of us within 4-6 weeks 😉
Or (playing devil's advocate here) they quickly realized it'd take longer than 4-6 weeks so they removed it from all subsequent emails.+2 so maybe they are only committed to getting back to a handful of us within 4-6 weeks 😉
+2 and really hoping for this week haha+1! 9th and 4-6 weeks. So I guess they have up until next Wednesday.... But sooner would be appreciated! 🙂
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Or (playing devil's advocate here) they quickly realized it'd take longer than 4-6 weeks so they removed it from all subsequent emails.
Grr probably. Hopefully not because that means we all have a looong wait ahead of us still.
I'm counting on next Wed. 1 week from today.
This right here is the tipping point for them, Mayo will not take this risk! II's for all tomorrow!If mayo lies about this 4-6 week thing they'll have to rename themselves the "Miracle Whip School of Medicine"
This right here is the tipping point for them, Mayo will not take this risk! II's for all tomorrow!
If you ran for president tomo, I would vote for you.
If you ran for president tomo, I would vote for you.
Settle down, Mr. Underwood. Of course you would vote for him! 😉 (Better watch out, The Milkman!)
Just got rejected pre-LOR...best of luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry man, good luck to you for the rest of the cycle!Just got rejected pre-LOR...best of luck to everyone else!
Received this the other day:
"Mayo Medical School has recently received your application from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Thank you for choosing Mayo as one of the schools you are interested in attending. We sincerely appreciate your application and your interest in our school.
A non-refundable $120 fee payable in United States currency is required to initiate the review process of your AMCAS application. Electronic payment should be submitted at your earliest convenience."
It seems I made it through the first screen? This second portion just needs a fee, but does anyone know if I will get an opportunity to provide updates about what I will be doing in my time off? (recent graduate)
"Mayo Medical School has recently received your application from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Thank you for choosing Mayo as one of the schools you are interested in attending. We sincerely appreciate your application and your interest in our school.
A non-refundable $120 fee payable in United States currency is required to initiate the review process of your AMCAS application. Electronic payment should be submitted at your earliest convenience."
It seems I made it through the first screen? This second portion just needs a fee, but does anyone know if I will get an opportunity to provide updates about what I will be doing in my time off? (recent graduate)
Received this the other day:
"Mayo Medical School has recently received your application from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Thank you for choosing Mayo as one of the schools you are interested in attending. We sincerely appreciate your application and your interest in our school.
A non-refundable $120 fee payable in United States currency is required to initiate the review process of your AMCAS application. Electronic payment should be submitted at your earliest convenience."
It seems I made it through the first screen? This second portion just needs a fee, but does anyone know if I will get an opportunity to provide updates about what I will be doing in my time off? (recent graduate)
I don't believe you can update anything until you are invited for an interview. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
I sent them one (post LOR request, pre-interview) and they emailed back that they added it to my file.
I do think that they only accept them in the text of the email though, as in not an attachment.
+1
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
