2014-2015 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those still on the waitlist, I called admissions today and they said there are 47 people left on the 1st tier waitlist. They also said that an average of 2 acceptances have been offered per week for the last few weeks, but I can't imagine that will hold for the coming weeks. Here's to hoping!
 
For those still on the waitlist, I called admissions today and they said there are 47 people left on the 1st tier waitlist. They also said that an average of 2 acceptances have been offered per week for the last few weeks, but I can't imagine that will hold for the coming weeks. Here's to hoping!

Thanks for calling! So does that mean dozens have withdrawn their application? If only 2 acceptances have been offered per week, then that means only 6 acceptances have been offered since the Apr 30 deadline. Let's assume they offered several more on Apr 30, say 10ish...that would mean of the 53 not on the 1st tier waitlist anymore, only 16-20 have been offered acceptances which would leave 33 or more that have withdrawn...
 
So does that mean dozens have withdrawn their application?

Oh wow, April 30th does not feel that recent. The only thing she mentioned explicitly was that there were 47 people still on the waitlist who had not been contacted. The other 53 have either rescinded their application, accepted their offer, or have been extended an offer and have yet to respond. As I think back, the "2 per week" may have been phrased as "a couple a week" and been intended as more of an off-hand estimate.
 
I know that the median Mcat score is a 30 and a minimum is a 24 and i have a 28 but i would be able to get in with a 6 in a verbal? i know its terrible and will most likely have to write the new one (which then i would take a fifth year and apply next year). but is there any chance of getting in with 11 PS 6 VR 11 BS with around 3.6 GPA?
PS. I am a resident of michigan