Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll still have more than enough research opportunities if you end up matriculating in the MD program.Rejected MSTP yesterday, but invited MD today!! Mixed feelings for sure, but happy nonetheless!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You'll still have more than enough research opportunities if you end up matriculating in the MD program.Rejected MSTP yesterday, but invited MD today!! Mixed feelings for sure, but happy nonetheless!
Oh yes, I very much agree!! 🙂You'll still have more than enough research opportunities if you end up matriculating in the MD program.
That's awesome! Even an MD interview is something to be excited about. Beside, you'll have plenty of chance to convert to MD/PhD after you start med school. There are also tons of NIH/HHMI grants sitting there at Stanford waiting for grab.Rejected MSTP yesterday, but invited MD today!! Mixed feelings for sure, but happy nonetheless!
You're absolutely right!! 🙂) haha I think I'm still in shock about getting an II here. But I really appreciate everyone's support, it's really awesome!!! 🙂 best of luck to everyone still in the running!That's awesome! Even an MD interview is something to be excited about. Beside, you'll have plenty of chance to convert to MD/PhD after you start med school. There are also tons of NIH/HHMI grants sitting there at Stanford waiting for grab.
Rejected MSTP yesterday, but invited MD today!! Mixed feelings for sure, but happy nonetheless!
Thank you!! 🙂Congrats!
I might need to change my date for my Stanford interview, but it's not 100% necessary. Would they have a bad first impression of me if I change my interview date?
Can't believe I'm still waiting for a secondary (AMCAS verified 6/27). Sent email to Stanford, no response. Called, told would be a follow-up, nothing for a week. Sent email again, had an admin officer forward to director, director asks for time to talk, appointment set, director isn't there and all calls go to voice-mail, send email to reschedule, appointment set for today at 10am, all calls go to voice-mail, no contact at all.
This seems to be happening to a disproportionate number of Stanford applicants compared to other schools, especially since they don't screen as far as I know. I don't know what to tell you besides I'm sorry that happened! Hopefully your persistence will pay off!
Yea, it's unusual. I'm a re-applicant who got a prior interview though I applied pretty late so ended up on alternate and never had this issue before. This time I thought I'd apply earlier and I'm approaching my original submission date. On MSAR, it states all applicants get a secondary. Just simply exasperated with the unprofessionalism being shown as this is my dream school (and the one school I've never cracked even applying for undergrad). I'm turning into Captain Ahab pursuing this.
Hope you get some word on what's going on and eventually get to interview!Perhaps they'll appreciate your perseverance and that will make all the difference 🙂Yea, it's unusual. I'm a re-applicant who got a prior interview though I applied pretty late so ended up on alternate and never had this issue before. This time I thought I'd apply earlier and I'm approaching my original submission date. On MSAR, it states all applicants get a secondary. Just simply exasperated with the unprofessionalism being shown as this is my dream school (and the one school I've never cracked even applying for undergrad). I'm turning into Captain Ahab pursuing this.
Yea, it's unusual. I'm a re-applicant who got a prior interview though I applied pretty late so ended up on alternate and never had this issue before. This time I thought I'd apply earlier and I'm approaching my original submission date. On MSAR, it states all applicants get a secondary. Just simply exasperated with the unprofessionalism being shown as this is my dream school (and the one school I've never cracked even applying for undergrad). I'm turning into Captain Ahab pursuing this.
I was rejected from mstp on 8/25 and got an MD II on 8/26. Also usually the MSTP essays wouldn't be looked at by MD, but I'm sure if they really wanted to look at the essays they could. I think you'll be fine 🙂 I literally repeated the same sentence twice in one of my essays and at a top 20 mstp and I still got an interview so I wouldn't worry about it too much. PM me if you want more infoDoes anyone else who was rejected from MSTP know how long it takes to hear back from MD admissions? I received my rejection email from MSTP about two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from the MD side. Also, is it safe to assume that the MSTP essays would not be looked at by the MD side? I made a rather serious typo in my last MSTP essay that I think may have been a contributing factor to the decision.
I was rejected from mstp on 8/25 and got an MD II on 8/26. Also usually the MSTP essays wouldn't be looked at by MD, but I'm sure if they really wanted to look at the essays they could. I think you'll be fine 🙂 I literally repeated the same sentence twice in one of my essays and at a top 20 mstp and I still got an interview so I wouldn't worry about it too much. PM me if you want more info
I'm sure they understand it's a typo. I made typos on my primary and on a few secondaries and I've still gotten IIs. Hang in there!I said that I "overcame diversity" when I meant to say "overcame adversity". It just surprised me how quick I got a rejection. I didn't get my last letter in until mid-august (the author of the letter had a family emergency that took him out of state). I have received an ii from UChicago, but I haven't even heard anything from all the other schools. I was under the impression that getting rejected this quickly was a sign that there was something dramatically wrong with your application.
That's incredibly frustrating. I just hope similar thing doesn't happen with the reviewing of the apps here--falling into the crack and not being considered at all. I comfort myself with the fact that that's a rare event and even if it happens with one school, I still have 29 left.Can't believe I'm still waiting for a secondary (AMCAS verified 6/27). Sent email to Stanford, no response. Called, told would be a follow-up, nothing for a week. Sent email again, had an admin officer forward to director, director asks for time to talk, appointment set, director isn't there and all calls go to voice-mail, send email to reschedule, appointment set for today at 10am, all calls go to voice-mail, no contact at all.
Eeek II this morning!!!
Complete 7/30. Only two dates available, both in early October.
Good luck everyone!
Hi Stanford,
Please love me. Please let me visit your pretty school. I would very much like the chance to try to offer you my firstborn child during an interview.
Plz and thx,
Wolverine
Hey, could you possibly tell me the exact dates please? I am hoping to send them an "in the area email"
Thanks!
I have nothing concrete to offer. But I promise I'll shed a few dead skin cells. Plus some waste excretion here and there depending on what I would eat/drink and how scared/nervous I got during the MMI. Stanford if that's what you might like, send interview my way.Hi Stanford,
Please love me. Please let me visit your pretty school. I would very much like the chance to try to offer you my firstborn child during an interview.
Plz and thx,
Wolverine
Just a friendly reminder to be conservative with your promises. I almost had to name my firstborn UCSF Parnassus Nutella.
The interview gods do not take such things lightly.
Just a friendly reminder to be conservative with your promises. I almost had to name my firstborn UCSF Parnassus Nutella.
The interview gods do not take such things lightly.
That lucky child will have no issues whatsoever on the playground. No siree bob.
Stanford might get your child teased a bit at school, it is still better for a baby name than "Blue Ivy" or "Brooklyn".It does have a nice ring to it, yes?
Now that I think about it, "Stanford Palo Alto Nutella" wouldn't be too bad for my firstborn...
Anyone else interviewing on Oct 1? From the website it looks like we're supposed to confirm our interview attendance at least 5 days in advance. Do we just email them directly? I haven't heard a peep from them since receiving my II.
That mysterious creature who sends Sunday 7am (PST) email to the lucky few somehow decided that I am worthy of stepping onto the land of Stanford SOM.
II!!!!! Interview a couple days before my birthday too!
Was enjoying a nice drive in Pittsburgh, heading to the UPMC to check it out before my interview tomorrow. Was so sad having lost wallet with about $900 worth of things inside.
Suddenly! That! Screamed pretty loud on the otherwise peaceful road! Rejected 3 years ago for the MSTP program, still have the snail mailed rejection letter. Would I be able to get an acceptance to put them side by side and frame it? Too much to think about. Really just glad for having a chance to visit Palo Alto and SF right now!!!
Mid-late Oct interview slots open. I'm from the east coast, LizzyM>78. Pub>5 Research>5 yrs. Re-Applicant.
Thank you my tella! I would not question your foretelling in the future! I hope we end up in the same place. I'll get a VW bug, you with you cooper. We can go places!I knew it. 😉 You're going to do stunningly!
Whooa congrats!! You are going to kill the interview! Sorry to hear about your wallet. Hopefully, someone will find it and do the right thing and get it back to you. Happy early birthday by the way!!That mysterious creature who sends Sunday 7am (PST) email to the lucky few somehow decided that I am worthy of stepping onto the land of Stanford SOM.
II!!!!! Interview a couple days before my birthday too!
Was enjoying a nice drive in Pittsburgh, heading to the UPMC to check it out before my interview tomorrow. Was so sad having lost wallet with about $900 worth of things inside.
Suddenly! That! Screamed pretty loud on the otherwise peaceful road! Rejected 3 years ago for the MSTP program, still have the snail mailed rejection letter. Would I be able to get an acceptance to put them side by side and frame it? Too much to think about. Really just glad for having a chance to visit Palo Alto and SF right now!!!
Mid-late Oct interview slots open. I'm from the east coast, LizzyM>78. Pub>5 Research>5 yrs. Re-Applicant. Complete Aug 1st.
Thanks a bunch Limitlessness! You are the SDN legend. My wallet is gone for good I think--have my number and email written inside and no one has yet called me. Hope to run into you sometime on the busy busy trail of yours. Although everywhere I go I seem to be a couple stops behinds your first responders. Cheers!Whooa congrats!! You are going to kill the interview! Sorry to hear about your wallet. Hopefully, someone will find it and do the right thing and get it back to you. Happy early birthday by the way!!
That mysterious creature who sends Sunday 7am (PST) email to the lucky few somehow decided that I am worthy of stepping onto the land of Stanford SOM.
II!!!!! Interview a couple days before my birthday too!
Was enjoying a nice drive in Pittsburgh, heading to the UPMC to check it out before my interview tomorrow. Was so sad having lost wallet with about $900 worth of things inside.
Suddenly! That! Screamed pretty loud on the otherwise peaceful road! Rejected 3 years ago for the MSTP program, still have the snail mailed rejection letter. Would I be able to get an acceptance to put them side by side and frame it? Too much to think about. Really just glad for having a chance to visit Palo Alto and SF right now!!!
Mid-late Oct interview slots open. I'm from the east coast, LizzyM>78. Pub>5 Research>5 yrs. Re-Applicant. Complete Aug 1st.
I just imagine what would I say if someone on the street tries to sell me a Stanford II for $900 to get a Stanford II? I'd be like dude this is a such a good deal! Give me a dozen. So yeah.WOOOOOO friendly! Congratulations!!!! You are dominating this week's II list! Vandy then this? Wow. Sorry to hear about your wallet, that is very stress-inducing. But at the price of a Stanford II, hmmmm I'd take Stanford 😉
Yes, frame them!!! 😀
. Not sure what's going on, but super duper grateful.I just imagine what would I say if someone on the street tries to sell me a Stanford II for $900 to get a Stanford II? I'd be like dude this is a such a good deal! Give me a dozen. So yeah.
Thanks R is my middle name! I actually had 3 this week. Not sure what's going on, but super duper grateful.
Congratulations and best of luck to you.II today! Complete mid August.
OOS, and I'd like to stay as anonymous as possible until the end of the cycle, thanks!Congratulations and best of luck to you.
Are you IS? what are your stats?
Hey when you email to confirm your MMI, do you get a confirmation email? I sent mine today and I'm worried that they didn't get it and I'll lose my MMI date
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.