You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Kansas Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II just now!!!! This is my first one. I'm so nervous I don't even know how to reply to the interview invite!!! 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if interview location should correspond with where you preferenced? I selected Kansas City as my interview campus, but received a Wichita invite. I'll take it, but I'm in KC on the Missouri side, so it would be a little inconvenient.
I'm not sure it matters too much. Lot of people here in KC had to interview in WIchita. That being said, I think they lived closer to their interview spot, I'm not too sure why you got selected for Wichita. Sorry 🙁Does anyone know if interview location should correspond with where you preferenced? I selected Kansas City as my interview campus, but received a Wichita invite. I'll take it, but I'm in KC on the Missouri side, so it would be a little inconvenient.
II for Oct. 29th in Wichita.
Me too! Good luck to all of us.
How long did it take everyone to get an interview email after submitting your secondary? This wait time is so painful.
With about 5000 applicants and only 10% getting an interview it can take some time to schedule. They have to consider when you applied versus how many people have been scheduled. They typically interview about 30 people a day, 3-4 days a week.How long did it take everyone to get an interview email after submitting your secondary? This wait time is so painful.
They'll get to you. I submitted my secondary before the deadline and didn't hear anything for a couple of months. There are people who submitted and still haven't heard back.
There is always January too.
How long did it take everyone to get an interview email after submitting your secondary? This wait time is so painful.
For me, secondary was marked as "File Complete" on 9/22, and I received II on 10/9.
I really hope that's the case for me too! I was "complete" on 9/30. I guess I'll wait another week before I start to panick. Thanks!For me, secondary was marked as "File Complete" on 9/22, and I received II on 10/9.
They "tried" to mail them out within three weeks last year. I got mine within 3 weeks, but other interview groups had to wait as much as fiveDoes anyone know the turnaround time on our admission status after we have interviews? For example, will we know within a month if we have been accepted, wait listed, etc?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My advice to you is the same advice I give to others:
Be ready to think on your feet, but be prepared with your information. You don't want to walk into the interview and say "Hey I know all about Ebola" and then they say "Great, so what would you do if you were in charge of infectious disease" and you're left stumped.
You have to be honest, sincere, and be able to demonstrate preparedness for this. Even then, they might still just wave you away. At the end of the day, you need to show that you have integrity and sincerity and are really ready to commit to the life of a doctor. What good is knowing health care if you have no plans to help improve it? What good is knowing about the life of a doctor if you have no desire to change it?
If you're just there for the title, they'll know. Show them you want more than just the title. You want the responsibility, you want the challenge, and you want the ability to help others in a way that allows you to not just aid the community, but lead it.
Be ready to think on your feet, but be prepared with your information. You don't want to walk into the interview and say "Hey I know all about Ebola" and then they say "Great, so what would you do if you were in charge of infectious disease" and you're left stumped.
You have to be honest, sincere, and be able to demonstrate preparedness for this. Even then, they might still just wave you away. At the end of the day, you need to show that you have integrity and sincerity and are really ready to commit to the life of a doctor. What good is knowing health care if you have no plans to help improve it? What good is knowing about the life of a doctor if you have no desire to change it?
If you're just there for the title, they'll know. Show them you want more than just the title. You want the responsibility, you want the challenge, and you want the ability to help others in a way that allows you to not just aid the community, but lead it.
@docksan, thanks for the solid advice. That is definitely a good mentality to go into the interview with. I'll be thinking about it a lot for the next month. I think I'll prefer conveying that in person rather than on paper so I'm excited.
I'm just curious to know if there were any questions that stood out or were interesting and really made people think. Although I'm sure there's a lot of variability in the questions they could ask it'd be nice to think about the questions for some time. Although, spontaneity in an interview can be fun.
I'm just curious to know if there were any questions that stood out or were interesting and really made people think. Although I'm sure there's a lot of variability in the questions they could ask it'd be nice to think about the questions for some time. Although, spontaneity in an interview can be fun.
@docksan, thanks for the solid advice. That is definitely a good mentality to go into the interview with. I'll be thinking about it a lot for the next month. I think I'll prefer conveying that in person rather than on paper so I'm excited.
I'm just curious to know if there were any questions that stood out or were interesting and really made people think. Although I'm sure there's a lot of variability in the questions they could ask it'd be nice to think about the questions for some time. Although, spontaneity in an interview can be fun.
I think docksan has pretty much summed it up for you in the best way.. We can't really tell you any of the "specific" questions we were asked because the interview doesn't really work that way. The interviewers will have read all of your application materials and they will ask you questions about "you", your experiences, etc. Anything that is considered to be a tricky question will be related to your experiences, such as time abroad, a leadership position, etc.
Last edited:
I'd recommend if you're not from the KC area spend the night at the Holiday Inn across the street. It's a very nice place and it was peaceful for me spending the night before hand looking out of my window at the school. Be yourself and relax too! You finally have the chance to simply talk to someone, face-to-face, about your dream 🙂 Bring your passion and energy and you'll do wonderfully.
Good luck!
What type of questions did your interview consist of? Congrats on the acceptance!!! 😀
You should expect spontaneity. No amount of preparation will save a one-sided interview.
glad to hear the interview works that way here. Looking forward to it
also go royals!
Think they will send out the first round of decisions today?? One can only dream...
Received an II for November today!! Hope to see some of you there.
So quiet..
We're all just waiting patiently to hear - it's torture, but who knows next round of interview is this week - maybe some of us will hear soonSo quiet..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I imagine letters went out last Friday.
Id like to think that too, but I live within 15 min of the school so I feel like I would have gotten the letter on Saturday.
Mine seems to be working okay
Mine seems to be working okay
strange, mine is extremelllllllyyyyy slow, and sometimes doesn't load.
strange, mine is extremelllllllyyyyy slow, and sometimes doesn't load.
It might be your browser. I know that there have been a few times when I could get into the site, but it kept freezing. Maybe try a different computer, that worked for me.
+1Anyone else sheepish and not contacting the office about status?
Someone who is not of the sheep origin should contact admissions. Note: this person is not me, Bahhhhh.
Last edited:
I'm IS and an Undergrad at KU with great Recs from some noteworthy faculty and I've been complete since August with no word... KU likes to take their time for some reasonHey, any other OOSers with ties to the state hear anything yet?
I've been complete for over a month now and not a peep. Thinking of contacting the member of the ADCOM that came to my school rather frequently and talked with us.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called in today. The admissions office stated that they will be sending out decision letters today or tomorrow; they are just waiting on a few signatures.
Would these decision letters apply to people who interview in late October too?? I remember them saying ADCOM were meeting on Tuesdays, right?
So do people who have been accepted get an email first or do you just wait for the snail mail to find out? (sorry for all the questions)
Me or scrubslover?You're probably on the list for January/February. Just call them.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K