You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When you send an update, are you supposed to get a confirmation email? I never did and their answering machine is not very helpful. It just says to leave an email
I'm hoping not because I sent an update to the admissions email last week and I've heard no response lol
Received a letter of acceptance in the mail today. Interviewed 3/29. Good luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone on the wait list heard any news?
has anyone gotten their finaid yet?
I just received an awesome scholarship today and will likely be attending Drexel 🙂
Can any Drexel students comment on where most students live, and what is typical rent for the area?
Can any Drexel students comment on where most students live, and what is typical rent for the area?
I just received an awesome scholarship today and will likely be attending Drexel 🙂
Can any Drexel students comment on where most students live, and what is typical rent for the area?
How did you find out about your financial aid package?
@kitesandstars94 Join the FB page.. there's a whole student handbook for every question you have, and a pie chart breakdown of where everyone lives.I just received an awesome scholarship today and will likely be attending Drexel 🙂
Can any Drexel students comment on where most students live, and what is typical rent for the area?
So when did you get your financial aid info??
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
I got a call on Tuesday!
Accepted today off the wait list!
Congrats! Did you send any update letters or LOI?
Also accepted off the waitlist today!! Did not send anything to the school since interviewing.
Also accepted off the waitlist today!! Did not send anything to the school since interviewing.
Congrats! All of you give us hope 🙂. Would you mind sharing stats?
Accepted today off the wait list!
Also accepted off the waitlist today!! Did not send anything to the school since interviewing.
Did you receive an email or a letter in the mail?
Accepted today off the wait list!
Also accepted off the waitlist today!! Did not send anything to the school since interviewing.
Congratulations you guys! If you don't mind, when were you guys placed on the wait list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get a phone call or an email?Accepted off the waitlist today!!!! I cannot believe it!! I thought I was gonna have to do an SMP lol
Did not send anything to the school since interviewing either
3.45 GPA (very large upward trend)
34 MCAT
Good ECs and good LORs
It was an email, but it said official letter is on the way in the mail.Did you receive an email or a letter in the mail?
I interviewed early January, placed on waitlist end of February.Congratulations you guys! If you don't mind, when were you guys placed on the wait list?
Anybody know if the April 30 deadline is a hard deadline? I have to choose between Drexel and another school and I simply need more time!
It was an email, but it said official letter is on the way in the mail.
I interviewed early January, placed on waitlist end of February.
Anybody know if the April 30 deadline is a hard deadline? I have to choose between Drexel and another school and I simply need more time!
Technically it's really May 2nd, right? Because today is not a business day.
Don't we have 21 days from the receipt of the letter to decide if we want to accept? The May 2nd deadline is just the multiple acceptances deadline, so we can accept Drexel 21 days from yesterday so long as we withdraw our other acceptance.
Did not send any letters. LizzyM 73, interviewed Jan.
Congrats! Did you send any update letters or LOI?
Did not send any letters. LizzyM 73, interviewed Jan.
Last edited:
Accepted off WL as well !!! Received an email around 4pm, which i didnt check til midnight
Does anyone have academic calendar for 2016-17 (orientation, first day, holidays, etc) cant seem to find it
Go to the FB group and you'll find links to this information. Orientation tentatively starts 8/1
In the past few hours my status changed from "Thank you for remaining on the Drexel University waiting list" to "A decision has been reached on your application and a letter will be sent".
Has anyone gotten a rejection after being placed on the waitlist? I interviewed March 9th.
I'm praying that this is a good sign, but I can b a bit of a pessimist.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Has anyone gotten a rejection after being placed on the waitlist? I interviewed March 9th.
I'm praying that this is a good sign, but I can b a bit of a pessimist.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Last edited:
In the past few hours my status changed from "Thank you for remaining on the Drexel University waiting list" to "A decision has been reached on your application and a letter will be sent".
Has anyone gotten a rejection after being placed on the waitlist? I interviewed March 9th.
I'm praying that this is a good sign, but I can b a bit of a pessimist.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
To my knowledge, that's usually a good sign! I'm not sure whether people get rejections after being placed on the wait list. From what I'd read, it sounded like if your status changes from the waitlist to "a decision has been reached," it means you have an acceptance headed your way. (But don't quote me on that!)
Acceptance withdrawn. I know my spot will go to someone deserving! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear throughout the summer.
In the past few hours my status changed from "Thank you for remaining on the Drexel University waiting list" to "A decision has been reached on your application and a letter will be sent".
Has anyone gotten a rejection after being placed on the waitlist? I interviewed March 9th.
I'm praying that this is a good sign, but I can b a bit of a pessimist.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Same! In previous threads, everyone who got this status around this time was accepted! Man this wait is gonna be killer now
BUT, I don't know why they didn't send an email like the others got 1 week or so ago... maybe that means a rejection, dunno lol
Same! In previous threads, everyone who got this status around this time was accepted! Man this wait is gonna be killer now
BUT, I don't know why they didn't send an email like the others got 1 week or so ago... maybe that means a rejection, dunno lol
I really hope its good news. I didn't get an email when I got the interview invite either. I'm currently a Drexel grad student too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my acceptance here.. good luck to those on the waitlist!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Also noticed the status changed. Fingers crossed!!!
Did you get an email? I haven't yet.Also noticed the status changed. Fingers crossed!!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
not yet and no letter in the mail either! Freaking out a bit
Any news about scholarships/financial aid?
Just accepted by email!
I also had the status change, so I am eagerly awaiting a phone call, email, or snail mail to hear a decision. Does anyone understand why some people get called, some get emailed, and some have to wait for the physical mail for a Drexel decision? Every other med school I interviewed for calls the accepted students and emails the rest. Why does Drexel love suspense? It's killing me!!!
I'm so freaking out. Some people don't seem to get any emails. They never emailed me about my interview either. Crossing my fingers that this isn't bad news.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
7
708445
Thank you, Drexel, for releasing me from interview consideration a week after traffic day
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Got accepted! The email went to my junk folder for some reason.
I'm literally jumping for joy right now!!
I'm literally jumping for joy right now!!
Last edited:
Could someone post the link to the class of 2020 fb page
Could someone post the link to the class of 2020 fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DUCoM.Classof2020/
Congrats! When did you notice the status change on the portal and when did the email come in? I noticed my status change to "a letter will be sent to your preferred address" last night, but I haven't had any emails or calls or letters. When I had my initial interview decision (interview Jan. 4) it took almost 3 weeks from the decision change (mid Feb) on the portal until I got a letter about the waitlist in early March, and I received no emails about the waitlist at any point. This is stressful and suspenseful hahaGot accepted! The email went to my junk folder for some reason.
I'm literally jumping for joy right now!!
Congrats! When did you notice the status change on the portal and when did the email come in? I noticed my status change to "a letter will be sent to your preferred address" last night, but I haven't had any emails or calls or letters. When I had my initial interview decision (interview Jan. 4) it took almost 3 weeks from the decision change (mid Feb) on the portal until I got a letter about the waitlist in early March, and I received no emails about the waitlist at any point. This is stressful and suspenseful haha
I got the status change on Wednesday afternoon. The email came at 6pm on Thursday. I haven't gotten any emails about the waitlist or anything either. Interviewed March 9th.
Letters went out this morning. Still haven't received that email tho 
Scratch that, just got the email!

Scratch that, just got the email!

Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am desperately looking for a safe, decent, one bedroom apt for my daughter to live. Id like to stay around $900, be close to transportation, close to campus. Do any current student have any suggestions?
Your daughter is an adult. My suggestion? Have her join the FB group for the class of 2020 where TONS of housing information has been posted plus the housing survival guide.
withdrawing my acceptance here, good luck guys!! I hope one of you on the wait list get it!🙂
withdrawing my acceptance here, good luck guys!! I hope one of you on the wait list get it!🙂
Haha, you might have just given me a seat!
Accepted just now off the waitlist, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live in philly but unfortunately I'll be sticking with my IS acceptance.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K