2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope you're right! It would just be REALLY NICE, if I didn't have to submit another application in June OR redo my MCAT.

But, are you talking Georgetown's WL specifically or other schools?
Based on my experience last year, there's gong to be a lot of movement from a lot of schools including Georgetown! I've heard of people getting in just days before orientation (GUSOM and other schools as well)...I feel you though. I'd hate to reapply for a third time and retake the MCAT too (expires this year womp)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Georgetowns deposit is due by May 15th so they may be waiting until after then to do anything with a majority of the WL

Good to know! GT also gave out acceptances last Monday and those who got accepted should have two weeks to decide to attend, so May 15th is looking like the next potential wait list move... Fingers crossed for everyone! This is my dream school.
 
Good to know! GT also gave out acceptances last Monday and those who got accepted should have two weeks to decide to attend, so May 15th is looking like the next potential wait list move... Fingers crossed for everyone! This is my dream school.
Yeah May 15 would be great. I would love to go here (my only interview :/)! An acceptance would be the best birthday gift ever *coughcough* :angelic:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of curriculum changes taking place for C/O 2020? The website is somewhat vague on the reform (and even when the changes are actually being enacted).
 
Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of curriculum changes taking place for C/O 2020? The website is somewhat vague on the reform (and even when the changes are actually being enacted).

The only change for the class of 2020 is P/F grading. Any other changes in curriculum are starting for the class of 2021. That's what the dean said at second look at least.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you applying to DO too? Their personal statement I think has 1000 less character max than MD. It was really hard for me to just take 1000 characters out for the DO statement ! Lol
Yeah I am, but I wanna finish my MD PS first; I don't want to be complacent, but I want to prioritize my MD app since DO has already been opened for a while >__> I'll deal with my DO PS in June, lol.
 
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats, when you were interviewed/waitlisted, and if/when you sent any letters?

MCAT: 30
GPA: 3.8
Interviewed Sep 1, Waitlisted Oct 22

I ended up sending in all of my letters, one immediately after my decision, one in January with grades, one in February, one in April, and then my final one about two weeks ago saying that I would accept their offer over my current acceptance.
 
Does anyone know how to view the financial aid package on MyAccess? I can't find it. I am thinking either it hasn't been generated yet, or I have to pay the deposit first?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
upload_2016-6-15_19-21-7.png


Every Email Ever.
 
Well got the email that the class has been filled up good luck to those still waiting for the few seats that might open up this summer!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile