-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by claduva94
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate list just meow as well :/
sorry for the interrogation, but was it around 2:20 pst? that's when the other person posted that they were waitlisted
Later in the hour
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me. Total silence, double checking my spam.has anyone still not heard anything?
I am actually really scared for that 2am rejection email.
same, haven't heard anything and freakinnnnhas anyone still not heard anything?
I am actually really scared for that 2am rejection email.
edited
Last edited:
still nothing ,,
oh wells i am just honored and grateful to have received an interview esp with my messy mcat history and being international
Good luck everyone 🙂 its not over till its over
My sentiments too. Lucky and happy with my options, I have the cake but Mayo would have been the icing.
Wait listed as well! Email just came in. At least not rejected 🙂 I'll totally take that
Wait listed!!! Wow can't believe it, Does anyone know when official rejections go out off the wait list?? Congrats to everyone who was accepted today 😀 what an accomplishment
Last edited:
Alternate/waitlist 🙁 but CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!
still nothing 🙁
Rejected. Released from consideration
So sorry, no email for me, just continued silence. Waiting for release at 2:30am from purgatory. SighRejected. Released from consideration
Edit. Release from consideration. Guess I get only cake, no icing. Not too sad, this was a stretch. Best wishes to folks on the alt list.
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up. Things will work out for the best.Rejected. Released from consideration
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Teenage cancer survivor, lifelong patient of CVID, grew up and worked on a farm to get through school. Over 5000 hours on AMCAS in 3.5 years including a first author pub and a contributing author pub knocking on the door. Clawed myself up the whole way, this rejection hurts a lot but I'm not too worried about it underpinning my future success.
How many applicants are placed on the wait list? About 45 applicants are accepted off of the alternate list, right?
Rejected. Welllllll that hurt...
Alt list! Thought that I bombed the interview, so I am somewhat surprised that I am not rejected.
rejected. very sad, very sad. good luck to all!
still nothing ! Sorry to hear about the rejections 🙁
Accepted. Interviewed 12/14. Good luck to all.
Congrats @bostoncollegemgh !! 🙂
When did you hear from them?
When did you hear from them?
They waitlist about 100/250 applicants right...? Idk where I got that statistic but I feel like I heard that somewhere. Someone please confirm or correct me if I'm wrong~
Also really sorry to hear about the rejections 🙁 just keep in mind that it is already a huge feat to be considered by Mayo and they must saw something special in you to have offered you an interview! Hang in there~
Also really sorry to hear about the rejections 🙁 just keep in mind that it is already a huge feat to be considered by Mayo and they must saw something special in you to have offered you an interview! Hang in there~
Alt list! Did NOT feel like I bought my A game to the intense behavioral questions at interview, so I'll take it.
They waitlist about 100/250 applicants right...? Idk where I got that statistic but I feel like I heard that somewhere. Someone please confirm or correct me if I'm wrong~
Also really sorry to hear about the rejections 🙁 just keep in mind that it is already a huge feat to be considered by Mayo and they must saw something special in you to have offered you an interview! Hang in there~
That's correct, and they accept about 50% of the waitlist.
anyone still waiting to hear back 🙂
OMG @ImmunoLove -- so excited for you!!!!AHHHHHHHHH I GOT THE CALL!!!! OMG!!!! I'm stupid with disbelief, happiness, and a mix of one hundred other things!!
Congratulations! I interview MD/PhD in a couple of weeks, maybe we will get a chance to be at Mayo together!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG @ImmunoLove -- so excited for you!!!!Congratulations! I interview MD/PhD in a couple of weeks, maybe we will get a chance to be at Mayo together!
![]()
Yay I can't believe it! I'd LOVE to see you there! I bet you'd love it!!
That's correct, and they accept about 50% of the waitlist.
Whaa that's good to hear 🙂 And CONGRATS BUDDYDYYY!!!! WOOO!! Really happy for you!
Whaa that's good to hear 🙂 And CONGRATS BUDDYDYYY!!!! WOOO!! Really happy for you!
Yeah, making it on the waitlist is honestly quite the feat! Apparently they are fond of updates showing interest and it dictates/informs who they pull off the waitlist, so get to charming them @pineapplecake!
Anyone have any opinions on when to send letters of interest/intent? Maybe mid-march since lots of the WL movement occurs around April?
Alternate list. Encouraging to hear about the favorable chances of getting OFF the alt list.
That's always nice. I am intending to send a letter of intent (heh, get it) but when would be the best time to do this? I know even now (though I haven't heard from places in the Top 10 that I interviewed at) that Mayo would be my #1. But would it be more impactful if I waited until March when I know all my options?
That's always nice. I am intending to send a letter of intent (heh, get it) but when would be the best time to do this? I know even now (though I haven't heard from places in the Top 10 that I interviewed at) that Mayo would be my #1. But would it be more impactful if I waited until March when I know all my options?
anyone still waiting to hear back 🙂
me! haven't heard anything yet 😱
feeling like

also alternate. It wouldn't be my top choice but I'm still waiting on my top choices. would be if I didn't get into my top choices. should I wait until March to send in my letter? sorry this sounds kind of bad to say.
I would wait until you hear back from your actual top choices. Don't send a letter of intent unless you would absolutely go there because you could still end up getting accepted to your top choices
Yea the world is small and you don't want to risk sending something that's not true. Source: I was told by my faculty interviewer.I would wait until you hear back from your actual top choices. Don't send a letter of intent unless you would absolutely go there because you could still end up getting accepted to your top choices
I would let them know now if you feel that Mayo is one of your top choices. At this point, I believe it is an unranked alternate list. Write them a passionate LOI and why Mayo is your top choice and why they are a good fit for you. I got the feeling that you really need to show them love to get appointed at Mayo. You want to be in that top quarter or top half of their alternate list to increase your chance of getting that appointment. Good luck to you and the others in the alternate list. While fortunate to have interviewed here and placed on the alternate list, I have withdrawn my alternate list position. I have really enjoyed following the SDN postings here. Best of luck to all and may your dream school precipitate to reality.Alternate list. Encouraging to hear about the favorable chances of getting OFF the alt list.
That's always nice. I am intending to send a letter of intent (heh, get it) but when would be the best time to do this? I know even now (though I haven't heard from places in the Top 10 that I interviewed at) that Mayo would be my #1. But would it be more impactful if I waited until March when I know all my options?
I would wait until you hear back from your actual top choices. Don't send a letter of intent unless you would absolutely go there because you could still end up getting accepted to your top choices
I second this. It's not really your intent to go at this point, so don't claim it to be the case. You very well may get in to your top choices (I recall a stat that the average mayo matriculant holds 6-8 acceptances, and those who interview there have typically successful cycles, so you'll probably get in where you want to go). If afterwards you decide mayo is your top choice, then send a letter.
@occams_razor
Thanks! Still havent heard anything 🙁 but it looks like individuals got emails last night so I am thinking we will get something tonight too
Thanks! Still havent heard anything 🙁 but it looks like individuals got emails last night so I am thinking we will get something tonight too
me! haven't heard anything yet 😱
feeling like![]()
Accepted just now 🙂 interviewed in October, stats in mdapps
I have a missed call from Rochester, MN!! Just looked up the number and it's a mayo clinic number. This has to be good news right?!?!!!
I have a missed call from Rochester, MN!! Just looked up the number and it's a mayo clinic number. This has to be good news right?!?!!!
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's official - I'm in!! got the phone call from my interviewer!! This has been the best day ever!
Accepted yesterday evening via phone call! Very excited. Didn't receive an email her though.
Congrats to all the new acceptances!!! 🙂
Wait listed, but mayo is absolutely my top choice. Would the email in which I accept my spot on the waitlist be a good place to write my letter of intent too, or should I write my LOI email separately? Not sure what the LOI protocol is!
I would just write a very brief email to accept the alternate status to be prompt in your reply then send an LOI when you have that ready. But that is just my 2 cents, I have no idea what the right thing to do is! Anyone have a mayo alternate list survival guide?Wait listed, but mayo is absolutely my top choice. Would the email in which I accept my spot on the waitlist be a good place to write my letter of intent too, or should I write my LOI email separately? Not sure what the LOI protocol is!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K