-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MSTP II!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!MSTP II!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!MSTP II!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Congrats!!
😀 Thank you!! I was so surprised! My stats are relatively low for MSTP (LizzyM~70) and I don't have any publications (lol) but here's my timeline for anyone interested:
Secondary received: 7/6/15
Secondary submitted: 7/19/15
Marked complete: 7/21/15
MSTP interview date: 8/31 (holy crap so early) with MD interview on 9/1
Last edited:
😀 Thank you!! I was so surprised! My stats are...relatively low for MSTP (LizzyM~70) and I don't have any publications (lol) but here's my timeline for anyone interested:
Secondary received: 7/6/15
Secondary submitted: 7/19/15
Marked complete: 7/21/15
MSTP interview date: 8/31 (holy crap so early) with MD interview on 9/1
Congrats! 😀 First II of many I'm sure!
Congrats! 😀 First II of many I'm sure!
Just called the office...It's just standard credit hours.
Might have to tone down the obsessive attention to details from here out but I guess better safe than sorry.
Hey, could you explain what a standard credit hour is? My school labeled all courses as either 1.0 credit or 0.5 credit. Am I just supposed to enter 1s and 0.5s?
Just got my first II from here! Submitted 8/7 super excited!
Just got my first II from here! Submitted 8/7 super excited!
Oh wow that's a quick turnaround!
Congrats!
Just got my first II from here! Submitted 8/7 super excited!
II on the weekend? Interesting. Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my first II from here! Submitted 8/7 super excited!
Woww quick turnaround indeed~ congrats~
Thank you!! Yeah I was super surprised especially since I submitted late Friday night. I didn't think they worked on the weekends. Pitt does work I guess
Thank you!! Yeah I was super surprised especially since I submitted late Friday night. I didn't think they worked on the weekends. Pitt does work I guess
Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to say if you're not comfortable. I wonder if they are giving high-stat people automatic interviews.
Just curious, are you an in-state applicant or have any significant connection with Pittsburgh or UPitt?Thank you!! Yeah I was super surprised especially since I submitted late Friday night. I didn't think they worked on the weekends. Pitt does work I guess
Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to say if you're not comfortable. I wonder if they are giving high-stat people automatic interviews.
Just curious, are you an in-state applicant or have any significant connection with Pittsburgh or UPitt?
LizzyM ~79 ish. OOS, no connections to Pitt.
Wtf...my interview date was changed from 8/31 to 9/3 on my portal even though the date I confirmed was for 8/31. Pitt didn't notify me at all and I already booked my flight to leave Pittsburgh on 9/2........😱
What! Checking my portal now..Wtf...my interview date was changed from 8/31 to 9/3 on my portal even though the date I confirmed was for 8/31. Pitt didn't notify me at all and I already booked my flight to leave Pittsburgh on 9/2........😱
Mines the same..you should talk to them
Lol yep...aaannnnnddd my MSTP application status now says, "Supplemental Application Status: Awaiting Screen" again. It changed to "Invited to Interview" after I received the II on Friday lol. 
Luckily I can cancel my flight within 24 hours of booking it though so that's good...
Luckily I can cancel my flight within 24 hours of booking it though so that's good...
You got an email invitation right?Lol yep...aaannnnnddd my MSTP application status now says, "Supplemental Application Status: Awaiting Screen" again. It changed to "Invited to Interview" after I received the II on Friday lol.
Luckily I can cancel my flight within 24 hours of booking it though so that's good...
You got an email invitation right?
Yep! I think it's probably just a glitch in the system since I am still scheduled/confirmed for an interview. I sent them an email just now so hopefully they will have seen and replied to it by the time I wake up. If not, I shall call them and try my best not to sound awkward 😛
Congrats!!!! 😀
Thank you I'm so excited!Congrats!!!! 😀
I too am an MSTP applicant interviewing on 8/31-9/1. I called them and it is a glitch in the system. Interviews are those days rather than the later 9/3-9/4. Let me know if you get any information regarding accommodations/student housing. I didn't really get a clear answer and they said I would get an email but I haven't. Congrats and see you then!Yep! I think it's probably just a glitch in the system since I am still scheduled/confirmed for an interview. I sent them an email just now so hopefully they will have seen and replied to it by the time I wake up. If not, I shall call them and try my best not to sound awkward 😛
Thank you I'm so excited!
Congrats! 🙂 🙂
Admissions emailed me back about the weird change in my interview date haha...they said they really are having a glitch in the system and are working with IT right now to get it fixed but that the interview is still on 8/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too am an MSTP applicant interviewing on 8/31-9/1. I called them and it is a glitch in the system. Interviews are those days rather than the later 9/3-9/4. Let me know if you get any information regarding accommodations/student housing. I didn't really get a clear answer and they said I would get an email but I haven't. Congrats and see you then!
Ohh yay!! Congratulations to you~ looks like we may meet unwittingly on interview day. The link to the student hosts on the portal wasn't working but I'm assuming they will send out an email with more information about interview day soon! I reached out to a couple of my friends about where are some good places to stay and food options too so I can let you know when they get back to me ^_^
That would be great!! I know very little about Pittsburgh or the area around the university so any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to it!Ohh yay!! Congratulations to you~ looks like we may meet unwittingly on interview day. The link to the student hosts on the portal wasn't working but I'm assuming they will send out an email with more information about interview day soon! I reached out to a couple of my friends about where are some good places to stay and food options too so I can let you know when they get back to me ^_^
II!!! OOS, complete 7/28.
II today, also! OOS, complete 7/11.
Moral of the story: Do NOT feel like you are out of the running if you haven't heard anything yet--the application cycle is still VERY young!
Moral of the story: Do NOT feel like you are out of the running if you haven't heard anything yet--the application cycle is still VERY young!
II here too! Complete 7/22
Deleted
Reading older posts on the thread is apparently a good way to find answers 😛
Reading older posts on the thread is apparently a good way to find answers 😛
Last edited:
Just found out that I entered a grade wrong on the supplemental application.
Should I ask them to change it?
I'd send them an email? The admissions people at Wake got in touch with me because I mis-marked that I was a previously matriculated med student (I wish), and it was super quick and a non-issue. You'd just want to avoid any sort of dishonesty suspicions, especially if you accidentally entered a higher grade than what your AMCAS transcript says.
On another note, II here last Wednesday! I was over the moon; it was my very first one! Complete 7/15, LizzyM 71. I was totally surprised, as my GPA is on the lower end of things, but I have a great MCAT and research experience which probably contributed. This school made me so happy when I saw I could check the "who would you want to talk to" box on the secondary and I can't wait to meet up with someone I can nerd out with over my research.
Anyone else interviewing the weekend of Oct. 9th (too lazy to look up the actual date)?
When did we get to choose who we wanted to talk to? I got an II but don't remember filling that outI'd send them an email? The admissions people at Wake got in touch with me because I mis-marked that I was a previously matriculated med student (I wish), and it was super quick and a non-issue. You'd just want to avoid any sort of dishonesty suspicions, especially if you accidentally entered a higher grade than what your AMCAS transcript says.
On another note, II here last Wednesday! I was over the moon; it was my very first one! Complete 7/15, LizzyM 71. I was totally surprised, as my GPA is on the lower end of things, but I have a great MCAT and research experience which probably contributed. This school made me so happy when I saw I could check the "who would you want to talk to" box on the secondary and I can't wait to meet up with someone I can nerd out with over my research.
Anyone else interviewing the weekend of Oct. 9th (too lazy to look up the actual date)?
When did we get to choose who we wanted to talk to? I got an II but don't remember filling that out
On the secondary you could pick the types of physicians/researchers you would like to interview with.
It was the "fields of interest" section.When did we get to choose who we wanted to talk to? I got an II but don't remember filling that out
Did yall get a confirmation email that your app is complete? I submitted everything a month ago and it confirms that its been received along with my letters of rec and payment, but it still says "Invited to complete supplemental application" on the application status tab
Never got a complete e-mail.Did yall get a confirmation email that your app is complete? I submitted everything a month ago and it confirms that its been received along with my letters of rec and payment, but it still says "Invited to complete supplemental application" on the application status tab
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did yall get a confirmation email that your app is complete? I submitted everything a month ago and it confirms that its been received along with my letters of rec and payment, but it still says "Invited to complete supplemental application" on the application status tab
Mine says the same thing. I think it just means that's as far as we are in the process for them. We have been invited to complete the supplemental app (and may or may not have completed it), but we have not received an interview or rejection yet.
I did not receive a complete email either.
I received an interview and mine still says "application complete and under review" so I wouldn't worry about the status too much
submitted secondary
Pittsburgh Resident hoping for love!
Pittsburgh Resident hoping for love!
+1
Wondering the same thing. Do they send secondaries out right away?
Just wondering on if it was worth adding Pitt this late? I noticed they fly out the gate with II's early!
Just for reference LizzyM 76, could have secondary submitted as soon as it's received.
Wondering the same thing. Do they send secondaries out right away?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K