2015-2016 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected via portal. Bummed...
Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted...

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
It says approximately 25% of students on wait list are accepted on the portal.

Thanks, just checked for myself, I think the 25% means something diff though?
"Based on recent experience, we estimate that approximately 25% of our incoming class will be accepted in this way." 25% of incoming class, not wait list

Anybody know how many people are on the wait list?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Received the email at 11:55 EST

WL +pity+ I officially declare myself the king of wait lists

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted here, but just got into another top-5, so I will withdraw. Hopefully that will help lower the competition for those still on the WL; best of luck!

Waitlisted but staying hopeful, y'all ain't getting rid of me that easily!

Anyone know what the deadline is for submitting the deposit/accepting the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the deadline is for submitting the deposit/accepting the offer?

On that note, I'm assuming the deposit is to hold a spot in the incoming class, and is not binding?

Rejected pre-II :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
Wait list email. Weirdly fine with it, wasn't super invested in the school (it probably showed in my interview!)

Accepted! Bit sad my accept was here and not Penn, but I'll just count my blessings.

Looking back 4 years later, you might feel differently about that :D

Haha, chances are still high that I'll be in St.Louis and not New Haven, unless Yale wants to summon up 230k for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, is there a fb group we'll get added to soon?

I was waitlisted for the MD-PhD program. Does anyone have any idea how long that waitlist is or how many students are typically admitted off of it?

Holy balls! Accepted! Thought I had no chance.

Haha, chances are still high that I'll be in St.Louis and not New Haven, unless Yale wants to summon up 230k for me.
Too bad St Louis doesn't have a football team anymore though ;)

This process is so funny.
Out of all the "top 10"/elite schools that I applied to, I thought Yale would have been the best fit of all beings that I am a non-traditional student with lots of basic science experience and a meaningful interest in the Yale System.
But here I am getting accepted to places I never dreamed I would interview, getting rejected at plenty, and on the WL at Yale. I ain't mad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey current students! Does anyone know how willing Yale is to match aid/scholarship packages from other schools?

Does anybody know how to access the fin aid application online?

Holy balls! Accepted! Thought I had no chance.
!!!!!!!!
Dunno why more people are not making a bigger deal of your acceptance. I'm sorry you don't know me, but I was so excited for your acceptance I had to come out of lurkerdom to say this lol :p. I've sorta kinda (maybe creepily) been following your progress since your first day out of lurkerdom yourself! Duke can go suck it with their (double) debacle! You win!!! Congratulations man!!! Way to gooooo!!!!!

!!!!!!!!
Dunno why more people are not making a bigger deal of your acceptance. I'm sorry you don't know me, but I was so excited for your acceptance I had to come out of lurkerdom to say this lol :p. I've sorta kinda (maybe creepily) been following your progress since your first day out of lurkerdom yourself! Duke can go suck it with their (double) debacle! You win!!! Congratulations man!!! Way to gooooo!!!!!

Thanks a lot, brother. It's been a long 2 years trying to get into medical school, and I finally feel like I can take a breath! I truly appreciate the support, however silent it was. It's actually really refreshing to know that people I don't know and haven't even met can be rooting for me, especially in a process like this one that requires a lot of support.

Also, I'm impressed that you were able to follow my posts. I thought I had put my privacy settings on max (because of paranoid reasons ahah).

Reactions: 5 users
WL'ed yesterday. Don't they send a later email about what tier you are? Anyone know when that happens? I would love to know if I have a chance...

Thanks a lot, brother. It's been a long 2 years trying to get into medical school, and I finally feel like I can take a breath! I truly appreciate the support, however silent it was. It's actually really refreshing to know that people I don't know and haven't even met can be rooting for me, especially in a process like this one that requires a lot of support.

Also, I'm impressed that you were able to follow my posts. I thought I had put my privacy settings on max (because of paranoid reasons ahah).
i havent followed you, but i know how much help following the progress of others has been to me this cycle. people on SDN like you should be celebrated, quiet, humble, honest hard-working. so thanks for helping others man and congratz, ill see you in new haven bro.

Last edited:
WL'ed yesterday. Don't they send a later email about what tier you are? Anyone know when that happens? I would love to know if I have a chance...
I believe Dean Silverman emails you to let you know what tier you are/to ask if you wanna stay on the WL. I don't know when that email gets sent out, but I think you can get a good idea from previous years' threads.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know roughly what percentage of the interviewees are waitlisted, rejected, and accepted?

Does anyone happen to know roughly what percentage of the interviewees are waitlisted, rejected, and accepted?
According to MSAR they waitlist 75-85 people

According to MSAR they waitlist 75-85 people

That seems really low. I thought they would waitlist the majority of the non-accepted people who interviewed.

Do you (or anyone) know if that number reported on the MSAR is the number originally offered a spot on the WL on decision date or is it the number of people left on the WL on April 30 (or May 2 this year)?