2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SILENCE!!!! COMPLETE AUG 31

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
+1. Hoping it's not a silent rejection...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At Howard's open house they said they get about 5500 completed secondaries and send out about 300 interviews. Met an M1 who was interviewed in April and is now a first year at Howard. There is still hope for us :) Just gotta be patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
At Howard's open house they said they get about 5500 completed secondaries and send out about 300 interviews. Met an M1 who was interviewed in April and is now a first year at Howard. There is still hope for us :) Just gotta be patient.

I wonder how many interviews they have sent so far!!!! :(

Reactions: 1 users
only 300 ?! wow thats not a lot lol

Just got an II, complete in September

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
Went to talk to admissions. Interviews until April most likely

That's so late! I was complete Aug 31, still silence! do you know when rejections are sent?
I asked about rejections he just kinda was like ehhh don't worry about that till later. And from what I saw from the previous year's thread maybe they never send them at all idk for sure though

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I asked about rejections he just kinda was like ehhh don't worry about that till later. And from what I saw from the previous year's thread maybe they never send them at all idk for sure though
I know at their open house they said they don't send rejections till March, but I'm not sure if that includes pre-interview rejections :/

Just got the YOUR SECONDARY HAS BEEN RECEIVED/SCREENED email after having submitted my secondary since the 12th of October :unsure: How long after this email did the people with II get one?

From what I've seen it's about 4-7 weeks

On last year's thread there was a person who was in the same position as you and he got his II in Jamuary. Just be patient :)

Just got an "Out of Committee" email. Looks like a decision has been made. The process is moving forward for those who have interviewed!

Just got an "Out of Committee" email. Looks like a decision has been made. The process is moving forward for those who have interviewed!
Just got that email, too! Almost stresses me out more!

Does anyone know if Howard sends out II on a particular day of the week? I would like to try to stop checking my email 24/7 hoping for one lol

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on going to their open house December 2nd ?

Does anyone know the acceptance rates (or likelihood) of an applicant who received an interview?

Does anyone know the acceptance rates (or likelihood) of an applicant who received an interview?

According to MSAR, 300 interviews were offered and 117 matriculated in 2015 so probably slightly upwards of 40%.

I read somewhere about 240 are accepted and the 60 are split between waitlists and rejection.

I read somewhere about 240 are accepted and the 60 are split between waitlists and rejection.

The MSAR says there are typically 30 waitlisted and 15 of those are later granted acceptances. They don't mention the number rejected,

Just to clarify one thing msar does not show the amount of acceptance offers sent out by a school. so even though 117 matriculated you need to factor in how many offers the school might have sent and how many people declined however this stat is only available to the school committee.

Yes I read what the MSAR said, but I'm just stating something i've seen in past threads. It doesn't seem so far fetched that they would accept 240 though, especially since schools accepts 1.5-3x the size of the class. After going to the open house, the guy giving the presentation said that if you receive an interview, the hard part is over, which indicates to me that they give out many acceptances post interview.

Just some logical guesses.

Hi Everyone,

Does Howard accept letter of interest from applicants who have not gotten interview invite? If so, should the letter be emailed?

Thanks!

Does Howard school of medicine accept updates? If so how to I send them ?

So my application portal isn't working, it keeps saying server can't be found. Anyone else having this problem or am I right to feel panicky? :shrug:

Has anyone who has gotten an "out of committee" email received their final decision yet?

Good luck to you all. I'm an MS-1, and I must say I am so glad that I chose this school. Super close-knit community, and tons of help from classmates. Keep your eyes on the end goal, and don't lose faith in yourself!

Reactions: 8 users
Good luck to you all. I'm an MS-1, and I must say I am so glad that I chose this school. Super close-knit community, and tons of help from classmates. Keep your eyes on the end goal, and don't lose faith in yourself!
Thank you for this!
*anxiously waits for school decision*

Found some typos (missing a few words!:bang:) on my secondary... does this mean this is the end for me?

Guys have any interviews gone out recently? Pretty quiet around here...

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't heard or received anything regarding interviews, either! Received my "Secondary Has been Reviewed/Screened" notification on November 9th. The suspense is killing me haha. Would love to go to this school, though!

I applied here relatively late (secondary completed 11/10). What do you all think about my chances of receiving an interview?