2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know what the average GPA and MCAT of last year's incoming class was? And the minimal range?

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know what the average GPA and MCAT of last year's incoming class was? And the minimal range?
Average mcat was a 26 so around 502 I believe for the new? Average science GPA was a 3.4 and average overall was 3.5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

For those who received an out of committee email, has there been any follow up response with a final decision? Has anyone been accepted yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has interviewed/has scheduled an interview been asked to return a signed copy of their "technical standards"?

Any IIs here recently? Also, have they sent out any pre-II rejections? It's been a blood bath at a whole bunch of schools this week but awfully quiet here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know which staff members are part of the admissions committee for Howard? I know for some medical schools that information is public.

Has anyone who has interviewed/has scheduled an interview been asked to return a signed copy of their "technical standards"?
I signed my copy prior to my interview and emailed it to the admissions committee.

I received an email saying that my application has been screened/reviewed. What does that mean? I submitted a while ago. Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email saying that my application has been screened/reviewed. What does that mean? I submitted a while ago. Thanks

If I had guess, it probably means that your application was sorted into a possible interview / no interview group.

Members don't see this ad :)

From last year's thread, it looks like the next batch of IIs will go out early January, with another batch in early February, continuing until April. It's time to enjoy the holidays, push notifications for your e-mail, enjoy family and friends, and try not to obsess.

Reactions: 5 users
From last year's thread, it looks like the next batch of IIs will go out early January, with another batch in early February, continuing until April. It's time to enjoy the holidays, push notifications for your e-mail, enjoy family and friends, and try not to obsess.

Believe me I'm not obsessing, lol. I just didn't understand the email. I applied to so many schools I kind of forgot Howard and didn't know their process. Thanks though.

Has someone been interview with a mcat lower than 500?

For those who received an out of committee email, has there been any follow up response with a final decision? Has anyone been accepted yet?

Yes! Just happened! Aaaah blessings

I just was informed that I was placed on the alternate list. :( Still have hope!

Interviewed oct 26 and accepted

Reactions: 6 users
Got the "Interim status" email so at least I know my application hasn't been tossed lol. Had a minor heart attack though when I first saw the sender -_-

I got the "Interim" email as well. Is that a on hold status?

Didn't receive the email should I be worried?

Can someone post the email? obvi don't include your name or other identifying info. I'm just curious exactly what it says.

Damn I have gotten NOTHING from this place.
Dead silent.
uhmmm
::tries not to obsess, fails:::

Tbh I can't tell. The verbiage made it look like our apps have been reviewed so it could be an on hold status. But I'm not sure if Howard officially does that/how they handle people on hold.

Pre

Dear Applicant:

HOWARD UNVERSITY WILL BE CLOSED FROM SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17 TO JANUARY 2, 2017. WE WISH YOU A HAPPY, SAFE, AND BLESSED HOLIDAY SEASON!

In a previous email, we notified you that we had received and reviewed your AMCAS application and your Howard secondary application. This "INTERIM" email will provide information about your CURRENT application status. Please do not call or email back in response; this email is going to thousands of applicants.

This year, we have already received over 8800 AMCAS applications and close to 5,000 secondary applications.

We expect to continue interviewing through the end of April. Unfortunately, we are not able to interview every worthy candidate. If we are not able to invite you for an interview, you will receive no further email correspondence from the Admissions Office regarding your status until a FINAL DECISION EMAIL sent between March through June 2017.

The last invitations to interview will be emailed mid-April. If the Admissions Committee decides to invite you for an interview, we will inform you of available dates about three-four weeks in advance.

We are not able to respond to requests for an interview.

If you will be attending another school and no longer have an interest in attending Howard, please send an email withdrawing your application to:

[email protected]
SUBJECT: WITHDRAWING MY APPLICATION

Please include your full name and AMCAS identification number. We will confirm your withdrawal via email.

Again, we thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Judith M. Walk, Director of Admissions

This is what it said and honestly, I have no idea what it even means. All I understand is that if we don't get an II don't expect to hear anything until April. I don't think it's a good or bad thing, they just don't want us to feel ignored.

I received an acceptance from one of my top choices so I just withdrew my application. I wish all of y'all the best of luck in this cycle!

I hope Howard show me some holiday love

Would it be dumb to attend open house twice? I just want them to put a face to my name, and let them know that I'm still very interested.

Is it a bad thing if you don't receive an Interim e-mail? I didn't receive anything, so I'll pretty much be panicking throughout the holidays haha...

Reactions: 3 users
Would it be dumb to attend open house twice? I just want them to put a face to my name, and let them know that I'm still very interested.

What if they don't like your face?

II!! Just now. Why they send it days before Xmas tho?

Reactions: 11 users
II!! Just now. Why they send it days before Xmas tho?

Congrats.......for people that got the interim email Which I am still yet to get I thought the office closes from the 17th- January 2nd?

Last edited: