2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! Just now. Why they send it days before Xmas tho?
Congrats!!!
can you share what dates were available?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a bad thing if we don't get the interim e-mail? I'm concerned that translates into an unofficial rejection...

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a bad thing if we don't get the interim e-mail? I'm concerned that translates into an unofficial rejection...

They interview into April I believe, so there's still the possibility of II by maybe around March. Don't lose hope just yet, the interim email may still be coming!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

secondary submitted on 12.21.16. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure but from what I read from it, the email didn't seem positive or negative. From what I've seen in the past threads, people don't like to feel ignored and basically this is a note to say "Don't expect anything from us in the next few weeks. Also, don't call, we're working on getting through these applications". Just my opinion but I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

Officially withdrew just now. Yesterday the days available were January 10 and 11...Today is January 11 and 24th. Goodluck to the rest of you guys and I hope my seat goes to one of you.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not sure but from what I read from it, the email didn't seem positive or negative. From what I've seen in the past threads, people don't like to feel ignored and basically this is a note to say "Don't expect anything from us in the next few weeks. Also, don't call, we're working on getting through these applications". Just my opinion but I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

I think I would agree with you, but then shouldn't it go to everyone? Seems strange that only certain people would receive it.

Ugh this interim email is giving me heart palpitations! I thought it was a decision email

Reactions: 2 users
I received the first interim email on 12/15, and today I got another two identical interim emails... What is going on over at Howard? They are supposed to be closed Has anyone else received duplicate emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the first interim email on 12/15, and today I got another two identical interim emails... What is going on over at Howard? They are supposed to be closed Has anyone else received duplicate emails?

I received duplicate emails as well

+1

Received my first and second interim emails this morning. At least I know my file isn't lost lol

I got two today back to back

Interim Email = unofficial rejection? or Interim Email = Hey we are currently reviewing you right now but put you on hold till Jan. 2?

Interim Email = unofficial rejection? or Interim Email = Hey we are currently reviewing you right now but put you on hold till Jan. 2?

Interim email = we received a secondary application from you and we want to keep you updated

I received two interim emails.....After I cancelled my interview...

I think we've had enough paranoia about this interim email to go around and we should move on to enjoy the holidays and spend time with our loved ones. Unless we get an email that includes a sentence like "our committee has carefully reviewed your qualifications and while you're a promising candidate...," we're still in the game. This isn't that email and, frankly, I don't think it helps to blindly read into what this could or couldn't mean. Let's take a collective deep breath and a chill pill.

Withdrew app here. Best of luck to everybody :)

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have received the acceptance email, have you also received the physical letter packet yet? I got my email on the 14th but still no mail

For those who have received the acceptance email, have you also received the physical letter packet yet? I got my email on the 14th but still no mail
HEY! I got my acceptance on the same date (14th) and I haven't received my letter packet yet either. I'm literally going crazy waiting for it. I thought it was just me as well. So, they must be behind because of the holidays smh.

HEY GUYS!

I just wanted to wish you all a happy holidays. I am a current M1 and I just wanted to let you all know that everyone of my classmates have been in your shoes. Don't make the mistake I made and stress out the entire holiday season. Enjoy your family and friends and everything will work out like its supposed to! :)

Reactions: 8 users
I think we've had enough paranoia about this interim email to go around and we should move on to enjoy the holidays and spend time with our loved ones. Unless we get an email that includes a sentence like "our committee has carefully reviewed your qualifications and while you're a promising candidate...," we're still in the game. This isn't that email and, frankly, I don't think it helps to blindly read into what this could or couldn't mean. Let's take a collective deep breath and a chill pill.

Well Said!

Hey guys. I applied late August and haven't received anything but interim e-mails. Is this a silent rejection?

Hello, I applied in December. Is this too late? Also I am still waiting on 1 of my LORs. Would that need to be received before my application can be reviewed ?

Hello, I applied in December. Is this too late? Also I am still waiting on 1 of my LORs. Would that need to be received before my application can be reviewed ?
yes,indeed! until all ur docs dont arrive, they dont review the app!

Do people tend to live Off- or On-Campus?

HEY! I got my acceptance on the same date (14th) and I haven't received my letter packet yet either. I'm literally going crazy waiting for it. I thought it was just me as well. So, they must be behind because of the holidays smh.

Same here. I also noticed that it says "Please email Judith Walk at [email protected] to confirm that you have received the Acceptance correspondence" in the acceptance email. Does that mean we email her confirming that we received the acceptance email or the letter packet?

For those accepted, could you please describe when you interviewed and you stats? I sincerely appreciate your help in advance.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. I also noticed that it says "Please email Judith Walk at [email protected] to confirm that you have received the Acceptance correspondence" in the acceptance email. Does that mean we email her confirming that we received the acceptance email or the letter packet?
I think it refers to your receiving the email. I haven't received the physical letter either. Do yo FAFSA!