You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Oregon Health & Sciences University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was complete August 18th!When was your secondary marked complete?
It was complete August 18th!
Have you called them? Mine was complete 9/30 and I interviewed on 2/10, I'm also IS. I feel like you should have heard something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them last week but still haven't heard back. I just sent them an email.Have you called them? Mine was complete 9/30 and I interviewed on 2/10, I'm also IS. I feel like you should have heard something.
Received an II yesterday. April 5th was their last date
I agree, I am very surprised you haven't heard anything. I was complete early September with a 3.75 and a 516 (so, similar stats), Oregon resident, got my II mid September, interviewed end of October, and was accepted mid February. That sounds very frustrating. Make sure no emails ended up in you junk folder? Wishing you luck.I called them last week but still haven't heard back. I just sent them an email.
Hey guys, quick question. For OOS students, how much preference do they give to people who grew up in the region (PNW)? I am an Idaho resident so I was just curious whether I have a good shot of getting in (I am median for accepted students in GPA and MCAT). Thanks!
Anybody know how many people usually get off the hold list/why OHSU takes so many reapplicants?
When I looked through last years thread, it looked like a bunch of people received a waitlist number via the portal around April 25th or something like that. It then looks like about the top 50 waitlistees got accepted. I didn't see many people saying they were accepted outright around April 25 nor many saying they were rejected, just a whole bunch of waitlist numbers.
I'm on hold right now and it says we will be accepted, wait listed, or rejected. I'm really hoping for an accept or a top 50 waitlist number.
does anyone know if OHSU is doing a second look this year, and if so, which date? i can't seem to find it in any of my info from the interview date, and i haven't gotten further stuff via mail yet. thanks in advance!
Second look info on this page: http://www.ohsu.edu/som/welcome/life.php
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When I looked through last years thread, it looked like a bunch of people received a waitlist number via the portal around April 25th or something like that. It then looks like about the top 50 waitlistees got accepted. I didn't see many people saying they were accepted outright around April 25 nor many saying they were rejected, just a whole bunch of waitlist numbers.
I'm on hold right now and it says we will be accepted, wait listed, or rejected. I'm really hoping for an accept or a top 50 waitlist number.
same
What does it look like when they update the portal? I interviewed 12/14 and am going crazy waiting. Is it pretty obvious if you're put on hold?
Right on the front page you get a purple box and "Decision: HOLD" - you'd know it if you were
Thanks! Impatience is starting to get the best of me.Right on the front page you get a purple box and "Decision: HOLD" - you'd know it if you were
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat. I bet we had the same interviewer. Not knowing is slowly killing me.What does it look like when they update the portal? I interviewed 12/14 and am going crazy waiting. Is it pretty obvious if you're put on hold?
I interviewed 12/16 the wait is realI'm in the same boat. I bet we had the same interviewer. Not knowing is slowly killing me.
Just checked the portal and i was reject pre II on 2/28. Wish i got an email.
I called them last week but still haven't heard back. I just sent them an email.
Have you heard anything?
Wondering the same thing, complete since 10/3/16 w/Oregon heritage and haven't heard anything.I called them last week but still haven't heard back. I just sent them an email.
Wondering the same thing, complete since 10/3/16 w/Oregon heritage and haven't heard anything.
So weird, what are your stats? Have you called?
I have the exact same stats as gmm966: 3.8 gpa, 513 MCAT. Called recently, but haven't heard back either. I know they're generally pretty slow, but this just seems way out of the ordinary.So weird, what are your stats? Have you called?
I don't know if this helps at all, but we were told the last interview date will be the 5th of April.It is definitely super weird!! I called them and they just told me to be patient.
From what I understand, when I interviewed they told us we would get a score and that would put us in a ranking. I definitely think a decision has been made in regards to this "score" but since they are still interviewing people they aren't sure if these new interviewees might have a better score. After all the interviews are complete then they can tell us if we got accepted or not (or waitlist). I think this is why no further update will help.Is it just me, or does the "further information would not change the committee's decision" make people feel like they have a decision but they're just not telling us? 🙁(Testing our ability to be patient doctors?)
That totally makes sense. Thanks so much!From what I understand, when I interviewed they told us we would get a score and that would put us in a ranking. I definitely think a decision has been made in regards to this "score" but since they are still interviewing people they aren't sure if these new interviewees might have a better score. After all the interviews are complete then they can tell us if we got accepted or not (or waitlist). I think this is why no further update will help.
6
632460
When is the first day of orientation?
August 7thWhen is the first day of orientation?
6
632460
Fantastic. And was this sent out in an email to accepted students, or is it available on ohsu.edu?August 7th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been accepted after being placed on post-interview hold?
Not on this board, no.
has anyone heard anything about merit scholarships (especially the ones eligible for OOS students)? haven't seen any posts on this board. my understanding is we did not have to apply for them, and will be considered automatically, but i don't know when we would hear. i e-mailed a week ago with no response - wondering if anyone here has any wisdom?
Interviewed 12/14 and FINALLY heard back. Unfortunately it was not the news I'd hoped for. I'm sad I won't be attending OHSU, and devastated I will have to leave Portland, but am happy for everyone who made the cut. I look forward to working alongside y'all in the future.
Interviewed 12/14 and FINALLY heard back. Unfortunately it was not the news I'd hoped for. I'm sad I won't be attending OHSU, and devastated I will have to leave Portland, but am happy for everyone who made the cut. I look forward to working alongside y'all in the future.
I'm sorry to hear that! I assume you are IS? What are your stats?
ACCEPTED!! Yay!!!! So so so excited! Interviewed 1/25, lm 69, IS.
Couldn't even read the full portal update before starting to ugly cry.
Couldn't even read the full portal update before starting to ugly cry.

It was in my acceptance letter in the mail. I don't think it's listed yet online.Fantastic. And was this sent out in an email to accepted students, or is it available on ohsu.edu?
Hold pool via portal 3/20.
Interviewed 12/14.
I got an interview for the very last available date! Really hoping to get in here; I was born in Oregon and would love to revisit the homeland.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Put on hold via portal 3/20, interviewed 2/10. Yay more waiting!
ACCEPTED!! Yay!!!! So so so excited! Interviewed 1/25, lm 69, IS.
Couldn't even read the full portal update before starting to ugly cry.![]()
Congrats! How do you feel your MMI went?
Thank you! Hope you get off of hold!!Congrats! How do you feel your MMI went?
MMI - 7/10
One-on-one - 9/10
Congrats!! stats if you don't mind sharing?Accepted!!! Found out yesterday via portal. Interviewed Jan 18th.
I feel so thankful to get into my dream school. It's been a long journey to get here. I can't wait to start this August!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put on hold via portal 3/20, interviewed 2/10. Yay more waiting!
Haha same, only 39 days left! But who's counting? lolol
Bro I interviewed 10/21, put on hold 12/27. The wait has been ****ing real for me lolPut on hold via portal 3/20, interviewed 2/10. Yay more waiting!
Put on hold via portal 3/20, interviewed 2/10. Yay more waiting!
Bro I interviewed 10/21, put on hold 12/27. The wait has been ****ing real for me lol
the wait is too real. int. 9/23, hold 11/18.
Bro I interviewed 10/21, put on hold 12/27. The wait has been ****ing real for me lol
the wait is too real. int. 9/23, hold 11/18.
Big props for staying sane guys! Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 223K
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 172K