This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is not based on that I know for sure due to people I know who applied after me that were rejected before me. I applied on August 5th though.
Well that ruins my theory. I don't know why I even try to understand the method to their madness. I applied September 11th so that's why I was wondering. I'll just keep impatiently waiting like the rest of us. :corny:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well that ruins my theory. I don't know why I even try to understand the method to their madness. I applied September 11th so that's why I was wondering. I'll just keep impatiently waiting like the rest of us. :corny:
Its killing me

Members don't see this ad :)
@Mayadison @RiceOwl02 have either of you called and asked if the Feb 3rd interview was full? I assume it is not full since their deadline isn't until Jan... I bet they won't send out invites to the Feb 3rd until their deadline closes.

@Mayadison @RiceOwl02 have either of you called and asked if the Feb 3rd interview was full? I assume it is not full since their deadline isn't until Jan... I bet they won't send out invites to the Feb 3rd until their deadline closes.
No I haven't, but they aren't super helpful when you ask them questions. All they say is "your application can remain under review until January." I'm just not sure if they'll actually let us know. I'm assuming like you are that they haven't sent out all the invitations or else I feel like everyone would've gotten a rejection or interview offer already if all of their interviews were full.

I know someone who was rejected by UNT a few days ago, but I've heard zero from them. My application was verified on 9/4.

Anyone want to take one for the team and call to ask about how many interviews UNT has left for this cycle? Lol

l'll try to call after work tomorrow and ask lol I got y'all. However, from what one of the UNT directors that had came to my school had said, they basically like to keep a pool of possible interview applicants on stand by. She said that sometimes they might not find what they want in the interview waves that they have so they like to go back to that pool and pick out people to interview. So my guess is even after the February interviews, there is a SLIM chance they could still interview. It seems like they might because now that we're furthering into the application cycle people are shuffling around and declining. So it's possible? Unless they have an alternate list then probably not.

Last edited:
Just got a rejection email from UNT. Sort of deflating. That was my "safe" school, and I honestly thought I was going to at least get an interview. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else who applied there, hope you receive better news.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone have any idea about when UTHSCSA will start sending out regular acceptances? Maybe someone who went to that early Dec interview? I was at the early interview but didn't get accepted, so I'm unsure when they'll start sending out their second wave of acceptances!

I also received my rejection from UNT this morning, so it looks like I'll be attending Tech at Odessa! Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back from other schools :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all recived the rejections through email?

I also received my rejection from UNT this morning, so it looks like I'll be attending Tech at Odessa! Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back from other schools :)
Sorry about your rejection at UNT, but congrats on Tech!

So I actually called UNT last week and they told me they have one more interview in February and "should be sending out invites the within the next couple of weeks".

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to you all who got rejection letters. It's their loss. As for me, I haven't heard from any of the five schools I applied to. The wait is killing me!

So I actually called UNT last week and they told me they have one more interview in February and "should be sending out invites the within the next couple of weeks".
Only 1? Well I guess a lot of people from that interview will have to get accepted because there's still 23 open seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Only 1? Well I guess a lot of people from that interview will have to get accepted because there's still 23 open seats.
That's what I was thinking too, but that's all they told me and it took awhile to even get that out of them

If y'all want, I'll still call them but ask them something different. Something that y'all would really like to know. Any suggestions? Since we already found that out, I think it'd be better if i asked something different right?

If y'all want, I'll still call them but ask them something different. Something that y'all would really like to know. Any suggestions? Since we already found that out, I think it'd be better if i asked something different right?
Maybe if there's a deadline for all notifications whether it's a rejection or acceptance? I just don't want to be sitting around until February without any word from them.

Idk, it doesn't make sense that they would accept 23 people from the last interview. They filled up half the class from 2 previous interviews. That would mean that your chances of getting accepted to UNT would be super high if you were to get invited into the last round , which is good, but still. Idk if they would extend an acceptance to an applicant that clearly didn't "fit" just to fill a seat in. You know what I mean?

Idk, it doesn't make sense that they would accept 23 people from the last interview. They filled up half the class from 2 previous interviews. That would mean that your chances of getting accepted to UNT would be super high if you were to get invited into the last round , which is good, but still. Idk if they would extend an acceptance to an applicant that clearly didn't "fit" just to fill a seat in. You know what I mean?
I think they're just making things up to make us feel like we know what's going on at this point lol

Reactions: 2 users
hi I wanted to get more opinions on this!! Does anyone how many people UTSW interviews? I have an interview with them January 9th, and I'm curious about my chances of getting in lol

Sorry to you all who got rejection letters. It's their loss. As for me, I haven't heard from any of the five schools I applied to. The wait is killing me!
Well it seems like no news is good news at this point! Good luck :)

hi I wanted to get more opinions on this!! Does anyone how many people UTSW interviews? I have an interview with them January 9th, and I'm curious about my chances of getting in lol

From my understanding it's roughly about 80-100 people.

Maybe if there's a deadline for all notifications whether it's a rejection or acceptance? I just don't want to be sitting around until February without any word from them.

I'll ask, but I feel like they're going to say something dumb like "We'll send rejections once all of our seats are filled" you know like something obvious lmao

I'll ask, but I feel like they're going to say something dumb like "We'll send rejections once all of our seats are filled" you know like something obvious lmao
Hahaha probably

So I called and she said that they were currently reviewing applications and that we should hear back hopefully before the holidays so people can get flights ready and what not. They won't be looking at applications during the holidays. She said that the amount of people that will be invited for the interview day should be around the same amount of people they've been having for the previous interview days. She also said they will send out rejections after the final round of interviews. Oh, and they do have a wait list!

So I called and she said that they were currently reviewing applications and that we should hear back hopefully before the holidays so people can get flights ready and what not. They won't be looking at applications during the holidays. She said that the amount of people that will be invited for the interview day should be around the same amount of people they've been having for the previous interview days. She also said they will send out rejections after the final round of interviews. Oh, and they do have a wait list!
Ok great so we all still have a shot. Let's just keep hoping for the best!

So when y'all go on the myUNT website to check your application what does it say? Mine just says it's complete and has been received. Is that what everyones looks like, or is there somewhere to look for more details?

So when y'all go on the myUNT website to check your application what does it say? Mine just says it's complete and has been received. Is that what everyones looks like, or is there somewhere to look for more details?
That's what mine says.

Does anyone have any idea about when UTHSCSA will start sending out regular acceptances? Maybe someone who went to that early Dec interview? I was at the early interview but didn't get accepted, so I'm unsure when they'll start sending out their second wave of acceptances!
I went to the December interview. They said 2 weeks, hopefully slightly sooner than that.

Welp...got the UNT rejection as well. Sucks +pissed+

@HopefulDPT012 I know UTMB sent some acceptances because I heard back 4 days after my interview and so did another girl that I met at several interviews. I also believe they sent some rejections. But I think the most part gets waitlisted and finds out after, because during the interview they said we wouldn't find out until New Years. So it's coming up !!! The waiting is almost over :) best of luck to you, and welcome to SDN

For UNT, something that I think can help y'all is looking at the 2015-2016 Texas Applicants thread on here to get a sense of when people got answers ... it's really hard to figure out what system exactly they use because you would think people who applied in August or September would at least have heard one word from them.

sorry for the rejection @ACVthaPT :( do you have other options ?

@HopefulDPT012 I know UTMB sent some acceptances because I heard back 4 days after my interview and so did another girl that I met at several interviews. I also believe they sent some rejections. But I think the most part gets waitlisted and finds out after, because during the interview they said we wouldn't find out until New Years. So it's coming up !!! The waiting is almost over :) best of luck to you, and welcome to SDN
Thank you!! Praying for the best, because I don't want to go anywhere else, absolutely loved my time at the campus!! Did you get in? And if so, do you plan on going?

Does anybody knows if there is going to be more interviews for UTHSCSA? Some friends of mine already got rejection emails, however I have not gotten any email. I dont know if I should take it as good or bad news :(

Does anybody knows if there is going to be more interviews for UTHSCSA? Some friends of mine already got rejection emails, however I have not gotten any email. I dont know if I should take it as good or bad news :(
I am in the same boat as you! I think they are going to have more interviews.. so no news is good news!

I am in the same boat as you! I think they are going to have more interviews.. so no news is good news!
I hope so, I called and a lady told me I should be getting an email in the next 2 weeks if I get a interview

How did they let you know? Was it via email, letter, or phone call?

I have an interview with them that day as well! I've heard that we hear back after that interview within a couple of days.

Just declined my spot at Tx State. Best of luck to whoever it falls to.

I'll be attending TWU Houston next fall.

Reactions: 5 users
For UNT, something that I think can help y'all is looking at the 2015-2016 Texas Applicants thread on here to get a sense of when people got answers ... it's really hard to figure out what system exactly they use because you would think people who applied in August or September would at least have heard one word from them.

sorry for the rejection @ACVthaPT :( do you have other options ?
Lol thanks, UTEP is the last option. Luckily that was one of my first choices, I honestly didn't want to go to UNT anyways but it would have been good to have them as a backup in case I didn't get into UTEP! But everything has a reason, just keeping my head high, hoping and praying now for UTEP !!

Just declined my spot at Tx State. Best of luck to whoever it falls to.

I'll be attending TWU Houston next fall.
Congrats! When did you receive your acceptance?

Congrats! When did you receive your acceptance?

Mid November, but I took a while to deliberate. As I mentioned in a previous post, a big factor for me was home life and stress. Moving to San Marcos this fall then to way north round rock the next year when the TX ST program moves up there was a big negative for me.

Edit: nov, not oct

Last edited: