This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same!!!
Application status: "Decision made"
Decision: "Admit to institution"

Ahhhhh, but I need an email to make it "real":)

Congratulations! I'm dying for an update - I have not received a rejection, but mine still states it's "under review". This is killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

Denied from Texas state. Whomp whomp. It's ok though. I liked ASU better anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Denied from Texas state. Whomp whomp. It's ok though. I liked ASU better anyway.
Can I ask what, if anything, your Self Service page for Texas State says?

I haven't received a rejection or notice of acceptance/waitlist so I'm curious.

Accepted to Texas State!

Sorry to everyone that got a rejection :( but glad to see some of y'all have other options, and options that you ranked higher!

Accepted to Texas State!

Sorry to everyone that got a rejection :( but glad to see some of y'all have other options, and options that you ranked higher!
Congrats! I still haven't received anything and my Self Service still says "ready for review". Maybe today?

Congrats! I still haven't received anything and my Self Service still says "ready for review". Maybe today?
Mines still under review too.... today is the last day they have to let us know according to the PTCAS directory!

Mines still under review too.... today is the last day they have to let us know according to the PTCAS directory!
i hope we here something before late tonight! I created an account bcuz it's driving me crazy.

Has anyone been waitlisted? it seems like people have been notified of rejections and acceptances but not many waitlisted reports

Does anyone happen to know how many early decision acceptances TWU has handed out? Some people have been notified and makes me wonder how many have been acceptances have been handed out?

Does anyone happen to know how many early decision acceptances TWU has handed out? Some people have been notified and makes me wonder how many have been acceptances have been handed out?
I think someone earlier had said there were about 10 acceptances handed out for each campus, but I'm sure not everyone took the acceptance offer.

I think someone earlier had said there were about 10 acceptances handed out for each campus, but I'm sure not everyone took the acceptance offer.

They have admitted some regular decision students, not sure how many.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have admitted some regular decision students, not sure how many.

It wasn't an early decision admittance. I received an offer in early October, but I applied regular decision. There used to be early offer criteria, but that was no longer on their website this cycle. Not sure how many were admitted then. I never expected to hear from them until December.

I have a friend that got accepted recently though. And also the person had said that they handed out 10 early ones and still had 50 more. My question is are those 10 early acceptances included in the 50 seats available? If so wouldn't there be less seats?

I have a friend that got accepted recently though. And also the person had said that they handed out 10 early ones and still had 50 more. My question is are those 10 early acceptances included in the 50 seats available? If so wouldn't there be less seats?
Oh I'm not sure. Did they get accepted into the Dallas or Houston campus?

There was no official information given about how many acceptances. Maybe someone asked Mary Beth? There is no Facebook page yet like for UNT where you can actually count people. Hope that helps and that TWU notifies everyone soon.

It wasn't an early decision admittance. I received an offer in early October, but I applied regular decision. There used to be early offer criteria, but that was no longer on their website this cycle. Not sure how many were admitted then. I never expected to hear from them until December.

Did you end up choosing TWU or UNT? They're both excellent schools, must'be been hard.

Dallas, they accepted however what threw me off is that i'm pretty sure they got admitted for a regular offer. I think they're sending them now in order to have everything done by the 15th. People are probably declining and shuffling left and right by now. So by sending them out earlier than the 15th, it might make things easier for Mary Beth and have the class of 2020 roster solidified and secured faster. Then the people who get waitlisted will probably hear back earlier than January the 30th. My guess, I could be wrong.

Dallas, they accepted however what threw me off is that i'm pretty sure they got admitted for a regular offer. I think they're sending them now in order to have everything done by the 15th. People are probably declining and shuffling left and right by now. So by sending them out earlier than the 15th, it might make things easier for Mary Beth and have the class of 2020 roster solidified and secured faster. Then the people who get waitlisted will probably hear back earlier than January the 30th. My guess, I could be wrong.
You could email Mary Beth to ask to make sure. She's always very open to answering those types of question.

It was for both the Dallas and Houston campus.

Also, I just declined at TWU-Houston and UNT this morning, so hope that helps someone!!!

I will also be declining at UTMB and Angelo State this afternoon

Reactions: 1 users
It was for both the Dallas and Houston campus.

Also, I just declined at TWU-Houston and UNT this morning, so hope that helps someone!!!

I will also be declining at UTMB and Angelo State this afternoon
Congrats on getting into Texas State! I know that's been your first pick since you applied.

Thank you @RiceOwl02 !! And still hoping you hear from TWU or UNT. You have such great stats that this silence is honestly so surprising!

Thank you @RiceOwl02 !! And still hoping you hear from TWU or UNT. You have such great stats that this silence is honestly so surprising!
Thank you so much! I haven't lost hope yet! I'm just going to keep praying and hopefully I'll hear good news from TWU by the 15th.

Thank you so much! I haven't lost hope yet! I'm just going to keep praying and hopefully I'll hear good news from TWU by the 15th.

I'm rooting for you! I feel like i'm in a similar boat with you. Now that Texas State is no and UNT is more than likely a no, TWU is the only other school I applied to. I'll be here praying and cheering for you!

I'm rooting for you! I feel like i'm in a similar boat with you. Now that Texas State is no and UNT is more than likely a no, TWU is the only other school I applied to. I'll be here praying and cheering for you!
Definitely stay positive about UNT too! From what I remember you had great stats! Last year they did interviews until early March so you never know.

After I was feeling a little down receiving the Texas State rejection a couple nights ago, just yesterday I got accepted to UIW!! My first acceptance so far!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I got waitlisted at Texas State but their email didn't have info about how many others ar eon it. Anyone know anything?

Definitely stay positive about UNT too! From what I remember you had great stats! Last year they did interviews until early March so you never know.

You're right, thank you for the words of encouragement! :)

Hey y'all, I've been lurking on this thread for a while and figured I'd say hi. I got accepted to Texas State, which was my top choice, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in June! :D

I also applied to
UTMB - interviewed 11/4 and waitlisted
TWU - accepted to Houston 11/10
Tech - interviewed 11/11 and accepted to Amarillo
UTHSCSA - interviewed 12/2
UNT - no email yet
Angelo State - no email yet

I'll be declining my acceptances to TWU Houston and Tech Amarillo soon, so hopefully that will help a couple of people out! Best of luck to everyone.

Hey @hookemhoop, welcome on SDN!
I'm going to Texas State as well, so we'll be classmates :)
And I was at the 11/4 interview at UTMB too

Hey y'all, I've been lurking on this thread for a while and figured I'd say hi. I got accepted to Texas State, which was my top choice, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in June! :D

I also applied to
UTMB - interviewed 11/4 and waitlisted
TWU - accepted to Houston 11/10
Tech - interviewed 11/11 and accepted to Amarillo
UTHSCSA - interviewed 12/2
UNT - no email yet
Angelo State - no email yet

I'll be declining my acceptances to TWU Houston and Tech Amarillo soon, so hopefully that will help a couple of people out! Best of luck to everyone.
So UTHSCSA did interview again at the beginning of December. That was their last interview, right? I called, but was told that they'd still be interviewing until January. Maybe she didn't know what she was talking about.

I got the official acceptance email from Texas State on Thursday night!

Reactions: 5 users
So UTHSCSA did interview again at the beginning of December. That was their last interview, right? I called, but was told that they'd still be interviewing until January. Maybe she didn't know what she was talking about.
I don't remember hearing anyone at UTHSCSA mention whether or not they'd be having another interview. :\

For those of you freaking out about TWU, someone I know emailed TWU and their seats are NOT full yet. Mary Beth said they will send out all acceptances in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed we will hear from them sooner rather than later! Last year it seemed like they didn't send out most acceptances until the 15th though based on previous forums.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you freaking out about TWU, someone I know emailed TWU and their seats are NOT full yet. Mary Beth said they will send out all acceptances in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed we will hear from them sooner rather than later! Last year it seemed like they didn't send out most acceptances until the 15th though based on previous forums.

My friend, who is a first year at TWU-Dallas, found out on December 10th last year!

This makes me very anxious. I know they're a school that bases their initial decision on grades and then everything else is contingent upon the rest of the application. Makes me nervous at what they're trying to look for. Thank you for the update!

This makes me very anxious. I know they're a school that bases their initial decision on grades and then everything else is contingent upon the rest of the application. Makes me nervous at what they're trying to look for. Thank you for the update!

@baker16 Do you think you will go to Texas State? It seemed like everyone who applied liked it.

@baker16 Do you think you will go to Texas State? It seemed like everyone who applied liked it.
I really liked it, so I would definitely go there. I am waiting to hear from Texas Tech, UTMB, and TWU. If I don't hear anything before the deadline to reply to Texas State, then I am going to accept :)

I am really hoping TWU lets us know soon. Like @baker16 , I am waiting for their letters/notifications before accepting Texas State.

TWU's website still says that their target date for notifying accepted students is Dec.15th, and their target date for notifying alternates is Jan. 30th :)

Hey Guys! I have been closely following this forum for a few months now and finally decided to join!
I was recently accepted to Angelo State and Univ. of Southern California, but TWU is my top choice!

Does anyone know if there is a competitive difference in the Dallas and Houston campus?

Reactions: 3 users
Hey @Frog2016 I've heard in the past that the Houston campus was sliiiiightly more competitive, but I don't know how reliable that information really was.

My friend was admitted to TWU-Houston today at 1:30!