This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know me too.... mine still says "waiting department review"
Did they email your friend?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, he got the official email and everything
wow that's awesome. Hopefully we'll hear back some good news soon. At least you have been accepted to Texas State and have a UNT interview in a couple of months, but having options is always good!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! Congrats to your friend. I guess that means that all of us will hear back anytime before the 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
wow that's awesome. Hopefully we'll hear back some good news soon. At least you have been accepted to Texas State and have a UNT interview in a couple of months, but having options is always good!
Very true!! I really was not expecting to flat out get accepted anywhere. Has UNT made anymore communication since the October 21st interview?

Very true!! I really was not expecting to flat out get accepted anywhere. Has UNT made anymore communication since the October 21st interview?
I heard someone got rejected on 11/28, but I haven't heard of anymore interview offers.

So, this is a little random but I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were... What is the most important thing that is driving your decision to pick a certain PT school? Is it the location? Ranking? Close to home? Cost? I am having a hard time figuring out what my top priority is when it comes to picking my "1st choice" for PT school! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
So, this is a little random but I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were... What is the most important thing that is driving your decision to pick a certain PT school? Is it the location? Ranking? Close to home? Cost? I am having a hard time figuring out what my top priority is when it comes to picking my "1st choice" for PT school! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I think the big ones are cost, CAPTE pass rate, "fit", and curriculum. These are the things that stick out to me most, but everybody's value system is different. Personally, I don't think the amenities of the city are that important - going to be so busy you can't spend a ton of time just exploring the city. I think also the consensus is that ranking doesn't matter too much because of how incredibly strong the job market is.

Another thing I am considering is minimizing stress - so many things can add stress to your life, from high costs to a difficult commute, suboptimal living conditions - and I want as little stress as possible from areas of my life that I can control during PT school - school will provide enough stress.

But I'm very curious what others are thinking as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the big ones are cost, CAPTE pass rate, "fit", and curriculum. These are the things that stick out to me most, but everybody's value system is different. Personally, I don't think the amenities of the city are that important - going to be so busy you can't spend a ton of time just exploring the city. I think also the consensus is that ranking doesn't matter too much because of how incredibly strong the job market is.

Another thing I am considering is minimizing stress - so many things can add stress to your life, from high costs to a difficult commute, suboptimal living conditions - and I want as little stress as possible from areas of my life that I can control during PT school - school will provide enough stress.

But I'm very curious what others are thinking as well.

I didn't even think about ways to minimize my stress... That is a great point!! Considering all of these factors, what would be your number 1 school?

On the TWU webadvisor page it says all communication will be through portal (TWU) email, for people who have gotten accepted was it through your personal email or the portal one?

My husband just finished his graduate degree this semester, and we weren't certain where we might end up once he found a job after graduation. I applied to schools near each of the major cities in Texas to try to cover more ground in case we would need to relocate for his job. It would be really unfortunate if we had to be long distance for 3 years. That would also add financial stress by trying to support two households on one income. Tuition cost was an important factor for me, but all of the programs I applied to have pretty similar tuition rates. I don't care very much about the city I'm in, but I do like access to outdoor activities. I initially thought UTMB would be fun since it's so close to the beach, but that's obviously not happening since I got rejected there. Right now I would just like to be accepted to a school that's in the same city as my husband.

On the TWU webadvisor page it says all communication will be through portal (TWU) email, for people who have gotten accepted was it through your personal email or the portal one?
I think it is personal email but Mary Beth calls you as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to TWU last week!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?

GPA (cumulative): 3.86
GPA (pre-req): 4.0
Last 60: 4.0
Science: 4.0

GRE: 149V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Hours: 24 inpatient geriatrics, 29 outpatient neuro, 20 inpatient pediatrics, 150 outpatient pediatrics, 52 outpatient ortho. Total: 275

ED: volunteered for 8 weeks over the summer as a student PT in Cambodia; internship in exercise science research in australia, pre-pt club president, student ambassador, sorority social chair.

I applied to: NYU, UNC, Duke, TSU, Belmont, UTSW, TWU, USC, Cal State Long Beach, Emory, and Chapman.
I have interviewed with: NYU (haven't heard back), Belmont (wait-listed), and have an interview with UNC next month!

Cost. Location. Unique classes or clinical experience. I asked ASU about one of their classes and they have a 1 week intensive CSCS certification. Since I am interested in working with athletes, I wanted to get that cert anyway. So just little things like that which set the school apart. Also the feeling when I was there. Faculty wanted me to be there. Students were people I could be friends with. Nearby housing. Safety. I want to make sure the school/surrounding housing is in a good area. I definitely don't have a spread sheet with all this info and several other columns to compare schools. Nooooo way. Good luck with your decision, everyone!

Dang, sorry. :(

I was rejected too :(
We were all at the Amarillo interview on 11/18..

I actually felt really good about my interview...I'm going to email them and see if they will offer any feedback about what happened.

Just received an email from Tech stating that I am an alternate for their class starting in Fall 2017. Not the news I hoped for, but better than the alternative. I have really enjoyed this forum and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted into a program! The future of PT is bright.

Reactions: 4 users
Just received an email from Tech stating that I am an alternate for their class starting in Fall 2017. Not the news I hoped for, but better than the alternative. I have really enjoyed this forum and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted into a program! The future of PT is bright.

Just received an email from Tech stating that I have been selected as an alternate. Better than the alternative. I have really enjoyed reading this forum. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted to schools. The PT future is bright!

Sorry everyone that messages posted 3x and I cannot seem to figure out how to delete responses :(

I was placed on Tech's alternate list!

Any new updates on TWU Dallas?

Also does anyone know how many people UTSW interviews?

Any new updates on TWU Dallas?

Also does anyone know how many people UTSW interviews?
I know TWU-Dallas has sent out acceptances and the accepted students have until 12/22 to reserve their spot.
I'm not sure how many UTSW interviews but I have an interview with them for 1/9!

I know TWU-Dallas has sent out acceptances and the accepted students have until 12/22 to reserve their spot.
I'm not sure how many UTSW interviews but I have an interview with them for 1/9!
I don't think TWU is done though because they've also been sending out rejections.

I don't think TWU is done though because they've also been sending out rejections.
I agree. my application still says "awaiting department review" ... I think I would be rejected or waitlisted if they were done.

I agree. my application still says "awaiting department review" ... I think I would be rejected or waitlisted if they were done.
Maybe we're just being punked lol

Reactions: 3 users
So, I'm new to this, but this is what my status is:

Applied to (In Texas): UTEP, UNT, UTMB, Tech, and UTSW

Interviewed at Tech 11/18; Put on waitlist 12/8
Interviewed at UTMB: 9/9
UNT: Rejected 12/7
UTSW, UTEP: Still haven't heard anything

Currently freaking out, but trying to remain hopeful. Anyone know anything for UTMB, it's my top choice since interviewing there.

Currently freaking out, but trying to remain hopeful. Anyone know anything for UTMB, it's my top choice since interviewing there.

I was put on UTMB's waitlist! I heard that most people go on the waitlist and then they start sending out the majority of acceptances after all the interviews have been conducted. They are having another interview this weekend... I am not sure if that is the last one or not.

This may be a dumb question, but is bringing a portfolio/printed resume and transcript to an interview necessary. I know this is a required thing for business and job interviews, but wasn't sure about pt school.
I did!! My interviewer at UTMB referenced it so it doesn't hurt

I was put on UTMB's waitlist! I heard that most people go on the waitlist and then they start sending out the majority of acceptances after all the interviews have been conducted. They are having another interview this weekend... I am not sure if that is the last one or not.
I know that they waitlist everyone after the interview and send offers to the top 100 of 150, and this is the last one this weekend!

I know that they waitlist everyone after the interview and send offers to the top 100 of 150, and this is the last one this weekend!
well, hopefully we hear next week then!!!

Reactions: 1 users
well, hopefully we hear next week then!!!
I also emailed one of the people in charge of admissions from the interview and he said offers start in January and extend into February, but it's hard to tell if that's 100% true or if it's just like in case things drag out during the decision process.

When did you submit your application to UNT? I'm just curious because I've been hearing people slowly getting rejections and I'm wondering if it's based on when applicants submitted their materials in.

When did you submit your application to UNT? I'm just curious because I've been hearing people slowly getting rejections and I'm wondering if it's based on when applicants submitted their materials in.
It is not based on that I know for sure due to people I know who applied after me that were rejected before me. I applied on August 5th though.