2016-2017 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what does it mean if we weren't rejected yet?

In the same boat. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath. Based on @REL 's comments above the last interviews have most likely been extended and we can expect official word early next week.

Edit: official word of rejection

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do they send out pre II rejections all at once or in waves? Because I have not received one yet and I'm wondering if they're still going to offer interviews

Do they send out pre II rejections all at once or in waves? Because I have not received one yet and I'm wondering if they're still going to offer interviews
I feel like it must be in waves since some people received rejections and some haven't received anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
All interview groups have been formulated by this point. I'm sure it just takes time to get emails out to all of the people now that they know they wont be extending any more II's.

Reactions: 1 users
*aggressively waits for rejection email*

Reactions: 2 users
Welp just got rejected. They dont think I'm a good fit for them but I commend REL for trying to keep us posted about our statuses

Rejected. This one hurts as this was one of my top choices.

honestly i wish they would just reject everyone at the same time...this gives me false hope

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly i wish they would just reject everyone at the same time...this gives me false hope
I cannot agree more! Do you think they got to review your application? I have so many doubts about the whole admission process ... not only UCF's, but everywhere else!

I cannot agree more! Do you think they got to review your application? I have so many doubts about the whole admission process ... not only UCF's, but everywhere else!

I've got news for you... If you have anywhere at all to doubt the admissions process/staff, it is not UCF. They are hands down, without question the most transparent admissions staff I encountered this application cycle. I couldn't even get some schools to answer repeated phone calls or emails, yet UCF's admissions staff is blatantly forthcoming about any inquiries you may have. In fact, they invite questions because they believe it makes less work for them in the long run the more we as applicants know about the application process. I can assure you that your application was reviewed. How else would it have even been deemed EFI if it hadn't been reviewed?

Reactions: 3 users
It would be easier for Admissions to push a button and reject everyone too. Members of the committee review applicants in groups and then approve applicants for the next status, EFI, interview, rejection, etc. Admissions receives information from them in batches and we release them ASAP. I guess we could save them all to the end and just reject everyone later like some programs apparently do, unfortunately I like to communicate any news ASAP so you get them in batches. Maybe we should change our process?

@REL Thank you for your commitment to all of the students throughout the application and admissions process! You are the face and compassion of UCF for many of us and it eases a lot of the concerns we have had or will have over the coming years to know that you are eager to help in whatever way you can!

Reactions: 11 users
It would be easier for Admissions to push a button and reject everyone too. Members of the committee review applicants in groups and then approve applicants for the next status, EFI, interview, rejection, etc. Admissions receives information from them in batches and we release them ASAP. I guess we could save them all to the end and just reject everyone later like some programs apparently do, unfortunately I like to communicate any news ASAP so you get them in batches. Maybe we should change our process?

I think mostly what they mean is that you've mentioned that the II's are sent three weeks in advance, which makes one assume that there aren't any more offers being made and yet many applicants still have not heard word on their final status. We know the hope is very small but since the axe hasn't dropped it leaves a little anxiety while waiting.

Does anyone know the link to the accepted applicants class of 2021 facebook page?

First time posting on this thread but thought I'd let y'all know: Rejection pre-II this morning, OOS, MCAT 510, GPA 3.7

I received an email today telling me I am on the alternate list for the last interview date on 3/3. Basically if someone doesn't go, I may get their spot. Just wanted to post it for people to know!

I received an email today telling me I am on the alternate list for the last interview date on 3/3. Basically if someone doesn't go, I may get their spot. Just wanted to post it for people to know!

I received the same email today too. I wonder how many people are on this alternate list.

does anyone know how many applicants will be interviewed this cycle? is it around 425?

When is the next admission's committee meeting?

Hi all! I'm a recent grad. Happy to answer any and all questions about my experiences at UCF. Just want to help people make the best decision for them- but I loved it there and can't wait to return hopefully as faculty some day. It's truly a special place. Just message me!

@REL I was told on my interview day that approximately 6 students will be accepted. I am wondering if they meant 6 per interview date or 6 total from each adcom review meeting or if this is the same?

Last edited:
@REL I was told on my interview day that approximately 6 students will be accepted. I am wondering if they meant 6 per interview date or 6 total from each adcom review meeting or if this is the same?
I remember them saying it was 6 kids per meeting and they can be from any interview group

What do you mean by meeting? I thought it was six from each group?
they meet every tuesday, during this meeting they accept 6 people, these six people can be from any interview group

@REL An aspect of this school that heavily caught my attention was how helpful you were throughout the entire process. Your diligence and guidance stand as highly valuable assets for those who seek a glimmer of hope during the application cycle, especially on this website, which sometimes overwhelms applicants instead of eradicating doubts.

Meeting you on interview day represents one of the major highlights of my second app cycle. You, sir, possess the strength of character and professionalism required to lead the citizens of our great nation, which was founded on the principles of liberty and justice for all. Thank you for your service (military + professional) and everything you have done for us. Whether I get accepted, waitlisted or rejected I wish you (and everyone involved in this process) the very best of luck.

Sincerely,

MountainTopWaterDrop

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call!!!!! I was accepted!!!
God has been great to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call!!!!! I was accepted!!!!!!!!

Last cycle, I only received one II from allopathic schools. This year, I received more II than what I thought I was going to get. God has been great to me!
Congrats! UCF is an amazing school. I hope I get to be your classmate :)

@REL and anyone else who has an opinion- thoughts on where the best area to live is if you have a significant other who plans on working in the city of Orlando? Is traffic really that terrible in the city? Thanks!

@REL and anyone else who has an opinion- thoughts on where the best area to live is if you have a significant other who plans on working in the city of Orlando? Is traffic really that terrible in the city? Thanks!
Sixth-generation Florida native here, from that area. If you don't mind me asking, are you and your SO living together or separately? Either way, since UCF is located so close to 417--from which you can quickly access most major Orlando neighborhoods--you could live in one of the apartments near UCF and still easily drive to pretty much anywhere in Orlando within ~30-45 minutes.

Useful facts:

Rush hour traffic times in downtown Orlando (on interstate-4) usually happen at about 7:30--10:00 AM and 4:00--6:00 PM on weekdays, from my experience.

If I-4 is slow, you can usually get off and access the 417, which is almost always moving fast, even during rush hour.

Even during rush hour on I-4, you can usually get where you're going with only about 10-20 minutes extra travel time.

Florida is the best place in the world to be stuck in traffic.

Sixth-generation Florida native here, from that area. If you don't mind me asking, are you and your SO living together or separately? Either way, since UCF is located so close to 417--from which you can quickly access most major Orlando neighborhoods--you could live in one of the apartments near UCF and still easily drive to pretty much anywhere in Orlando within ~30-45 minutes.

Useful facts:

Rush hour traffic times in downtown Orlando (on interstate-4) usually happen at about 7:30--10:00 AM and 4:00--6:00 PM on weekdays, from my experience.

If I-4 is slow, you can usually get off and access the 417, which is almost always moving fast, even during rush hour.

Even during rush hour on I-4, you can usually get where you're going with only about 10-20 minutes extra travel time.

Florida is the best place in the world to be stuck in traffic.
Thanks! Very helpful!!! My fiancé and I will be living together- there is a good chance he will end up working in the Winter Park area which looks like it might be a decent commute for him. One thing I am also considering is how many students leave the lake nona area after their second year. I think I'd like to stay in one spot through school, but wondering if we'll want to move from lake nona and closer to the city to easy the commute time...then again if the new hospital is up in time Lake Nona might be the place to stay....

One thing to keep in mind is that Winter Park tends to be one of the more expensive neighborhoods in terms of rent/housing prices. You could also compromise and live somewhere in between those two locations.

Anyone know when we can expect fin aid packages?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It looks like last year financial aid notification rolled out from mid-late march in batches based on when the student services/financial aid committee met. I would imagine many have yet to file taxes and some of that info is used for the application. Perhaps they wait for a specific date or number of applicants before discussing?

It looks like last year financial aid notification rolled out from mid-late march in batches based on when the student services/financial aid committee met. I would imagine many have yet to file taxes and some of that info is used for the application. Perhaps they wait for a specific date or number of applicants before discussing?
The scholarship committee has begun regular meetings and I suspect Stu Fin Svcs Office to send out offers and FA packages beginning later this week......and in batches throughout the remainder of this month.

Hi @REL!

Once again thank you for being so helpful throughout this whole process! When can we expect another update email?

Hi @REL!

Once again thank you for being so helpful throughout this whole process! When can we expect another update email?
I am going to stretch this one out a bit and sent it after our final committee meeting, so look for something on March 22 or 23.

Did anyone else receive this email??? (Interviewed Feb. 24)

Due to a committee delay we will have to contact you next Wednesday with the outcome of your application review.
We apologize for the change in schedule and appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
UCF COM Admissions