You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Central Michigan
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
Anyone hear anything this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UncleMed
Full Member
I dont think so since its still 29 people in the class of 2029 groupme. Im wondering if there is a Facebook group with a more acurate number representation to judge our chances off the waitlist there was some in years pastAnyone hear anything this week?
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
Nothing yet. IS WL on 4/14 and still just waiting patiently.Anyone hear anything this week?
D
deleted1194381
anyone know how many people are in the groupme rn? just wanna gauge my chances
UncleMed
Full Member
It still says 29 if I go click on it. So strange, Im in shock there has only been one A off the WL reported on sdn so faranyone know how many people are in the groupme rn? just wanna gauge my chances
UncleMed
Full Member
Yeah thats what its looking like. Is there a facebook group this year for admitted students or just the groupme?I am an admitted student and part of me is wondering if they will make most moves after the deadline to commit to enroll as a lot of students who are admitted are also probably waitlisted at other schools they might prefer to go to.
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
When is that date?I am an admitted student and part of me is wondering if they will make most moves after the deadline to commit to enroll as a lot of students who are admitted are also probably waitlisted at other schools they might prefer to go to.
July 1When is that date?
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
Just received an email from admissions asking to send a "notice of interest" (IS WL)
UncleMed
Full Member
Me too, also said offers extended until mid June which is different than previous cycles I think.Just received an email from admissions asking to send a "notice of interest" (IS WL)
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
Me too, also said offers extended until mid June which is different than previous cycles I think.
I found that part strange as I believe they have a class of exactly 104 students. Also I have not heard of anybody hearing back in what has been 6+ weeks now.
UncleMed
Full Member
Yeah I don't get it. I just can't believe that many acceptances off the WL are going unreported but maybe?!?I found that part strange as I believe they have a class of exactly 104 students. Also I have not heard of anybody hearing back in what has been 6+ weeks now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1194381
i don’t get it. Isn’t the CTE deadline on July 1st.Me too, also said offers extended until mid June which is different than previous cycles I think.
D
deleted1194381
anyone heard back this week?
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
anyone heard back this week?
Not personally, nor have I heard of anybody else hearing back.
D
deleted1194381
anyone heard anything this week?
No, I was hoping we would’ve heard something by today.anyone heard anything this week?
D
deleted1194381
i have no clue. i’m just holding out hope that they said that they accepting a lot of people off the WL 😭Kind of a shot in the dark but does anybody have a rough idea of how many people are committed to the class this upcoming year? (Facebook, groupme). Maybe retention numbers are high this year
undeniablekeeper
Full Member
93 members in the group me lol
D
deleted1194381
wow that many? i’m surprised none of that was reported on SDN93 members in the group me lol
esmehuggable
Full Member
Wait really when I just checked rn (as someone who can’t get in) it says 30. Yesterday it said 31 so I was thinking it was accurate????
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
I am guessing that they over-extended offers and had a high yield since it appears nobody has heard back in over 6 weeks. If nothing comes by the end of this week, I'm prepared to emotionally accept that my chances have gone. The lack of communication has been bewildering.
D
deleted1194381
but there is no way that none of those would be not reported on SDN. like it’s been completely radio silence and only 30 people were in the group me. how would they just add another 60 people without at least one person postingI am guessing that they over-extended offers and had a high yield since it appears nobody has heard back in over 6 weeks. If nothing comes by the end of this week, I'm prepared to emotionally accept that my chances have gone. The lack of communication has been bewildering.
UncleMed
Full Member
I think its a different group-me that maybe was sent directly to accepted students and not the one on here. Im just as lost as everybody else thoughbut there is no way that none of those would be not reported on SDN. like it’s been completely radio silence and only 30 people were in the group me. how would they just add another 60 people without at least one person posting
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
I'm confused as well because I still see 30 in the one that is posted on SDN.I think its a different group-me that maybe was sent directly to accepted students and not the one on here. Im just as lost as everybody else though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s a different GroupMe. Central started an official GroupMe and it’s invite only and the invites can only be sent from an official CMU invite via emailI'm confused as well because I still see 30 in the one that is posted on SDN.
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
They said they'd be accepting off the waitlist until "mid-late July"
esmehuggable
Full Member
My waitlist notice said mid June did you call and was told something different?
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
Yeah i Called about a week agoMy waitlist notice said mid June did you call and was told something different?
Hi everyone, just checking in. Has anyone heard any updates from CMED yet? I tried calling last week and received a reply with some general information about the waitlist. It mentioned that they’ll be reviewing the waitlist throughout July. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything more specific or received any recent communication.
UncleMed
Full Member
I got in off the WL this weekHi everyone, just checking in. Has anyone heard any updates from CMED yet? I tried calling last week and received a reply with some general information about the waitlist. It mentioned that they’ll be reviewing the waitlist throughout July. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything more specific or received any recent communication.
esmehuggable
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people are on the official GroupMe now?
91Does anyone know how many people are on the official GroupMe now?
justafearfulpremed
Full Member
Has anybody received waitlist decisions recently? The CTE deadline is today so I would imagine more will be coming out soon.
Hi! I actually just got accepted off the waitlist this morning.Has anybody received waitlist decisions recently? The CTE deadline is today so I would imagine more will be coming out soon.
esmehuggable
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS?Hi! I actually just got accepted off the waitlist this morning.
I'm OOSAre you IS or OOS?
D
deleted1194381
anyone know how many people are in the official groupme currently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current student at cmed. Those that are on the WL, dont lose hope. IK a few of my classmates heard back days before orientation bc people always drop last min.
There are 103 members right nowanyone know how many people are in the official groupme currently?
D
deleted1194381
thank u i needed this 🥺Current student at cmed. Those that are on the WL, dont lose hope. IK a few of my classmates heard back days before orientation bc people always drop last min.
esmehuggable
Full Member
Does that 103 include any admin? Also when does orientation start?
anothergenericpremed
New Member
I believe it includes admin and the few M2s in the GroupMeDoes that 103 include any admin? Also when does orientation start?