-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
'The number you should receive a call from is (352) 274-5850?
I'm not totally sure about this, I was called by each of my interviewers and if that's the case the phone number should be different for everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People who have interviewed - were you sent the list of doctors that you were interviewing with before interview day? Or were you given them when you checked in that morning?
We were given a list the morning of. They're listed on the agenda sheet.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Any tips for getting off the waitlist and when they might start letting people off it?
I recall from my interview that about 50% of interviewees are ultimately accepted, either from the waitlist or outright. Unfortunately I don't remember how those 50% are distributed between outright and waitlisted. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Most of the waitlist movement is going to happen after the traffic deadline at the end of April.
Random tidbit I learned today, according to USNWR (which I personally don't put much stock in), UFHealth @ Shands is now tied with Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville as the best hospital in Florida.
UFCOM also remains the highest ranked school in FL at #40.
UFCOM also remains the highest ranked school in FL at #40.
I'm an OOS reapplicant this year, interviewed here last year and absolutely loved the school. I was complete around 8/15 this cycle after not being complete until 12/10 last cycle (stupid, I know). Should I give some kind of post submission update restating my desire to go here? I don't really have any new activities to discuss so it would mostly just be me telling them how awesome I think they are.
Instead of sending any sort of application update, I received an email from UF telling me to apply to some online graduate certificate program...
Guess I have no hope this cycle. [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Guess I have no hope this cycle. [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Instead of sending any sort of application update, I received an email from UF telling me to apply to some online graduate certificate program...
Guess I have no hope this cycle. [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha. Me too.
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
How long after the interview does it usually take for them to get back to you with a decision?
My understanding is that they meet every two weeks or so, so it depends on when you interview. I got my decision 3 days after my interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/9
I do not believe so. I'm pretty sure they use the same secondary portal as USF which also says the same thing unless you get an II
Hey does anyone know the II -> decision turn around time for this school? Few months or a couple of weeks?
Hey does anyone know the II -> decision turn around time for this school? Few months or a couple of weeks?
Days to weeks. I heard back in 3 days.
Complete early August, LizzyM 74.5, utter silence.Completed 7/19 🙁 Anyone else?
Complete late July, Lizzy M ~70 IS. Silence also.
Congrats! When were you complete?II today!
Thanks! Complete 8/27Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II 11/23. Lizzy M 69.9. In-State. Complete 8/29.
I am so excited for this interview! UF is my top choice!
Any suggestions for the interview? I've heard to just be yourself and relax.
I am so excited for this interview! UF is my top choice!
Any suggestions for the interview? I've heard to just be yourself and relax.
II today! Complete 7/20. Overjoyed 😍
stats?II today! Complete 7/20. Overjoyed 😍
I find out today if I'm accepted.
This is me anytime I get an email or phone notification.
This is me anytime I get an email or phone notification.
Me too! This is making me so anxious!I find out today if I'm accepted.
This is me anytime I get an email or phone notification.
![]()
Me too! This is making me so anxious!
+2 SO BAD!!! good luck to you guys, hope we all get in!

Any news?
Yes everyone got in!Any news?
Awesome thanks.Yes everyone got on!
Still haven't heard anything. This wait is killing me.
actually. Im scribing right now in the ER and considering checking myself in.Still haven't heard anything. This wait is killing me.
Just heard. Waitlisted
Just heard. Waitlisted
Did they call or email? I'm still waiting to hear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they call or email? I'm still waiting to hear.
I was also waitlisted via email
At least we still have our pictures with the Albert the Gator as a memento.I was also waitlisted via email
Wait listed via email as well. so disappointing.
at least we are all in this togetherWait listed via email as well. so disappointing.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K