-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A letter with the same content as the emailAre we supposed to receive anything in the mail after being accepted?
A letter with the same content as the email
And printed on very special paper
Also signed by the assistant dean
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do we wear to second look events?
are interviews done here?
are interviews done here?
This Friday is the last day of interviews, so my understanding is that invites are not being sent out any longer.
Finally rejected...
Good times.
Good times.
Rejected. Feels bad, man...
Morsani College of Medicine Class Of 2021!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Morsani College of Medicine Class Of 2021!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1Rejected. Feels bad, man...
Morsani College of Medicine Class Of 2021!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted706240
One of the only schools out of state I was hoping to get into, but rejected yesterday. Oh well, there's always residency right?
Decisions coming out for last two interview days today I think
What do we wear to second look events?
If it's like last year, you will wear formal attire to the Friday evening event. For Saturday we wore business casual.
If you have questions on specifics let me know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in September, waitlisted since october, how do I get off of the waitlist?
still waiting
.
Last edited:
I'm very interested in UF and I intend to apply this year. I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but does anyone have any additional information about UF, good or bad?
I'm very interested in UF and I intend to apply this year. I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but does anyone have any additional information about UF, good or bad?
I'm a student here, so I can answer any specific questions you may have.
I interviewed in September, waitlisted since october, how do I get off of the waitlist?
You could send a Letter of Intent. You can find good resources to write one on SDN or /r/premed. The admissions office loves to know applicants are still interested in the program!
When do accepted students planning to enroll get their .edu emails?
When do accepted students planning to enroll get their .edu emails?
Sometime in the Summer before matriculation. I got mine in late May.
Did you email or use the application portal?Waitlisted since October & just submitted a LOI - here goes nothing![]()
Direct email since there wasn't exactly an appropriate tab on the secondary portal!Did you email or use the application portal?
Where do we send an update letter to and a letter of intent to?
I did updates through the portal. There's a little tab for application updates.Where do we send an update letter to and a letter of intent to?
Does anyone know if sending updates/LOIs is more effective through the portal vs emailing (e.g. which one is more likely to actually be looked at and considered or carry more weight)?
Idk who could accurately answer this question..
I would just do both. And let them know u did in the email. Why not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was great seeing many of you at Second Look today. Hope to see you there in the Fall!
Does anyone know how we get our financial aid info if we didn't attend second look? I heard it was given out at second look but I wasn't sure if that was true or not!
Called the financial aid office and they said offers will be mailed out to permanent addresses tomorrow
It was great seeing many of you at Second Look today. Hope to see you there in the Fall!
I wasn't able to make it, but would you or anyone else who attended be able to give their impression/a summary of how it went?
I wasn't able to make it, but would you or anyone else who attended be able to give their impression/a summary of how it went?
I'm one of the med students so any answer I give you will be biased... but it was awesome and I loved it! Can't imagine being anywhere else.
I wasn't able to make it, but would you or anyone else who attended be able to give their impression/a summary of how it went?
Two words: Anatomy Lab
I'm applying here this May and I have a quick question: I did a Summer program at UF in 2016 and I'm wondering how this may help my future application. I know having done a Summer program won't get me in one its own but I fell in love with the school/area and could see myself attending, if possible. Would conveying my interest based on one Summer program be beneficial and how do I go about doing this? I formed a pretty good relationship with a program director (read: not in medicine, but related) and I'm wondering how this networking may be beneficial?
Thanks guys!
Thanks guys!
I'd suggest incorporating this into your secondary application for UF when you eventually work on it. There's a prompt asking you for any additional information that the committee should know in considering your application.I'm applying here this May and I have a quick question: I did a Summer program at UF in 2016 and I'm wondering how this may help my future application. I know having done a Summer program won't get me in one its own but I fell in love with the school/area and could see myself attending, if possible. Would conveying my interest based on one Summer program be beneficial and how do I go about doing this? I formed a pretty good relationship with a program director (read: not in medicine, but related) and I'm wondering how this networking may be beneficial?
Thanks guys!
I agree on its own, just one Summer program at UF won't be sufficient. If you can be specific and a tiny bit anecdotal to what aspects of UF (and not necessarily other med schools) really won you over, then it can help convey why you really like the school. Best of luck!
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks!
I'd suggest incorporating this into your secondary application for UF when you eventually work on it. There's a prompt asking you for any additional information that the committee should know in considering your application.
I agree on its own, just one Summer program at UF won't be sufficient. If you can be specific and a tiny bit anecdotal to what aspects of UF (and not necessarily other med schools) really won you over, then it can help convey why you really like the school. Best of luck!
Does anyone know where to find the GatorLink username or email? The email is needed for the forms due 6/1.
Last edited:
Two words: Anatomy Lab
Dr. Rarey is brilliant. He's probably among every student's favorite professors at the COM, if not THE favorite.
Don't worry, I'm also going insane from the silence.Any waitlist activity yet? Sorry to be that kid...
I've heard anecdotally that the class is over-accepted at this point. If I had to theorize, I wouldn't expect much waitlist movement this year. I heard the waitlist was fairly stagnant last year too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
