You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's creepy silent in here today...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's creepy silent in here today...
give it a few days lol
Just an FYI, last year's thread reports the first post-traffic day acceptance on May 16th.
Wasn't there two waves of WL movement before April 30 last year though?Just an FYI, last year's thread reports the first post-traffic day acceptance on May 16th.
Wasn't there two waves of WL movement before April 30 last year though?
i think there were actual acceptances on april 30 last year then in May again, right?
I don't think so. Not on the school specific forum that I looked at, there were no acceptances on april 30th (despite someone reporting that there were acceptances on april 30th last year earlier on this year's thread). I didn't go back farther than April 30th @machete fred , so I'm not sure. I will do that during my next incubation 😉 But also, wasn't there movement already this year?i think there were actual acceptances on april 30 last year then in May again, right?
Nose goesThere was movement in early March but there hasn't been any since. Anybody want to call or email to ask?
I just withdrew today after getting off another waitlist, good luck everyone!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thought waitlist movement this cycle only happened in February so far?There was movement in early March but there hasn't been any since. Anybody want to call or email to ask?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Allow me to service you with some peace of mind.
Called in just a minute ago. Badgered her. Results:
1) No waitlist movement happened this year on the 30th of April, and none happened prior.
2) She insisted that sometime after the 30th of April the waitlist will be reconsidered.
3) She won't budge on any details regarding adcom meetings, or any possible discrepancy between this year's process and last year's.
Displacement=0 fellas
Called in just a minute ago. Badgered her. Results:
1) No waitlist movement happened this year on the 30th of April, and none happened prior.
2) She insisted that sometime after the 30th of April the waitlist will be reconsidered.
3) She won't budge on any details regarding adcom meetings, or any possible discrepancy between this year's process and last year's.
Displacement=0 fellas
So in other words there will be waitlist movement we just have no idea when it will be. Is there any way to tell how full the class is?Allow me to service you with some peace of mind.
Called in just a minute ago. Badgered her. Results:
1) No waitlist movement happened this year on the 30th of April, and none happened prior.
2) She insisted that sometime after the 30th of April the waitlist will be reconsidered.
3) She won't budge on any details regarding adcom meetings, or any possible discrepancy between this year's process and last year's.
Displacement=0 fellas
So in other words there will be waitlist movement we just have no idea when it will be. Is there any way to tell how full the class is?
I will call in using a different number soon, and badger some more. Everyone has a break-point.
I'll ask about the class, the spots, the dates again, my name, anything until I get a definitive answer.
But, for now, I believe your interpretation is correct. Although some peeps on here are claiming earlier waves of WL movements, which contradicts what the admissions told me.
thought waitlist movement this cycle only happened in February so far?
Where did you get that Intel from?
Looking at this thread, there has been one wave of WL movement in Feb for this cycle. That's all.Where did you get that Intel from?
Looking at this thread, there has been one wave of WL movement in Feb for this cycle. That's all.
I don't think that's true
I don't think that's true
It's true! I was accepted off the WL in Feb as were others
this is trueI don't think that's true
It's true! I was accepted off the WL in Feb as were others
Awkward... When I called in to ask, they told me nobody on the waitlists will be considered until after April 30...
But thanks, Ill take your word.
Curious! Im priority waitlist, whatever that implies, were you?
Back with an ad! Hello classmates. I am looking for a roommate. There is a potential for a 2 bed/2 bath condo in squirrel hill, very close to campus. I am moving in early (June) for PLM and PD classes. Please PM me if interested. Would prefer a female roommate. Thanks!
2nd tier waitlists practically have 0 chance getting in, right?
I wouldn't hold your breath... I'm first tier and my hopes are dwindling still2nd tier waitlists practically have 0 chance getting in, right?
I think a couple of years ago there were some people that were taken off the 2nd tier waitlist2nd tier waitlists practically have 0 chance getting in, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am calling them again, this is bananas!!!!!
give us updates please!! lol
Can someone who is already accepted check the student directory and let us know how many students are listed? Someone on Last years thread was able to do that
They haven't given us access to this yetCan someone who is already accepted check the student directory and let us know how many students are listed? Someone on Last years thread was able to do that
Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile
Can someone please post the Facebook group link for our class? Thanks. I caved in and rejoined the big man fbk
Has everyone waitlisted still not heard anything yet? I'm really disappointed as I was expecting movement to occur much sooner after April 30th (they should know who all is committed to their school thus know how many they need to start pulling off the waitlist right??). I would really like to know whether I'll be going here or not because I need to start finding roommates/living arrangements at my other school if I don't get accepted here.
I'm giving it until this coming Monday before I lose all hope. Based off of last year's thread there was no post April 30th movement until the 3rd Monday of May which would be next week...I'm hoping that maybe everyone just held onto their acceptances until April 30th and the adcom is just waiting until Monday to do next batch of acceptances...could all just be wishful thinking though :/At this point, I'm just going to start to believing that Pitt probably over-accepted people from their initial batch... until there is a directory like last cycle that can prove me otherwise.
Yeah maybe the class is full, who knowsI'm giving it until this coming Monday before I lose all hope. Based off of last year's thread there was no post April 30th movement until the 3rd Monday of May which would be next week...I'm hoping that maybe everyone just held onto their acceptances until April 30th and the adcom is just waiting until Monday to do next batch of acceptances...could all just be wishful thinking though :/
I just did, no answer (didn't leave a message).Has anyone tried calling them recently?
Is Pitt receptive to calls from reapplicants asking what they can improve on for the next cycle? I know there are some schools that explicitly tell you that they won't answer those questions.
I just got accepted off the waitlist! so there are at least some open spots! Don't give up hope!!
Congrats!
Mind telling us whether you got the notification by email? Call? Portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!
Mind telling us whether you got the notification by email? Call? Portal?
Email!!
Congrats! First tier?I just got accepted off the waitlist! so there are at least some open spots! Don't give up hope!!
Congrats! First tier?
Yepp!Congrats! First tier?
Either way I'm now officially checking my email every 5 minutes now that we have a reported acceptance lololI wonder if they send a batch out or accept one by one? And congrats !
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K


