2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Other admissions committees have been giving out offers all day. I wish Pitt would show us some love!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fingers crossed... would love some good news from Pitt in the coming weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my only egg in one basket fellas

Reactions: 2 users
Just an FYI, last year's thread reports the first post-traffic day acceptance on May 16th.

Cheers to feeling nervous/anxious for the month of May!

i think there were actual acceptances on april 30 last year then in May again, right?
I don't think so. Not on the school specific forum that I looked at, there were no acceptances on april 30th (despite someone reporting that there were acceptances on april 30th last year earlier on this year's thread). I didn't go back farther than April 30th @machete fred , so I'm not sure. I will do that during my next incubation ;) But also, wasn't there movement already this year?

There was movement in early March but there hasn't been any since. Anybody want to call or email to ask?

e3mvbk21auuy.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
There was movement in early March but there hasn't been any since. Anybody want to call or email to ask?
thought waitlist movement this cycle only happened in February so far?

think it's safe to say there will be more, but who knows when hahah

Allow me to service you with some peace of mind.

Called in just a minute ago. Badgered her. Results:
1) No waitlist movement happened this year on the 30th of April, and none happened prior.
2) She insisted that sometime after the 30th of April the waitlist will be reconsidered.
3) She won't budge on any details regarding adcom meetings, or any possible discrepancy between this year's process and last year's.

Displacement=0 fellas

Reactions: 3 users
Allow me to service you with some peace of mind.

Called in just a minute ago. Badgered her. Results:
1) No waitlist movement happened this year on the 30th of April, and none happened prior.
2) She insisted that sometime after the 30th of April the waitlist will be reconsidered.
3) She won't budge on any details regarding adcom meetings, or any possible discrepancy between this year's process and last year's.

Displacement=0 fellas
So in other words there will be waitlist movement we just have no idea when it will be. Is there any way to tell how full the class is?

So in other words there will be waitlist movement we just have no idea when it will be. Is there any way to tell how full the class is?

I will call in using a different number soon, and badger some more. Everyone has a break-point.

I'll ask about the class, the spots, the dates again, my name, anything until I get a definitive answer.

But, for now, I believe your interpretation is correct. Although some peeps on here are claiming earlier waves of WL movements, which contradicts what the admissions told me.

It's true! I was accepted off the WL in Feb as were others

Awkward... When I called in to ask, they told me nobody on the waitlists will be considered until after April 30...

But thanks, Ill take your word.

Curious! Im priority waitlist, whatever that implies, were you?

Back with an ad! Hello classmates. I am looking for a roommate. There is a potential for a 2 bed/2 bath condo in squirrel hill, very close to campus. I am moving in early (June) for PLM and PD classes. Please PM me if interested. Would prefer a female roommate. Thanks!

I wonder how much movement they expect this year.... Losing my mind very slowly with this eery silence. :wacky::banana::lol::boom::wtf:

I am calling them again, this is bananas!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone who is already accepted check the student directory and let us know how many students are listed? Someone on Last years thread was able to do that

Can someone please post the Facebook group link for our class? Thanks. I caved in and rejoined the big man fbk

Has everyone waitlisted still not heard anything yet? I'm really disappointed as I was expecting movement to occur much sooner after April 30th (they should know who all is committed to their school thus know how many they need to start pulling off the waitlist right??). I would really like to know whether I'll be going here or not because I need to start finding roommates/living arrangements at my other school if I don't get accepted here.

At this point, I'm just going to start to believing that Pitt probably over-accepted people from their initial batch... until there is a directory like last cycle that can prove me otherwise.

At this point, I'm just going to start to believing that Pitt probably over-accepted people from their initial batch... until there is a directory like last cycle that can prove me otherwise.
I'm giving it until this coming Monday before I lose all hope. Based off of last year's thread there was no post April 30th movement until the 3rd Monday of May which would be next week...I'm hoping that maybe everyone just held onto their acceptances until April 30th and the adcom is just waiting until Monday to do next batch of acceptances...could all just be wishful thinking though :/

I'm giving it until this coming Monday before I lose all hope. Based off of last year's thread there was no post April 30th movement until the 3rd Monday of May which would be next week...I'm hoping that maybe everyone just held onto their acceptances until April 30th and the adcom is just waiting until Monday to do next batch of acceptances...could all just be wishful thinking though :/
Yeah maybe the class is full, who knows

Is Pitt receptive to calls from reapplicants asking what they can improve on for the next cycle? I know there are some schools that explicitly tell you that they won't answer those questions.

I just got accepted off the waitlist! so there are at least some open spots! Don't give up hope!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist! so there are at least some open spots! Don't give up hope!!

Congrats!

Mind telling us whether you got the notification by email? Call? Portal?

I wonder if they send a batch out or accept one by one? And congrats !