2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, sorry if this has been asked before - tried searching and couldn't find an answer (either on SDN or on Pitt's website). I've been looking at COA for other schools and it seems it goes up significantly in 3rd and 4th year (some are as high as $90k........). Does anyone know where we can find the COA across all four years for Pitt? Their financial aid website only lists 1st year COA. Thanks so much!!

Hey friends, sorry if this has been asked before - tried searching and couldn't find an answer (either on SDN or on Pitt's website). I've been looking at COA for other schools and it seems it goes up significantly in 3rd and 4th year (some are as high as $90k........). Does anyone know where we can find the COA across all four years for Pitt? Their financial aid website only lists 1st year COA. Thanks so much!!

From my interview day packet, sorry it's sideways haha

ImageUploadedBySDN1489683564.611026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone contacted admissions office regarding next round of acceptance from WLs? I hope that admissions committee will meet soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we can bring family or SOs to second look?
The school sponsored second look events are just for accepted students, but I definitely recommend bringing family and especially your SO with you to visit Pittsburgh! I brought my partner to last year's SL and she explored the city while I was at the events during the day, and then came with me to an evening social activity for students.

Reactions: 1 users
The school sponsored second look events are just for accepted students, but I definitely recommend bringing family and especially your SO with you to visit Pittsburgh! I brought my partner to last year's SL and she explored the city while I was at the events during the day, and then came with me to an evening social activity for students.
Sounds good thanks for responding. Were you hosted by a student or did you use airbnb?

Sounds good thanks for responding. Were you hosted by a student or did you use airbnb?
I'm bringing my husband to second look weekend. He's going to explore Pittsburgh during the scheduled events on Friday. Staying in an AirBNB.

I stayed at an airbnb in Squirrel Hill, they're pretty affordable in most neighborhoods. Students probably won't be able to host more than one person, but no harm in asking the hosting coordinators if theres's anyone willing to put up a couple traveling together!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's too late to send a LOI/update letter to Pitt? I was trying to hold off until I heard back from 1 other dream school but they aren't releasing decisions until the 31st. (I also think it's unlikely I will be accepted to said dream school...)

Do you guys think it's too late to send a LOI/update letter to Pitt? I was trying to hold off until I heard back from 1 other dream school but they aren't releasing decisions until the 31st. (I also think it's unlikely I will be accepted to said dream school...)

I don't think it is too late as everything is worth trying for at the point.I think the general consensus on here is that there might be one more wave of acceptances *based on last year's trend* before the April 30th deadline.

I stayed at an airbnb in Squirrel Hill, they're pretty affordable in most neighborhoods. Students probably won't be able to host more than one person, but no harm in asking the hosting coordinators if theres's anyone willing to put up a couple traveling together!

I'm bringing my husband to second look weekend. He's going to explore Pittsburgh during the scheduled events on Friday. Staying in an AirBNB.

Thanks for your inputs folks, and hopefully we will run into each other at Pitt :)

Hey -- Is anyone on here planning on trying to go to both Pitt and Sinai's second look weekends. They overlap on Friday, so I was wondering if anyone has figured this out. Thanks!

I feel like there may not be any more acceptances until after the second look

Withdrew today, sadly. Hopefully this lets one more of you go to SLW! I loved Pitt but likely heading to Mayo. Good luck to you WLers! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Hi, I was wondering what the average day looks like for an MS1 or MS2? I looked on the website and in the folder, they gave us on interview day, but I can't find anything. I have read up on the curriculum, but I am specifically wondering about what time you guys start and end lectures each day and how much time is dedicated to PBL outside of lecture? Thanks in advance.
+1

Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm we have all needed forms in for aid?
And if those extra things they listed are separate from the fafsa and CSS and where to send them?

Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm we have all needed forms in for aid?
And if those extra things they listed are separate from the fafsa and CSS and where to send them?
I just asked someone in financial aid directly and they confirmed they had all my forms.

Did they say anything about when we can expect to get out financial aid award?
No, but the first year that called me said they send them before second look so that we can discuss it with them while we are there. I can't confirm the accuracy of that claim though lol.

No, but the first year that called me said they send them before second look so that we can discuss it with them while we are there. I can't confirm the accuracy of that claim though lol.
Sounds good - thanks.

Have any accepted students gotten the pre-matriculation requirements yet?

Last year I was second tier, and sent a good deal of updates. Unfortunately it didn't pan out, but at least this year I jumped a tier at Pitt. I was advised to send a meaningful update, and would assume things still fxn the same.

Last year I was second tier, and sent a good deal of updates. Unfortunately it didn't pan out, but at least this year I jumped a tier at Pitt. I was advised to send a meaningful update, and would assume things still fxn the same.
That's what I thought, thanks!

If any of you are planning on doing any of the summer programs and your lease for the school year doesn't start till August, I'm an undergrad here subletting my apartment from May 1-July 31. PM me for more info if you're interested :)

Has anyone ever made it off the second tier waitlist? If not, why not reject outright?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!! I look forward to joining everyone here who plans on going to Pitt!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! Did they just email you?

Congrats!! Wonderful news.

Did you get the notification today? via email?

Thank you! And yep, this morning. I got accepted through the PSTP, though, so this isn't part of a larger acceptance wave, although I can't imagine it will be much longer until that comes around!

Reactions: 9 users
Man, heart just dropped thinking I missed the next wave. Congrats on the acceptance!

Reactions: 5 users
Time for SDN to differentiate itself from FB via a double like fxn

Man, heart just dropped thinking I missed the next wave. Congrats on the acceptance!

All things considered, is it just me being neurotic or has Pitt been eerily quieter compared to previous years? :s

Reactions: 3 users
All things considered, is it just me being neurotic or has Pitt been eerily quieter compared to previous years? :s
I agree with you that it feels like Pitt has been too quiet for this time of the year. Not sure what is going on!!! It definitely is making me sleepless!