You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted785918
I did not receive the email!
Does anyone know if we can bring family or SOs to second look?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got that account email after being rejected IN SEPTEMBER...
Hey friends, sorry if this has been asked before - tried searching and couldn't find an answer (either on SDN or on Pitt's website). I've been looking at COA for other schools and it seems it goes up significantly in 3rd and 4th year (some are as high as $90k........). Does anyone know where we can find the COA across all four years for Pitt? Their financial aid website only lists 1st year COA. Thanks so much!!
Hey friends, sorry if this has been asked before - tried searching and couldn't find an answer (either on SDN or on Pitt's website). I've been looking at COA for other schools and it seems it goes up significantly in 3rd and 4th year (some are as high as $90k........). Does anyone know where we can find the COA across all four years for Pitt? Their financial aid website only lists 1st year COA. Thanks so much!!
From my interview day packet, sorry it's sideways haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@alcoholdehydrogenase69 you're brilliant, thank you!!
Anyone contacted admissions office regarding next round of acceptance from WLs? I hope that admissions committee will meet soon.
@alcoholdehydrogenase69 you're brilliant, thank you!!
Anything for a fellow pasta lover
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The school sponsored second look events are just for accepted students, but I definitely recommend bringing family and especially your SO with you to visit Pittsburgh! I brought my partner to last year's SL and she explored the city while I was at the events during the day, and then came with me to an evening social activity for students.Does anyone know if we can bring family or SOs to second look?
Sounds good thanks for responding. Were you hosted by a student or did you use airbnb?The school sponsored second look events are just for accepted students, but I definitely recommend bringing family and especially your SO with you to visit Pittsburgh! I brought my partner to last year's SL and she explored the city while I was at the events during the day, and then came with me to an evening social activity for students.
I'm bringing my husband to second look weekend. He's going to explore Pittsburgh during the scheduled events on Friday. Staying in an AirBNB.Sounds good thanks for responding. Were you hosted by a student or did you use airbnb?
I stayed at an airbnb in Squirrel Hill, they're pretty affordable in most neighborhoods. Students probably won't be able to host more than one person, but no harm in asking the hosting coordinators if theres's anyone willing to put up a couple traveling together!Sounds good thanks for responding. Were you hosted by a student or did you use airbnb?
Do you guys think it's too late to send a LOI/update letter to Pitt? I was trying to hold off until I heard back from 1 other dream school but they aren't releasing decisions until the 31st. (I also think it's unlikely I will be accepted to said dream school...)
Do you guys think it's too late to send a LOI/update letter to Pitt? I was trying to hold off until I heard back from 1 other dream school but they aren't releasing decisions until the 31st. (I also think it's unlikely I will be accepted to said dream school...)
I don't think it is too late as everything is worth trying for at the point.I think the general consensus on here is that there might be one more wave of acceptances *based on last year's trend* before the April 30th deadline.
I stayed at an airbnb in Squirrel Hill, they're pretty affordable in most neighborhoods. Students probably won't be able to host more than one person, but no harm in asking the hosting coordinators if theres's anyone willing to put up a couple traveling together!
I'm bringing my husband to second look weekend. He's going to explore Pittsburgh during the scheduled events on Friday. Staying in an AirBNB.
Thanks for your inputs folks, and hopefully we will run into each other at Pitt 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting for the next round of acceptances like it's my job
I have sdn open on my work computer and refresh every couple of hours.... It is like a drug!Waiting for the next round of acceptances like it's my job
I have sdn open on my work computer and refresh every couple of hours.... It is like a drug!
Waiting for the next round of acceptances like it's my job
^^ Same!
Waiting for the next round of acceptances like it's my job
I feel.
^^ Same!
Lol! Add me to the list!!!
I hope we 5 all get in next wave!!
I hope adcom meets soon...
I want to call but I don't want to annoy them....I hope adcom meets soon...
Withdrew today, sadly. Hopefully this lets one more of you go to SLW! I loved Pitt but likely heading to Mayo. Good luck to you WLers! 🙂
thanks and good luck!Withdrew today, sadly. Hopefully this lets one more of you go to SLW! I loved Pitt but likely heading to Mayo. Good luck to you WLers! 🙂
+1Hi, I was wondering what the average day looks like for an MS1 or MS2? I looked on the website and in the folder, they gave us on interview day, but I can't find anything. I have read up on the curriculum, but I am specifically wondering about what time you guys start and end lectures each day and how much time is dedicated to PBL outside of lecture? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just asked someone in financial aid directly and they confirmed they had all my forms.Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm we have all needed forms in for aid?
And if those extra things they listed are separate from the fafsa and CSS and where to send them?
Did they say anything about when we can expect to get out financial aid award?I just asked someone in financial aid directly and they confirmed they had all my forms.
No, but the first year that called me said they send them before second look so that we can discuss it with them while we are there. I can't confirm the accuracy of that claim though lol.Did they say anything about when we can expect to get out financial aid award?
Sounds good - thanks.No, but the first year that called me said they send them before second look so that we can discuss it with them while we are there. I can't confirm the accuracy of that claim though lol.
should I bother sending in an update letter/LOI? I'm second tier 🙁
Last year I was second tier, and sent a good deal of updates. Unfortunately it didn't pan out, but at least this year I jumped a tier at Pitt. I was advised to send a meaningful update, and would assume things still fxn the same.
That's what I thought, thanks!Last year I was second tier, and sent a good deal of updates. Unfortunately it didn't pan out, but at least this year I jumped a tier at Pitt. I was advised to send a meaningful update, and would assume things still fxn the same.
I feel.
![]()
Ahh are you me??
Hoping to get off the first tier waitlist here too...
Accepted!! I look forward to joining everyone here who plans on going to Pitt!
Congrats! Did they just email you?Accepted!! I look forward to joining everyone here who plans on going to Pitt!
Congrats!! Wonderful news.Accepted!! I look forward to joining everyone here who plans on going to Pitt!
Did you get the notification today? via email?
Congrats! Did they just email you?
Congrats!! Wonderful news.
Did you get the notification today? via email?
Thank you! And yep, this morning. I got accepted through the PSTP, though, so this isn't part of a larger acceptance wave, although I can't imagine it will be much longer until that comes around!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man, heart just dropped thinking I missed the next wave. Congrats on the acceptance!
Can I like your comment more !?!?!?Man, heart just dropped thinking I missed the next wave. Congrats on the acceptance!
Time for SDN to differentiate itself from FB via a double like fxn
Man, heart just dropped thinking I missed the next wave. Congrats on the acceptance!
All things considered, is it just me being neurotic or has Pitt been eerily quieter compared to previous years? :s
I agree with you that it feels like Pitt has been too quiet for this time of the year. Not sure what is going on!!! It definitely is making me sleepless!All things considered, is it just me being neurotic or has Pitt been eerily quieter compared to previous years? :s
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K