You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well at least we know to wait now ha.Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!
Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!
MVP, thank you for sharing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for sharing. Did they mention anything about next adcom meeting date? That might give an idea about more realistic date.Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!
Last time I talked to them (mid march), they mentioned about an adcom meeting at around April 5th. so, I am hoping to hear something from Pitt either this week or next week.
Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!
And so it continues
Anyone in town tonight for Second Look and want to meet up for drinks? PM me!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Financial aid award letter just came in ~45 minutes ago (via email)!
Just got my letter:
Your eligibility is as follows:
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: $40k
Additional Loans (Grad Plus, etc): $40k
Do I misunderstand, or does this mean my financial aid award is $0.00? In which case my total COA would be $80k x 4 = ~$320k?
If so, I'm glad I didn't waste money to attend second look.
Your eligibility is as follows:
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: $40k
Additional Loans (Grad Plus, etc): $40k
Do I misunderstand, or does this mean my financial aid award is $0.00? In which case my total COA would be $80k x 4 = ~$320k?
If so, I'm glad I didn't waste money to attend second look.
Withdrawing my application post-acceptance from here. Very tough decision, but I hope someone on here benefits! Good luck all!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do you guys think there will be some wait list movement because some people are picking other schools now? Or are we probably waiting till after the 30th now for anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrawing my application post-acceptance from here. Very tough decision, but I hope someone on here benefits! Good luck all!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you don't mind could you tell which school you are going to? Already sent you a PM
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry to hear that but... I definitely read that first sentence in Donald Trump twitter voice. Sad!HORRIBLE financial aid offer. Regret going to second look now... Anyways, good luck to whoever takes my spot.
Just got the financial aid offer back, looks like Pitt will be my home!
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that but... I definitely read that first sentence in Donald Trump twitter voice. Sad!
HAHA, thanks that's a compliment. 😉
Is anyone looking for a roommate for Darragh St apts or any other apartment in the 600$ range (750 w/utilities)? Not sure how to approach finding a roommate being from out of town, but if anyone needs someone quiet and happy to share notes/resources/anki decks I'd love to be considered.
Is anyone looking for a roommate for Darragh St apts or any other apartment in the 600$ range (750 w/utilities)? Not sure how to approach finding a roommate being from out of town, but if anyone needs someone quiet and happy to share notes/resources/anki decks I'd love to be considered.
You should probably try the Facebook group if you have an account. I am def planning on living in Darraugh as well, but mostly likely solo...
Is there any way to figure out how many offers have been made/how full the class is?
After the 30th they'll start updating the class of 2021 directory on one of the student portals.Is there any way to figure out how many offers have been made/how full the class is?
Which Facebook group have you been using? I've been told there is usually a Med class of XXXX one, but haven't seen it yet. There is a dental school one, too, but they haven't accepted my request yet.You should probably try the Facebook group if you have an account. I am def planning on living in Darraugh as well, but mostly likely solo...
See @94sccrfrk's post below. I don't have a fbk account, but I do know that one was made for second look...Which Facebook group have you been using? I've been told there is usually a Med class of XXXX one, but haven't seen it yet. There is a dental school one, too, but they haven't accepted my request yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm a current MS1 who has been using Firecracker throughout my first year to help me study and have really enjoyed it. Here's my referral link: http://mbsy.co/fTzzN
If you have any questions about how to use it, please let me know! if you are definitely coming to Pitt, we can meet up at the beginning of the year to talk through how to use it along with the classes.
If you have any questions about how to use it, please let me know! if you are definitely coming to Pitt, we can meet up at the beginning of the year to talk through how to use it along with the classes.
Withdrew earlier this week due to other acceptances. Good luck to those on the waitlist!
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
After the 30th, typically how long until waitlist movement occurs?
last year, waitlist movement happened on the 30th.
@aksks I I just wanted to say that I clicked on your comment and saw your byline quote, while I just happen to be watching the office lol.last year, waitlist movement happened on the 30th.
Just withdrew! I hope someone on the waitlist gets an offer!
Can you specifically tell them to give me your spot 🙂Just withdrew! I hope someone on the waitlist gets an offer!
P
Piroshky
I also withdrew recently! best of luck to those waiting!
DibsI also withdrew recently! best of luck to those waiting!
Hey Future Classmates, how did you confirm that you are going to pitt? Did you send in a reconfirmation email to admissions or just withdrew from elsewhere and left it at that?
Hey Future Classmates, how did you confirm that you are going to pitt? Did you send in a reconfirmation email to admissions or just withdrew from elsewhere and left it at that?
I think as long as you did the Matriculation Survey on the portal after acceptance and withdrew all other acceptances at this point, you should be good.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So are we expecting waitlist movement this week?
So are we expecting waitlist movement this week?
One can only hope... (in desperation)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone remember what time they usually come out with acceptances? I have finals today but of course I keep on flipping back to here so I just wanna plan so I wanna just plan ahead lol
Has anyone heard anything yet?
maybe the committee is meeting today or sometime later this week then more decisions will be announced? because april 30 was yesterday, today is the actual traffic day as it's the first business day following april 30th.
Thats what I was thinking, I doubt there will be anything until later this weekmaybe the committee is meeting today or sometime later this week then more decisions will be announced? because april 30 was yesterday, today is the actual traffic day as it's the first business day following april 30th.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K