2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Spoke to the admissions office today and they said to not expect another wave of acceptances until after April 30th!
Thanks for sharing. Did they mention anything about next adcom meeting date? That might give an idea about more realistic date.

Last time I talked to them (mid march), they mentioned about an adcom meeting at around April 5th. so, I am hoping to hear something from Pitt either this week or next week.

Reactions: 1 user

And so it continues

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Have any of the accepted students received financial aid information yet? I know someone mentioned that they like to get it out before second look

Anyone in town tonight for Second Look and want to meet up for drinks? PM me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Financial aid award letter just came in ~45 minutes ago (via email)!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my letter:

Your eligibility is as follows:
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: $40k
Additional Loans (Grad Plus, etc): $40k

Do I misunderstand, or does this mean my financial aid award is $0.00? In which case my total COA would be $80k x 4 = ~$320k?

If so, I'm glad I didn't waste money to attend second look.

I believe so. Mine included a line for a ~$5000/yr scholarship, so I'd assume if that isn't included then you weren't awarded one.

Pitt financial aid office be like
41735cf1a85ce64f4a421aeb221d32cb.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
I got very little aid from them as well so im withdrawing. Good luck to everyone here, and hopefully someone will pick up my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my application post-acceptance from here. Very tough decision, but I hope someone on here benefits! Good luck all!

Do you guys think there will be some wait list movement because some people are picking other schools now? Or are we probably waiting till after the 30th now for anything?

When is the deposit due? I'm currently on T1 just trying to gage when another wave of movement could happen. Thanks!

HORRIBLE financial aid offer. Regret going to second look now... Anyways, good luck to whoever takes my spot.

HORRIBLE financial aid offer. Regret going to second look now... Anyways, good luck to whoever takes my spot.
Sorry to hear that but... I definitely read that first sentence in Donald Trump twitter voice. Sad!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the financial aid offer back, looks like Pitt will be my home!

Last edited:
Is anyone looking for a roommate for Darragh St apts or any other apartment in the 600$ range (750 w/utilities)? Not sure how to approach finding a roommate being from out of town, but if anyone needs someone quiet and happy to share notes/resources/anki decks I'd love to be considered.

Very generous aid package - Pitt will be home for the next 4 years!

Is anyone looking for a roommate for Darragh St apts or any other apartment in the 600$ range (750 w/utilities)? Not sure how to approach finding a roommate being from out of town, but if anyone needs someone quiet and happy to share notes/resources/anki decks I'd love to be considered.

You should probably try the Facebook group if you have an account. I am def planning on living in Darraugh as well, but mostly likely solo...

Is there any way to figure out how many offers have been made/how full the class is?

You should probably try the Facebook group if you have an account. I am def planning on living in Darraugh as well, but mostly likely solo...
Which Facebook group have you been using? I've been told there is usually a Med class of XXXX one, but haven't seen it yet. There is a dental school one, too, but they haven't accepted my request yet.

Type in Pitt Med Second Look 2017 & you should find it

Which Facebook group have you been using? I've been told there is usually a Med class of XXXX one, but haven't seen it yet. There is a dental school one, too, but they haven't accepted my request yet.
See @94sccrfrk's post below. I don't have a fbk account, but I do know that one was made for second look...

Hey everyone! I'm a current MS1 who has been using Firecracker throughout my first year to help me study and have really enjoyed it. Here's my referral link: http://mbsy.co/fTzzN

If you have any questions about how to use it, please let me know! if you are definitely coming to Pitt, we can meet up at the beginning of the year to talk through how to use it along with the classes.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew earlier this week due to other acceptances. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

After the 30th, typically how long until waitlist movement occurs?

Just withdrew! I hope someone on the waitlist gets an offer!

Hey Future Classmates, how did you confirm that you are going to pitt? Did you send in a reconfirmation email to admissions or just withdrew from elsewhere and left it at that?

Hey Future Classmates, how did you confirm that you are going to pitt? Did you send in a reconfirmation email to admissions or just withdrew from elsewhere and left it at that?

I think as long as you did the Matriculation Survey on the portal after acceptance and withdrew all other acceptances at this point, you should be good.

So nervous .... Good luck everyone who is still waitlisted :)

Does anyone remember what time they usually come out with acceptances? I have finals today but of course I keep on flipping back to here so I just wanna plan so I wanna just plan ahead lol

Has anyone heard anything yet?

maybe the committee is meeting today or sometime later this week then more decisions will be announced? because april 30 was yesterday, today is the actual traffic day as it's the first business day following april 30th.

maybe the committee is meeting today or sometime later this week then more decisions will be announced? because april 30 was yesterday, today is the actual traffic day as it's the first business day following april 30th.
Thats what I was thinking, I doubt there will be anything until later this week