2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here is what I found for 18-19 tuition at AZCOM and it does increases.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• AZCOM_AZ1819 final.pdf
    239.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DO Schools Tuition Comparison for First Year.pdf
    240.2 KB · Views: 77
AZCOM finally rejected me preII! 510, 3.2 gpa. complete June 2017.

saves me from monstrous tuition. best of luck, all!

Reactions: 1 user
Will be withdrawing my acceptance off the alternate list. I hope it goes to one you guys. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm man, thats very expensive.

Well I chose LA region for rotation since Im from LA so hopefully I save some money in my 3rd and 4th yr!

Next week should be the week because on May 15th, AACOMAS will send out the report of students with multiple deposits. These students will then have to decide which school they would like to attend.
Does this apply to other DO programs as well? I'm waiting to hear back from couple more programs.

Did anyone recently get off the waitlist? I just got a regional rotation email, and can now access the matriculation page on the portal..does this mean I'm in? Do they email you regarding acceptances?

Did anyone recently get off the waitlist? I just got a regional rotation email, and can now access the matriculation page on the portal..does this mean I'm in? Do they email you regarding acceptances?
Congrats! You got accepted then

Do you mind me asking when you interviewed and when you found out you were waitlisted? I am currently on the WL as well, and just trying to get a feel for the movement.

Just got the regional rotation email too!!! I was almost giving up matriculating this year...so excited.

Extra info for those that are curious:
Interviewed end of February. Gpa 3.67 MCAT 506. Originally from AZ but currently living in the Midwest for the past year and a half for work.

Got off the WL on Friday. GPA 3.65 MCAT 506. Interviewed late Feb. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
To all the people that recently got off the waitlist, did you guys update them frequently? Sent a letter of intent?

To all the people that recently got off the waitlist, did you guys update them frequently? Sent a letter of intent?

I didn’t update them on anything. The only time I contacted them was about three weeks after my interview to see what the status was. I was literally in the middle of writing a LOI when I got the email though.

I wonder how much progress is being made on the WL. Would love to get an email soon. Anyone else hear back?

If you look at previous threads movement continues throughout the summer. Take a pause, calm down, and be patient.

I wonder how much progress is being made on the WL. Would love to get an email soon. Anyone else hear back?

After May 15th, AZCOM and other DO schools will receive the list of candidates that have put multiple deposits into several schools. These candidates will be asked to choose one school and forfeit their deposits at others. I hope you will be able to hear back by end of the week or next week. From what I heard so far, the class is currently full. But anything could happen! Just wait!!!!

Hopefully there's more movement soon. I withdrew my application from the alternate list. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully there's more movement soon. I withdrew my application from the alternate list. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Thanks for doing that! I feel like a lot of people are hanging out on the waitlist who have already accepted offers elsewhere.

I just spoke to an admissions counselor who said there has been very little movement on the alternate list thus far and there are over 200 people on said list... definitely not the optimistic vibe I got last time I called.

Soooooo the wait continues

The movement has been super slow for a lot of schools this cycle... unfortunate

I just spoke to an admissions counselor who said there has been very little movement on the alternate list thus far and there are over 200 people on said list... definitely not the optimistic vibe I got last time I called.

Soooooo the wait continues
Is AZCOM a top choice for you? It looks like you already have acceptances elsewhere... why worry about a school with outrageously expensive tuition?

Is AZCOM a top choice for you? It looks like you already have acceptances elsewhere... why worry about a school with outrageously expensive tuition?
I agree with you about outrageously expensive tuition part, but AZCOM is one of the best DO programs (to specialize) in the US so Im pretty sure there are many people who are hoping to get into this school.

Yeah it is expensive but I really vibed with this school on interview day, more than any of my other interviews. Really felt like I would fit here well. and as Sammmmmy said it seems they have greater resources available to students that want to specialize, they've been around for awhile, they have good match lists and board scores. I like the idea of being at a school with a more college campus-ey atmosphere and AZCOM has that but with only health professions programs (score)

I'm still waiting for an official spot from AT Still as well so between the two I'm not sure which one I would choose, mostly because the money factor does matter to me and I don't know if the additional cost is worth those qualitative things. But I'd still rather go to either AZ school than RVU UT which is where I have a deposit now. So yes, AZCOM is still a top choice for me!

Does it affect your chances of being pulled off the WL for one school if you have already deposited to another school? Any thoughts? I know the schools just received a list of those who have deposited on the 15th. Just wondering.

Does it affect your chances of being pulled off the WL for one school if you have already deposited to another school? Any thoughts? I know the schools just received a list of those who have deposited on the 15th. Just wondering.
No - if you have multiple deposits you have to pick one.

Does anyone have any idea about how the alternate list movement works? Their facebook page has 202 members but I am sure they have accepted more people than that. I know the class size is 250. I know they say that the list is not ranked. So I am wondering how much of the class is filled and how many people are on the alternate list. I interviewed in December and got my answer back in late December or early January I think. I noticed that some people who interviewed in February were recently pulled from the waitlist. I am wondering if I should update them or not about what I have been up to.

Does anyone have any idea about how the alternate list movement works? Their facebook page has 202 members but I am sure they have accepted more people than that. I know the class size is 250. I know they say that the list is not ranked. So I am wondering how much of the class is filled and how many people are on the alternate list. I interviewed in December and got my answer back in late December or early January I think. I noticed that some people who interviewed in February were recently pulled from the waitlist. I am wondering if I should update them or not about what I have been up to.

I do not know how it works, but I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday. I also interviewed late Feb, with a LM of ~66. I never updated them on anything because I didn't really have any major updates. Good luck, I know it is painful to be on the WL.

I do not know how it works, but I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday. I also interviewed late Feb, with a LM of ~66. I never updated them on anything because I didn't really have any major updates. Good luck, I know it is painful to be on the WL.

Do you mind telling me what your MCAT score was?

The actually class size is currently at 245. The FB group does not reflect every single student who is accepted, has joined the group. What you can do right now is to just wait and see what will happen in June. Last year, many people got off the WL in the first week or second week of June and some in first two weeks of July before the orientation. The class size could go up 257 as I heard from the students who just finished their first year at AZCOM said that their original class size was 257 but now 254.

In previous post, one student said that the admission office told him or her that the WL had about 200 students.

Has anyone had any experience with applying for on-campus housing this late in the year?

Does the school have any required equipment that I need to purchase before hand?

Otoscope, reflex hammer, and ophthalmoscope are the top 3 things we use for our Clinical Med class.

Stethoscope is provided to you during orientation.

They also suggest an eye chart, pen light, etc. but you dont need them your first year.

Has anyone had any experience with applying for on-campus housing this late in the year?
yes, it is full. I just spoke with someone about it the other day because I was going to apply. The FB group has people looking for roomies, or a good friend of mine who is a 3rd year here suggested san prado or san lagos to me.

After hunting through this thread for the last hour, I couldn’t help but notice repeat questions constitute an alarming percentage of posts. It would be more considerate for everyone to read through the previous posts before choosing to add their questions, because a lot of people haven’t had theirs answered at all—probably because of the clutter! *annoyingly tidy SDN roommate following after you with a feather duster*

Anyway, I just wanted to answer one of those questions concerning the waitlist movement by saying that there are probably several students like myself who are planning on attending AZCOM but either have a DO waitlist at a school they prefer or are waitlisted at MDs, and they would give the AZCOM acceptance up promptly if they got good news from another school. I loved everything about AZCOM except the cost and the fact that the DO degree is a solid investment but a little more uncertain now relative to MD due to the merger (and always due to lower GPA/MCAT averages as well as public awareness and perception). The broad DO mission and culture align very closely with my values, and I am feeling very excited to go to my favorite one out of those I interviewed at (4) and had the opportunity to interview at but declined after I was accepted here (3). I am already making plans to move to Arizona in the next few weeks, but I could be informed right before orientation that I’m accepted in a totally different state and have to pack all my stuff up and move AGAIN. And I would do it in a heartbeat to ensure that I’m setting myself up for the best opportunities in the future. So unfortunately this is kind of a cruel musical chairs situation.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I withdrew my acceptance to this school on Friday, so there should be some wait list movement! Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
I will be taking my name off the alternate list since I accepted the offer in Chicago. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 5 users
Did any waitlisted folks get an email that their financial aid had been processed and their award letter? I don’t want to get excited buuuuuuuuut....