2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm new here and have a quick question. Recently interviewed at AZCOM a few weeks ago, just checked the portal and it shows required prerequisites under the applicant checklist and the bachelor's degree portion is satisfied with a green check next to it. Does anyone know if this means I have been waitlisted as well?
+1
Not sure the code has actually been cracked. If nothing else I think that can be taken as an indication that we will probably hear soon...hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

+1
Not sure the code has actually been cracked. If nothing else I think that can be taken as an indication that we will probably hear soon...hopefully.
Called admissions. I have the same thing and they said I’ve been put on the alternate list since the class is currently full. Now we wait even more...

Called admissions. I have the same thing and they said I’ve been put on the alternate list since the class is currently full. Now we wait even more...
I wonder if the red X next to "bachelors degree" is a sign that we've been admitted then.

Members don't see this ad :)
you have the green checkmark next to bachelors?
I wonder if the red X next to "bachelors degree" is a sign that we've been admitted then.
for every prior interview group that meant waitlist

Difference between alternate list and waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
The green check or red x?
Or are both indicators of a position on the alternate list?

In the past, has everyone who interviewed been notified regarding their status even if they got put on an alternate list? I'd like to call but not if I'm gonna get an email within a day or two.

In the past, has everyone who interviewed been notified regarding their status even if they got put on an alternate list? I'd like to call but not if I'm gonna get an email within a day or two.
They’ll send a letter if you were put on the alternate list I believe. They call and email if you are accepted. Correct me if I’m wrong if anyone knows otherwise

you have the green checkmark next to bachelors?

for every prior interview group that meant waitlist
Yes I have the green check mark. Not sure why there is a difference/what the difference between them is though...there being a red x or a green check I mean.

Yes I have the green check mark. Not sure why there is a difference/what the difference between them is though...there being a red x or a green check I mean.
That only leaves two possibilities: green checkmark means waitlisted and red X means accepted, or it's just a random thing in their system. I suspect the latter.

I went ahead and called. I got put on the alternate list. I also have a green checkmark next to bachelor's degree.

I went ahead and called. I got put on the alternate list. I also have a green checkmark next to bachelor's degree.
Interesting. Maybe it isn't random then. After all, we now have a sample size of 2! I kind of want to call...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to add my data to the sample size:

Interviewed 3/16
Checked the portal today and I do not have access to the accepted checklist but I have a red X next to Bachelor's Degree.
No email or phone call

I just called. I was also waitlisted.

Interesting. Maybe it isn't random then. After all, we now have a sample size of 2! I kind of want to call...
Green check. Called and am alternate list.

There are 200 people on that list also...

Is it ranked? How does the process of pulling people off work?
I think it’s the same as when they review recently interviewed applicants. We all get out in the same pool and they pick. I would assume they have some sort of ranking while we sit on the list though to make it easier

Sounds like they have two lists? A waitlist and an alternative list? Is that the difference for whether you have a green checkmark or red x?

There is no difference between waitlist and alternate list. It's the same thing.

The class is full :eek::eek: I guess there is no hope for those who are on a pre-II waitlist?
I was waitlisted back in July. :(:(

Last edited:
I think the school's stats have been pretty impressive for a while. It's cool to see.

I'm alternate/wait listed and I have a green check next to everything. I think that green and red check thing is just based on whether or not you had a bachelor's prior to submitting your app

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone on the alternate list, keep your heads up. I was pulled from the alternate list three weeks before orientation. AZCOM tends to have a bit of alternate list movement

Reactions: 3 users
I'm alternate/wait listed and I have a green check next to everything. I think that green and red check thing is just based on whether or not you had a bachelor's prior to submitting your app
Not true for me. I have mine and I had a red X.

The check or x should not be an indicator. It's just saying that they have received proof of your bachelor's. I'm accepted and have a red x next to my bachelor's in the accepted students checklist. I'm pretty sure having the accepted students checklist is what matters.

Withdrew my acceptance on Tuesday. Hope it goes to one of you!

Question for anyone who can answer! So i was offered an interview at azcom back a little while ago and had to decline due to financial and family stuff. If i dont get in this year am i screwed for next year since i declined an interview? Thanks
I think you'll be applying as a reapplicant next year, which will make it harder to succeed here. But not impossible.

Question for anyone who can answer! So i was offered an interview at azcom back a little while ago and had to decline due to financial and family stuff. If i dont get in this year am i screwed for next year since i declined an interview? Thanks

You could have interviewed, accepted, and then requested to defer a year for financial reasons.

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is here at AZCOM?

Anyone know of any alternate list movement?
There are still several interview sessions from 04/23 to 04/27. The admission committee will meet again on early April to evaluate March candidates based on my conversation with the admission advisor. So I don’t think the alternative list movement will happen anytime soon. Now, all we can do is to hope that the seats to be opened up since the class is filled with more than 250 right now. I think most of us should be able to hear back around mid April to early July for an acceptance from the alternative list.

There are still several interview sessions from 04/23 to 04/27. The admission committee will meet again on early April to evaluate March candidates based on my conversation with the admission advisor. So I don’t think the alternative list movement will happen anytime soon. Now, all we can do is to hope that the seats to be opened up since the class is filled with more than 250 right now. I think most of us should be able to hear back around mid April to early July for an acceptance from the alternative list.
Hoping not too late or my move back to AZ from the Midwest via car is gonna be an interesting adventure...not to mention possibly having to burn bridges by not giving my current employer much notice :/

Best of luck to everyone.

Has anyone heard of people getting off the waitlist at AZCOM yet, specifically the Master's Students?

Has anyone heard of people getting off the waitlist at AZCOM yet, specifically the Master's Students?
None of us have heard anything from the admission yet. The Class of 2022 is currently full. I may have heard some people got rejected after the March Interview. So far, it is just a long wait. If you are in the master program at MWU AZ, please don't expect to hear back until late April or early May. But don't give up because there were many master students getting accepted in June and early July.

Hello colleagues,

I know most of you have posted your acceptance and withdrawal from AZCOM during this cycle in the previous posts. However, I believe you must have been accepted somewhere else since then. Therefore, may I ask for a favor if you can reply to my post whether you are accepted to AZCOM and planning to attend or you are accepted and considering to withdraw if your first choice of school is opened up, please?

I am doing this in hope of helping other fellow colleagues who are still waiting to hear back from AZCOM. Your kindly response is much appreciated.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to respond my post!

Sincerely

WL

What is the best time to send a letter of intent if you have been waitlisted?

What is the best time to send a letter of intent if you have been waitlisted?

what would a letter of intent accomplish?

The consensus on among SDN admissions staff is that LOIs are pretty useless unless you have already have an acceptance at a better program and you'll drop it if accepted here. And even then it only makes a marginal difference. My guess is that it makes an even smaller difference at a relatively large school like AZCOM. Takes my words with a grain of salt, however.

My app was complete here 7/27, waitlisted on 8/5. Just got an interview invite today, so there's still hope for anyone waiting for one!