2017-2018 East Carolina University (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! LM ~74. Complete 7/12

Edit: Just if anyone was curious, portal showed nothing & still says not processed, II was through email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Complete 7/20.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invitation this afternoon! I submitted my secondary very early (July 6th). Interview date options are in early September. I'd expect more invites should come within the next couple of days. Best of luck to everyone!

II! LizzyM- About 69. First time applicant, submitted July 6th.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you in state? Did u not get into Brody or Chapel Hill with a 513/4.0??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah IS, and lol, no I didn't get in. Must've been a really terrible app right? When I had my "why I didn't get in" call with Brody in 2016, he said he was surprised I didn't get more interviews than only Brody. Thanks... I guess haha.

I submitted a little late and with not enough clinical, shadowing, or honestly life experience. Showed in my app. I was pretty impatient and uninformed. Whole thing was rushed. Nobody's fault but mine.

Yeah IS, and lol, no I didn't get in. Must've been a really terrible app right? When I had my "why I didn't get in" call with Brody in 2016, he said he was surprised I didn't get more interviews than only Brody. Thanks... I guess haha.

I submitted a little late and with not enough clinical, shadowing, or honestly life experience. Showed in my app. I was pretty impatient and uninformed. Whole thing was rushed. Nobody's fault but mine.
you didn't even get an interview at UNC? wow, with those stats! :wideyed::wideyed:

Takes more than stats, and stats was about all I had

Easy to tell by the maturity and accountability in your posts that you've recognized the issues, and you're going to have no problem at all this time around! Cheers!

Reactions: 3 users
Easy to tell by the maturity and accountability in your posts that you've recognized the issues, and you're going to have no problem at all this time around! Cheers!

Thanks! Definitely feeling better this cycle.

Is anyone getting a message about "database problems" when accessing this secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Interview options are the first week of September. Best start to my weekend!

Has anyone had this update?

"Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail."

I have this as well... :eyebrow:
Better than my portal which says "Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience." Any thoughts?

Yeah mine says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Not sure what that means

For the record, reapplicant, complete 7/7, LizzyM around 68.5, gpa 3.83, MCAT 506. About 40 hrs shadowing, 150 clinical volunteer work, a bunch of community work, etc. Best of luck to everyone, and here's hoping for lots of II's this week!

Yeah mine says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Not sure what that means

For the record, reapplicant, complete 7/7, LizzyM around 68.5, gpa 3.83, MCAT 506. About 40 hrs shadowing, 150 clinical volunteer work, a bunch of community work, etc. Best of luck to everyone, and here's hoping for lots of II's this week!
Same status here. Re applicant gpa 3.89, mcat 514, shadowing 250 hours, 400+ hours of clinical volunteer work, lots of health outreach service. Very confused why they wouldn't even want to talk to me :(

Same status here. Re applicant gpa 3.89, mcat 514, shadowing 250 hours, 400+ hours of clinical volunteer work, lots of health outreach service. Very confused why they wouldn't even want to talk to me :(

Your app looks stellar, I'm sure you'll get an interview!

My application is extremely similar.... what do you think this status means??? it says "shortly"... but that email was friday... this doesn't feel "shortly"

My application is extremely similar.... what do you think this status means??? it says "shortly"... but that email was friday... this doesn't feel "shortly"
Mine didn't say shortly it said : "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Perhaps urs is higher priority than ppl with my status?

Mine didn't say shortly it said : "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Perhaps urs is higher priority than ppl with my status?
Hmm... so interesting, maybe it was just a random typo since its all entered in manually. It was on Friday so I would assume its probably meant to be the same update. Hopefully we all hear something soon! Best of luck:)

For those of you who have the app status that says, "Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail," I just received a II and I had this status since Friday! Hang in there everyone! MCAT 504, GPA 3.82, Extracurriculars out the wazoo.

For those of you who have the app status that says, "Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail," I just received a II and I had this status since Friday! Hang in there everyone! MCAT 504, GPA 3.82, Extracurriculars out the wazoo.
Congrats on the II !!! :) I got that exact status on Friday as well, praying for some good news by the end of the week. Are you a first time applicant? and when did you have your app complete?

Congrats on the II !!! :) I got that exact status on Friday as well, praying for some good news by the end of the week. Are you a first time applicant? and when did you have your app complete?
I am technically a second-time applicant although I never submitted a secondary and my app was complete at the beginning of July.

II earlier this morning. IS, complete 7/20.

My interview is scheduled for August 30. They gave us a choice of Aug. 29, 30, or 31.
What the heck. I got an interview 2 weeks ago and my dates were in September

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

II on 08/18

How was the interview for those who went today (not sure if there were also any before today)?

I had mine last week, it was awesome. Very relaxed atmosphere during the interview, low stress, and students and the dean of admissions answered all of our questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted to second glidey123 - mine was last week as well, and it was wonderful. The environment was very relaxed and the students were so friendly! It made me so excited to possibly attend Brody one day!!

Anyone re-apps receive an interview?

Reapplicant and EDP here

Early decision program. Is anyone else here EDP?

New update!

As of September 1, 2017 we have .....
  • Received 775 AMCAS applications
  • Received 384 Supplementary applications
  • Interviewed 40 applicants
  • Made 0 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

I submitted my application 8/22, when I check my application status it says Not Processed Yet. Was wondering how long it took other people for this status to change? And if anyone who has submitted around a similar time, what their application status is? Wondering if I shouldn't worry, or should email them and ask if something is wrong. Sorry if I'm being neurotic

I submitted my application 8/22, when I check my application status it says Not Processed Yet. Was wondering how long it took other people for this status to change? And if anyone who has submitted around a similar time, what their application status is? Wondering if I shouldn't worry, or should email them and ask if something is wrong. Sorry if I'm being neurotic
I don't think you should worry. This is their busiest time. Call the admissions office and ask to check the status of your application. The portal updates are always delayed. Your app might already be processed. They are very friendly about checking statuses.

I am in the same boat. They don't forget about anyone. Personally, I think its too early to call. I would wait at least until the end of the week if its bothering you. I had a friend who submitted in June, interviewed in Jan, and got in 4 weeks later. Brody moves at their own pace.