2017-2018 East Carolina University (Brody)

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you in state? Did u not get into Brody or Chapel Hill with a 513/4.0??


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah IS, and lol, no I didn't get in. Must've been a really terrible app right? When I had my "why I didn't get in" call with Brody in 2016, he said he was surprised I didn't get more interviews than only Brody. Thanks... I guess haha.

I submitted a little late and with not enough clinical, shadowing, or honestly life experience. Showed in my app. I was pretty impatient and uninformed. Whole thing was rushed. Nobody's fault but mine.
 
Yeah IS, and lol, no I didn't get in. Must've been a really terrible app right? When I had my "why I didn't get in" call with Brody in 2016, he said he was surprised I didn't get more interviews than only Brody. Thanks... I guess haha.

I submitted a little late and with not enough clinical, shadowing, or honestly life experience. Showed in my app. I was pretty impatient and uninformed. Whole thing was rushed. Nobody's fault but mine.
you didn't even get an interview at UNC? wow, with those stats! :wideyed::wideyed:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had this update?

"Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail."
 
Yeah mine says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Not sure what that means

For the record, reapplicant, complete 7/7, LizzyM around 68.5, gpa 3.83, MCAT 506. About 40 hrs shadowing, 150 clinical volunteer work, a bunch of community work, etc. Best of luck to everyone, and here's hoping for lots of II's this week!
 
Yeah mine says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Not sure what that means

For the record, reapplicant, complete 7/7, lizzym around 68.5, gpa 3.83, MCAT 506. About 40 hrs shadowing, 150 clinical volunteer work, a bunch of community work, etc. Best of luck to everyone, and here's hoping for lots of II's this week!
Same status here. Re applicant gpa 3.89, mcat 514, shadowing 250 hours, 400+ hours of clinical volunteer work, lots of health outreach service. Very confused why they wouldn't even want to talk to me 🙁
 
Same status here. Re applicant gpa 3.89, mcat 514, shadowing 250 hours, 400+ hours of clinical volunteer work, lots of health outreach service. Very confused why they wouldn't even want to talk to me 🙁
My application is extremely similar.... what do you think this status means??? it says "shortly"... but that email was friday... this doesn't feel "shortly"
 
My application is extremely similar.... what do you think this status means??? it says "shortly"... but that email was friday... this doesn't feel "shortly"
Mine didn't say shortly it said : "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Perhaps urs is higher priority than ppl with my status?
 
Mine didn't say shortly it said : "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. Thank you for your patience." Perhaps urs is higher priority than ppl with my status?
Hmm... so interesting, maybe it was just a random typo since its all entered in manually. It was on Friday so I would assume its probably meant to be the same update. Hopefully we all hear something soon! Best of luck🙂
 
For those of you who have the app status that says, "Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail," I just received a II and I had this status since Friday! Hang in there everyone! MCAT 504, GPA 3.82, Extracurriculars out the wazoo.
 
For those of you who have the app status that says, "Your application has been reviewed and is complete. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified shortly via e-mail," I just received a II and I had this status since Friday! Hang in there everyone! MCAT 504, GPA 3.82, Extracurriculars out the wazoo.
Congrats on the II !!! 🙂 I got that exact status on Friday as well, praying for some good news by the end of the week. Are you a first time applicant? and when did you have your app complete?
 
Congrats on the II !!! 🙂 I got that exact status on Friday as well, praying for some good news by the end of the week. Are you a first time applicant? and when did you have your app complete?
I am technically a second-time applicant although I never submitted a secondary and my app was complete at the beginning of July.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to second glidey123 - mine was last week as well, and it was wonderful. The environment was very relaxed and the students were so friendly! It made me so excited to possibly attend Brody one day!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my application 8/22, when I check my application status it says Not Processed Yet. Was wondering how long it took other people for this status to change? And if anyone who has submitted around a similar time, what their application status is? Wondering if I shouldn't worry, or should email them and ask if something is wrong. Sorry if I'm being neurotic
 
I submitted my application 8/22, when I check my application status it says Not Processed Yet. Was wondering how long it took other people for this status to change? And if anyone who has submitted around a similar time, what their application status is? Wondering if I shouldn't worry, or should email them and ask if something is wrong. Sorry if I'm being neurotic
I don't think you should worry. This is their busiest time. Call the admissions office and ask to check the status of your application. The portal updates are always delayed. Your app might already be processed. They are very friendly about checking statuses.
 
I submitted my application 8/22, when I check my application status it says Not Processed Yet. Was wondering how long it took other people for this status to change? And if anyone who has submitted around a similar time, what their application status is? Wondering if I shouldn't worry, or should email them and ask if something is wrong. Sorry if I'm being neurotic

I am in the same boat. They don't forget about anyone. Personally, I think its too early to call. I would wait at least until the end of the week if its bothering you. I had a friend who submitted in June, interviewed in Jan, and got in 4 weeks later. Brody moves at their own pace.