2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 7/17
Dates available for me were the first three weeks of Nov, various Mondays and Fridays.

You're giving me hope! I was complete around the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who has already interviewed give some more details about the group interview? My interview is coming up and i'm unsure what to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has already interviewed give some more details about the group interview? My interview is coming up and i'm unsure what to expect.
You're in a room with two other applicants, two faculty, and one medical student (the same one who gives you a tour). Each faculty member or student asks a question and the interviewees take turns answering. The questions aren't super challenging, but I wasn't a fan of the group interview because it became obvious really quickly who the interviewers liked best out of the three.

Reactions: 3 users
Complete ~8/4 but no II and emory's my top choice! Silent rejection? (3.84/511)
It's definitely not time to worry yet. I know people from last cycle with 3.8+/518+ stats who didn't receive any II's until late October/early November. Keep your head up!

Reactions: 1 users
You're in a room with two other applicants, two faculty, and one medical student (the same one who gives you a tour). Each faculty member or student asks a question and the interviewees take turns answering. The questions aren't super challenging, but I wasn't a fan of the group interview because it became obvious really quickly who the interviewers liked best out of the three.

Anyone else think this interview format is savage? Just thinking about being in an interview with two other interviewees is nerve wracking.

Anyone else think this interview format is savage? Just thinking about being in an interview with two other interviewees is nerve wracking.
I got wrecked by the group interview. It sucked giving an answer and having the other interviewee's use your response to give an ultra elaborate response. Suffice it to say, I'm in no rush to check my mailbox for an acceptance come Oct-30.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe I just got lucky, but I didn't think the group interview was all that bad. The questions were very straightforward and mostly just about ourselves, and I didn't get the feeling that the interviewers favored one person over the others or that we were trying to one-up each other. It's a bit weird having to answer personal questions in front of strangers but other than that I thought it was ok.

Any chance that people who interviewed Oct 16 could potentially sneak in for the mail sending out on Oct 30? :p

Last edited:
Any chance that people who interviewed Oct 16 could potentially sneak in for the main sending out on Oct 30? :p
You probably will. I interviewed 10/20 and they said we would be included in the first wave of acceptances on Oct 30.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now! Complete 7/9, 3.95/515 with strong ties to the Atlanta area. Interview is for mid November

Reactions: 7 users
Hi! I am from the northeast and have never been to Atlanta, and am interviewing next month. I was wondering if any current students (or anyone else from the area) can tell me what Atlanta is like? Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am from the northeast and have never been to Atlanta, and am interviewing next month. I was wondering if any current students (or anyone else from the area) can tell me what Atlanta is like? Thank you so much in advance!
Huge bias as I'm from here, but I love Atlanta. We're very sprawled with terrible public transit. Emory is in fact in the suburbs but still considered part of metro Atlanta ("inside the perimeter"). The city is really growing as a tech, research, and healthcare hub thanks to Georgia Tech and Emory and general positive business growth. People are nice. Lots of hipsters, businesspeople, everything. It's very diverse, however there is a huge income gap meaning many underserved areas not far from ultra-wealthy areas (think of Grady downtown then Emory in Druid Hills). I think the area around Emory is generally pretty affordable though (I don't live that close), and definitely very safe. Great food, great parks, not far from beautiful north Georgia hiking. Mild winters, humid sweaty summers, but arguably some of the best fall and spring weather. So nice right now, I'm loving every minute and highly recommend it. Feel free to ask me any additional questions :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they accept updates (sorry if this has already been asked)

Does anyone know if they accept updates (sorry if this has already been asked)

You can update through the portal - I’ve been in touch with them a few times about this. You write whatever you want and press “send.” The nice thing is you can erase what you have written and/or add anything extra throughout the application process.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Has anyone complete August 9th heard back yet?
I was complete 7/21 and haven't heard anything yet either... I have some pretty strong ties so I hope I'll hear something good eventually (and you too :) ). Someone on reddit scraped last year's threads to make II timeline charts per school and it appears that Emory pretty consistently interviewed through March so I guess we've still got a ways to go.

I was complete 7/21 and haven't heard anything yet either... I have some pretty strong ties so I hope I'll hear something good eventually (and you too :) ). Someone on reddit scraped last year's threads to make II timeline charts per school and it appears that Emory pretty consistently interviewed through March so I guess we've still got a ways to go.
I guess no news really is good news. Thanks!

Has anyone complete August 9th heard back yet?
I was complete just before that and have heard nothing. I know they have a late interview season (they'll send invitations through March), so I'm not counting myself completely out. They probably stratify the apps, rate everyone, then slowly send IIs out in order of the ratings. Just a guess - every school does it somewhat differently, but that seems to be the theme.

Complete 7/11, and not a word. Plz luv me, Emory!

Reactions: 5 users
My apologies, that wasn't my intent
I think they were chastising Emory for adding yet another thing (mail) for you guys to check on top of the usual portal and email. That sucks... If you had a tracking number I'd try to intercept it before it left the ATL for you guys, haha :)

Oh whoops, I'm dumb hahaha. In previous threads they've said that the portals updated on the day the acceptances were sent (but I wouldn't put too much weight into it if it isn't there)

I think they were chastising Emory for adding yet another thing (mail) for you guys to check on top of the usual portal and email. That sucks... If you had a tracking number I'd try to intercept it before it left the ATL for you guys, haha :)

My apologies, that wasn't my intent

Hahaha @bootsandspooky is right, there’s nothing wrong with your comment xD, we’re all in this together. It’s those darn schools and their shenanigans >=| lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptances should be sent out today. Anybody's portal update?
I'm in the area and got my snail mail today! It says the admissions offer will be available on the portal starting at noon tomorrow! Good luck everybody!!!

Reactions: 8 users
I'm in the area and got my snail mail today! It says the admissions offer will be available on the portal starting at noon tomorrow! Good luck everybody!!!
Could you verify at noon that it did open for you?? Thanks :)

So I haven’t gotten any mail yet, but the Admission Offer tab is on the portal for me now and it says:

(The following offer is valid for applicants who have received an official acceptance letter in the mail.)
Congratulations on your acceptance to Emory School of Medicine.

So maybe a silly question but... does that mean I got in, or does everyone have that tab up now and it’s only meaningful for people with mail?

So I haven’t gotten any mail yet, but the Admission Offer tab is on the portal for me now and it says:

(The following offer is valid for applicants who have received an official acceptance letter in the mail.)
Congratulations on your acceptance to Emory School of Medicine.

So maybe a silly question but... does that mean I got in, or does everyone have that tab up now and it’s only meaningful for people with mail?
I didn’t get any mail and I don’t see this in my portal. Pls pray for me.

I GOT THE STATUS CHANGE!!!

Does anyone remember the dates they said they would send out acceptances? It was in the folder but I lost my folder

I have the admissions offer tab but haven't received my snail mail yet, so I called admissions. They said they only change the tab for people who are actually accepted and should be expecting letters in the mail this week. I have absolutely died and gone to heaven <3 <3 <3 good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone know if the portals update all at the same time? No change over here :( Interviewed 10/16

Ugh I feel so anxious for you guys waiting for portal changes. GOOD LUCK

For those of you who got acceptances, did anyone interview on Oct 16?