2017-2018 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any suggestion for stethoscope for M1s?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait until you start school. You won’t need it for several weeks. You will hear plenty advice on these types of things during orientation. But most of us have Littmans

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend just got an invite! Only dates offered to her were this Friday and Monday. Last day interviews are being conducted is Monday ( as per the email). So today or tomorrow might be the last invites!

My friend had her interview today. Seems like it went well. There were only a couple of students interviewing today since they were down to the last few interviewees. Today was the last day for interviews

An overwhelming majority of us use a Littmann Cardiology 3 or 4. The stethoscope that comes with the medical equipment kit isn't bad either, but isn't worth the asking price. DON'T BUY THE KIT, just buy a Littmann from Amazon and you'll be good to go.

email from FSU.

"I assure you that your application was carefully reviewed and given all due consideration, but the limited number of seats available prevents us from offering admission to many promising candidates. After careful evaluation, the Admissions Committee determined that we are unable to offer you a position in the 2018 entering class. This decision should not deter you from pursuit of your goal to study and practice medicine."

Until next cycle!

Anyone have any idea of how long their waitlist is? Friend of a friend just got in from the waitlist

Do you know how he/she was contacted? phone call, email? Was this person invited to the second look day last week?
Thanks in advanced

Just got in from the waitlist! Notified through email.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea of how long their waitlist is? Friend of a friend just got in from the waitlist

I read on a prior year's thread it was around 50 and they pulled ~20. I have no way of verifying that to be true though!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! I can't believe it!

Notified by email. Interviewed in April.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how the time period that FSU takes to pull people off the waitlist? I just want to know when I should start losing hope :arghh:

So I am assuming if nothing is heard this week, it's pretty much over?
Nope, not over till it's over. Friend who is an OB/GYN resident got into FSU COM the week of orientation.

Anyone know when we should be hearing about bridge?

Last edited:
Just accepted... Any current students have recommendations for housing? What about The Abby or Townhomes at 770?

Just accepted... Any current students have recommendations for housing? What about The Abby or Townhomes at 770?
Congrats! from the waitlist?!

Congrats to all new bridge students! You should have found out today if you were accepted into this select group of students! If you have any questions, I'm an M3 and Bridge alum

Officially rejected today post hold list. Interviewed in November.. sucks but still, I gotta DO what I gotta DO.
Best of luck to everyone still in the game. Peace

Congrats to all new bridge students! You should have found out today if you were accepted into this select group of students! If you have any questions, I'm an M3 and Bridge alum
Are you sure? I had a strong feeling that I was going to be admitted for this program. But maybe not and I haven’t received a rejection letter either. I’m on the hold list. So maybe there’s still hope for me!!

Are you sure? I had a strong feeling that I was going to be admitted for this program. But maybe not and I haven’t received a rejection letter either. I’m on the hold list. So maybe there’s still hope for me!!
1,000% positive. I have a few friends who found out about their Bridge acceptance yesterday and from talking to some of the adcoms at FSU yesterday, all the Bridge offers were accepted. Granted, that COULD change but it rarely happens. 2 people I know who accepted turned down multiple DO acceptances, so that goes to show you how competitive/awesome the program actually is.

Anyone still holding on to hope for the hold list that still has not been ranked, whatever that means :)

Anyone still holding on to hope for the hold list that still has not been ranked, whatever that means :)
I have very little hope. I've had complete silence since August

My anxiety level is on 10 right now lol I feel like I’m holding my breath

Is there a site where they're posting? I tried the FSUCOM housing site where people have posted, but most of those are already taken :/

The class facebook page (FSU College of Medicine - Class of 2022) is sublease central right now, and off the top of my head I'd recommend checking out Legacy Suites, Seminole Flatts, and University Village for places that are within walking distance to the COM

I was admitted off the waitlist about a week ago. I know some personally who was accepted the day before classes started, a few years ago. I’m not really sure it can be predicted until you hear either way.

Any folks have any tips or insight on how long it takes for Grad+ to drop? I got my undergrad amount pretty w
It's been about 10 days but it still doesn't show up on my portal's financial aid.

Anyone try to email admissions to get some insight on the hold list.

Hey guys, Im thinking of applying ED for FSU. I am not sure if I should though. Can I get some advice on this?

Hello hold list people! I called admissions and asked in acceptances are still going out (my email was down for some reason and so I decided to call and ask about hold list stuff. Completely forgot that I could also check the portal). The person who answered said that our statuses can still change at anytime, even 2 days before orientation so keep hope alive!

Officially rejected a few minutes ago. Post hold

Any folks have any tips or insight on how long it takes for Grad+ to drop? I got my undergrad amount pretty w
It's been about 10 days but it still doesn't show up on my portal's financial aid.
If you’re a current com student it takes awhile. Like 3-4 weeks usually. If you’re not a current student yet. Ie in the upcoming class that starts in a few weeks then you won’t get it until after classes start.

If you’re a current com student it takes awhile. Like 3-4 weeks usually. If you’re not a current student yet. Ie in the upcoming class that starts in a few weeks then you won’t get it until after classes start.
That's helpful! Thank you.

Tbh, I don’t know the Early Decision timeline. Someone else will be able to better assist you. I can take a look later today and give you my opinion.
I saw that scores are released July 31, but everything from the primary app must be submitted by aug 1. I am submitting my primary on June 1. But would the MCAT be released too late since it only gives 1 day to send to FSU?

I saw that scores are released July 31, but everything from the primary app must be submitted by aug 1. I am submitting my primary on June 1. But would the MCAT be released too late since it only gives 1 day to send to FSU?
I feel like applications aren't considered until the MCAT score is there, more efficient during the review process. MCAT holds a lot of weight in general. I think it's late, but if there is nothing you can do about it, then that's the way it is. that's my opinion, I don't know for sure.

I feel like applications aren't considered until the MCAT score is there, more efficient during the review process. MCAT holds a lot of weight in general. I think it's late, but if there is nothing you can do about it, then that's the way it is. that's my opinion, I don't know for sure.
Is it that early decision applicants are considered beginning aug 1?