-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Florida State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wait until you start school. You won’t need it for several weeks. You will hear plenty advice on these types of things during orientation. But most of us have Littmansany suggestion for stethoscope for M1s?
Congrats! And did they tell you when you would hear by?Got an II yesterday!For next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever called the admissions office for a status update on your app? If so, did they tell you anything?
They will not provide status over the phone. They will let you know that you can check the portalHas anyone ever called the admissions office for a status update on your app? If so, did they tell you anything?
Waitlisted!
Anyone know what any WL movement/chances are like?
Anyone know what any WL movement/chances are like?
any suggestion for stethoscope for M1s?
An overwhelming majority of us use a Littmann Cardiology 3 or 4. The stethoscope that comes with the medical equipment kit isn't bad either, but isn't worth the asking price. DON'T BUY THE KIT, just buy a Littmann from Amazon and you'll be good to go.
email from FSU.
"I assure you that your application was carefully reviewed and given all due consideration, but the limited number of seats available prevents us from offering admission to many promising candidates. After careful evaluation, the Admissions Committee determined that we are unable to offer you a position in the 2018 entering class. This decision should not deter you from pursuit of your goal to study and practice medicine."
Until next cycle!
"I assure you that your application was carefully reviewed and given all due consideration, but the limited number of seats available prevents us from offering admission to many promising candidates. After careful evaluation, the Admissions Committee determined that we are unable to offer you a position in the 2018 entering class. This decision should not deter you from pursuit of your goal to study and practice medicine."
Until next cycle!
Anyone have any idea of how long their waitlist is? Friend of a friend just got in from the waitlist
Do you know how he/she was contacted? phone call, email? Was this person invited to the second look day last week?
Thanks in advanced
*Rafiki voice* It starts.Just got in from the waitlist! Notified through email.
Anyone have any idea of how long their waitlist is? Friend of a friend just got in from the waitlist
I read on a prior year's thread it was around 50 and they pulled ~20. I have no way of verifying that to be true though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! I can't believe it!
Notified by email. Interviewed in April.
Notified by email. Interviewed in April.
Classes start very end of this monthDoes anyone know how the time period that FSU takes to pull people off the waitlist? I just want to know when I should start losing hope![]()
So I am assuming if nothing is heard this week, it's pretty much over?Classes start very end of this month
Nope, not over till it's over. Friend who is an OB/GYN resident got into FSU COM the week of orientation.So I am assuming if nothing is heard this week, it's pretty much over?
Now they knowEDIT: Deleted my post. Do ADCOMS know who I am? Right after I posted that, got an e-mail that I was rejected. Brb deleting my whole post history.
Now they know
Very true. Meh, doesn't matter now
Congrats! from the waitlist?!Just accepted... Any current students have recommendations for housing? What about The Abby or Townhomes at 770?
If you join the FB group (FSU College of Medicine - Class of 2022), you'll find some nice choices and recommendations! I know earlier in the thread there was a discussion of housing with some good recs as well. Welcome!Just accepted... Any current students have recommendations for housing? What about The Abby or Townhomes at 770?
Officially rejected today post hold list. Interviewed in November.. sucks but still, I gotta DO what I gotta DO.
Best of luck to everyone still in the game. Peace
Best of luck to everyone still in the game. Peace
Are you sure? I had a strong feeling that I was going to be admitted for this program. But maybe not and I haven’t received a rejection letter either. I’m on the hold list. So maybe there’s still hope for me!!Congrats to all new bridge students! You should have found out today if you were accepted into this select group of students! If you have any questions, I'm an M3 and Bridge alum
1,000% positive. I have a few friends who found out about their Bridge acceptance yesterday and from talking to some of the adcoms at FSU yesterday, all the Bridge offers were accepted. Granted, that COULD change but it rarely happens. 2 people I know who accepted turned down multiple DO acceptances, so that goes to show you how competitive/awesome the program actually is.Are you sure? I had a strong feeling that I was going to be admitted for this program. But maybe not and I haven’t received a rejection letter either. I’m on the hold list. So maybe there’s still hope for me!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have very little hope. I've had complete silence since AugustAnyone still holding on to hope for the hold list that still has not been ranked, whatever that means 🙂
Whadya mean ranked?Anyone still holding on to hope for the hold list that still has not been ranked, whatever that means 🙂
Is there a site where they're posting? I tried the FSUCOM housing site where people have posted, but most of those are already taken :/
The class facebook page (FSU College of Medicine - Class of 2022) is sublease central right now, and off the top of my head I'd recommend checking out Legacy Suites, Seminole Flatts, and University Village for places that are within walking distance to the COM
I was admitted off the waitlist about a week ago. I know some personally who was accepted the day before classes started, a few years ago. I’m not really sure it can be predicted until you hear either way.
Any folks have any tips or insight on how long it takes for Grad+ to drop? I got my undergrad amount pretty w
It's been about 10 days but it still doesn't show up on my portal's financial aid.
It's been about 10 days but it still doesn't show up on my portal's financial aid.
Hey guys, Im thinking of applying ED for FSU. I am not sure if I should though. Can I get some advice on this?
genuinely fit the missionHey guys, Im thinking of applying ED for FSU. I am not sure if I should though. Can I get some advice on this?
Hello hold list people! I called admissions and asked in acceptances are still going out (my email was down for some reason and so I decided to call and ask about hold list stuff. Completely forgot that I could also check the portal). The person who answered said that our statuses can still change at anytime, even 2 days before orientation so keep hope alive!
If you’re a current com student it takes awhile. Like 3-4 weeks usually. If you’re not a current student yet. Ie in the upcoming class that starts in a few weeks then you won’t get it until after classes start.Any folks have any tips or insight on how long it takes for Grad+ to drop? I got my undergrad amount pretty w
It's been about 10 days but it still doesn't show up on my portal's financial aid.
If I take MCAT June 29 is that too late for ED?genuinely fit the mission
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tbh, I don’t know the Early Decision timeline. Someone else will be able to better assist you. I can take a look later today and give you my opinion.If I take MCAT June 29 is that too late for ED?
That's helpful! Thank you.If you’re a current com student it takes awhile. Like 3-4 weeks usually. If you’re not a current student yet. Ie in the upcoming class that starts in a few weeks then you won’t get it until after classes start.
I saw that scores are released July 31, but everything from the primary app must be submitted by aug 1. I am submitting my primary on June 1. But would the MCAT be released too late since it only gives 1 day to send to FSU?Tbh, I don’t know the Early Decision timeline. Someone else will be able to better assist you. I can take a look later today and give you my opinion.
I feel like applications aren't considered until the MCAT score is there, more efficient during the review process. MCAT holds a lot of weight in general. I think it's late, but if there is nothing you can do about it, then that's the way it is. that's my opinion, I don't know for sure.I saw that scores are released July 31, but everything from the primary app must be submitted by aug 1. I am submitting my primary on June 1. But would the MCAT be released too late since it only gives 1 day to send to FSU?
Is it that early decision applicants are considered beginning aug 1?I feel like applications aren't considered until the MCAT score is there, more efficient during the review process. MCAT holds a lot of weight in general. I think it's late, but if there is nothing you can do about it, then that's the way it is. that's my opinion, I don't know for sure.
For next week