2017-2018 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you interviewed, what was it like? Who interviewed you? The COM's website doesn't have much that's helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they pretty much finished with II at this point?

Interviews are every Monday and Friday through the end of April. The admissions committee meets every Tuesday evening.

Reactions: 2 users
People who've been accepted, how did you send in your enrollment paperwork and how fast were they in updating the checklist?

does anyone know what anatomy book they use over the summer?

When I took anatomy it was Grants Dissector, but please don't try to read ahead. A lot of people try to study for anatomy before it starts. but it really doesn't work.

Reactions: 1 users
We still use Grant's. Saxappeal1 is on point. ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF AND STOP STRESSING. You will have plenty of time to deal with stress in the upcoming years. I didn't have any background in anatomy whatsoever, didn't prep at all before I started, and I passed without any problems. You can't really prep for it anyways because the majority of your grade is based on your performance on the lab practicals and CLC, both of which require you being present and hands-on learning. If you really have that much anxiety about going into it with no prep or just want an idea of what to expect, please PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if they have a Facebook page for accepted students?

Does anyone know the start date for this school? I want to send in an update but I will be out of the country till June 17th, and if that's after the start date I don't want to waste their time or mine. I heard something that it was the end of May but I don't know if that's true

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the start date for this school? I want to send in an update but I will be out of the country till June 17th, and if that's after the start date I don't want to waste their time or mine. I heard something that it was the end of May but I don't know if that's true
Classes start May 31. I feel you on that one. I may be having to cancel my summer graduation cruise... lol

Has anyone gotten an II recently? I understand they go out until April but I’m getting antsy

Classes start May 31. I feel you on that one. I may be having to cancel my summer graduation cruise... lol
I think that's a little fast, what about that last hoorah to get ready and be relaxed?

For those of you who have been accepted, from the looks of the previous acceptances on the thread they tend to send out acceptances on Thursday’s.... but what around time have you all gotten that email? I’m getting neurotic here... I interviewed on the 29th and they made it seem like we would definitely have a decision by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUST ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! At 12:39pm interviewed 1/29/18

Reactions: 8 users
So I was accepted a few weeks ago (yay) and I emailed them to make sure they received my paperwork required to hold my spot. Anyways, I got a response this Monday (2/12) and she also reminded me to have all of my immunizations in by March 1st! I didn’t know that and still don’t see it anywhere online, but I wanted to let you guys who have been accepted know that. I also got another email yesterday reminding me to send my immunizations in by March 1st. So get started on those TB skin tests if you haven’t since you need two and they have to be done a week apart.

Also for those interested, my stats are: 3.9 gpa, 505 MCAT, in state. And yes, like someone said above, I was also accepted on a Thursday.

II today to interview on Feb 23rd. Feel like I’m interviewing for the waitlist but I guess you never know. Already put money down on VCOM DO school with no other MD acceptances or IIs

II today to interview on Feb 23rd. Feel like I’m interviewing for the waitlist but I guess you never know. Already put money down on VCOM DO school with no other MD acceptances or IIs
Stats if you don’t mind? Patiently awaiting to hear from FSU

At least it's an MD II! I've had dead silence with FSU

Stats if you don’t mind? Patiently awaiting to hear from FSU
~3.8, 503, non traditional, research with a lead author pub, ER scribe with ~2500 hours, and other extra cirrics in outpatient ortho/pcp offices. Also from the panhandle

Hey! Don’t say that! you really never know, what’s meant to be will be. Before a couple of weeks ago, I was in the same boat... accepted to a DO school with money down and offered an interview at FSU which came as a total surprise to me & I just got accepted last Thursday ! Be yourself and stay positive !

Hey! Don’t say that! you really never know, what’s meant to be will be. Before a couple of weeks ago, I was in the same boat... accepted to a DO school with money down and offered an interview at FSU which came as a total surprise to me & I just got accepted last Thursday ! Be yourself and stay positive !

Haha thanks for the encouragement. Congrats! I’m happy with the DO school I’m signed up for now but the MD aspect is always tempting. It’s gonna be a tough choice though throwing away 2k I’ve already spent on seat deposit and apartment if I get accepted though

Does anyone know if the admissions committee actually reads your updates? Do they get notifications that a particular applicant sent in an update or does it go in limbo? haha

Does anyone else get the "Application process is closed for this year" when they try and access their application?

Does anyone else get the "Application process is closed for this year" when they try and access their application?
I didn’t get that message that I recall but couldn’t access my app, they are having technical difficulties

Expected more love from here with a 3.8+/505+ and being an FL resident. This game of admissions is so weird

Reactions: 2 users
To everyone who is feeling like they are interviewing for a waitlist spot,

I interviewed last cycle around this time in February. Half the people I interviewed with ended up getting accepted directly (I was put on hold). I also know of a few people who interviewed very late in the cycle in April and was accepted directly.

I know its easier said than done but you really just have to be positive and hope for the best. Everything is beyond our control right now so just try not to worry too much.

Expected more love from here with a 3.8+/505+ and being an FL resident. This game of admissions is so weird

FSU is not about stats, they’re really really strict on finding students that’d follow their mission. I have friends with a 4.0 and 520+ that didn’t get an II from here.

FSU is not about stats, they’re really really strict on finding students that’d follow their mission. I have friends with a 4.0 and 520+ that didn’t get an II from here.
Definitely agree with this. I had a 3.6, 519 and I'm an FSU alum and I've heard absolutely nothing.

Yeah I know, I also thought I fit their mission well. Not mad at them or anything-- they don't owe me an interview-- I just thought this was the one FL school I had the best shot at and I ended up getting an II at a school I didn't expect anything from. I was more just commenting on how interesting this process has been!

So just something I was wondering, if you do get in a week or a few days before the school starts May 31st where do you live? I feel like if this somehow miraculously happened to me I would be so lost for finding a place to live the day before class

So just something I was wondering, if you do get in a week or a few days before the school starts May 31st where do you live? I feel like if this somehow miraculously happened to me I would be so lost for finding a place to live the day before class
The area around FSU is ripe with people trying to sublease their apartments for the summer of their 12 month, August-to-August leases. Most undergrads don't stay in town for summer classes and many FSUCOM students finish their 2nd year in May and want to sublease for the summer as well. There's too much supply for summer subleases and not nearly as much demand so you can really live wherever you want. There are many Facebook groups that are dedicated and hijacked just for summer subleasing.

The area around FSU is ripe with people trying to sublease their apartments for the summer of their 12 month, August-to-August leases. Most undergrads don't stay in town for summer classes and many FSUCOM students finish their 2nd year in May and want to sublease for the summer as well. There's too much supply for summer subleases and not nearly as much demand so you can really live wherever you want. There are many Facebook groups that are dedicated and hijacked just for summer subleasing.
PM me and I can send you the name of some of those groups if you want

Hi I just got an interview invite (I know pretty late) and was wondering what the interview was like? Anyone have any advice? Also I'm most likely interviewing for a waitlist spot right?

Hi I just got an interview invite (I know pretty late) and was wondering what the interview was like? Anyone have any advice? Also I'm most likely interviewing for a waitlist spot right?

What are your stats?

I don't think you're interviewing for a waitlist spot. If I recall correctly, some people said that they interviewed late last cycle and still got accepted. Be optimistic and crush the interview!

when FSU starts taking people off the Hold list, do you think basic stats like MCAT and GPA will be held to a higher regard for selection than community service updates?

when FSU starts taking people off the Hold list, do you think basic stats like MCAT and GPA will be held to a higher regard for selection than community service updates?

Wondering this too!

I'd guess that because FSU is so mission driven they'd prioritize things like community service if it shows that you're dedicated to their mission.