2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@PastorDoc @DecisionTime2017 I'm sorry that you both got rejected here, but I'm sure you'll have wonderful opportunities elsewhere!

Would you mind sharing your stats so we can have an idea of what is/isn't competitive?
3.36, 501 MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got rejected pre-interview via portal :(

Starting to get nervous. I applied to 15 schools, but now I'm wondering if I should do more :shrug:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you see that you got the rejection on the portal? In the application status portion?

Rejected to the UT campus... assuming i'll get rejected to the CO campus as well. Best of luck to anybody applying here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone's file say "Complete" for the Utah campus? Mine is complete for the Colorado campus but still says "Applicant" for the Utah one and I submitted the secondary for both 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone's file say "Complete" for the Utah campus? Mine is complete for the Colorado campus but still says "Applicant" for the Utah one and I submitted the secondary for both 2 weeks ago.

samesies! I don't know why that is.

Last edited:
Can anyone inform me if the questions on the first page are the same for the CO campus, asking why CO instead of Utah?

If not currently in school, what have you been doing since you were a full-time student?
Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school?
*Why do you want to become an Osteopathic Physician?
*Why do you wish to attend RVUCOM's Utah Campus?
*What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to RVUCOM and the Osteopathic Profession?
Yep, looks the same.

Interview Invites will go out first week of August. Very likely on August 7th to give a heads up to those anxiously waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever go from applicant to complete on the Utah tab?

I went from applicant to complete yesterday. Then today I got an interview invite, and now I'm interview scheduled. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
I get excited when I see II's going out at my favorite schools, and then I go back to twiddling my thumbs nervously as I wait for my school to submit my committee letter... :whistle:

Anyways, congrats to those with II's so far! Come back and share how it went after please :)

I went from applicant to complete yesterday. Then today I got an interview invite, and now I'm interview scheduled. Hope that helps!

This makes sense. After having my applicant in the "APPL" status, I emailed them and they said I was complete and are now reviewing my application. It is still in APPL status in the portal. I am guessing they are just being kind of absent minded about the status update thing.

This makes sense. After having my applicant in the "APPL" status, I emailed them and they said I was complete and are now reviewing my application. It is still in APPL status in the portal. I am guessing they are just being kind of absent minded about the status update thing.

I think so too. By the way, I've been secretly hoping we would meet sometime during the interview trail. Seems like we applied to a lot of the same schools, and I like the things you post :)

also,
Rainbow+flag+150px.png
;)

I think so too. By the way, I've been secretly hoping we would meet sometime during the interview trail. Seems like we applied to a lot of the same schools, and I like the things you post :)

also,
Rainbow+flag+150px.png
;)

This made me smile a little too hard :)))))

I get excited when I see II's going out at my favorite schools, and then I go back to twiddling my thumbs nervously as I wait for my school to submit my committee letter... :whistle:

Anyways, congrats to those with II's so far! Come back and share how it went after please :)

Is RVU one of your favs? I will for sure share, PM me if I forget though... sometimes interviews take a lot of emotion outta me hahaha

Is RVU one of your favs? I will for sure share, PM me if I forget though... sometimes interviews take a lot of emotion outta me hahaha
Yes, it definitely is! Thank you, I'll do my best to remember as well :)

Secondary completed for both schools 7/22. Just got a rejection from Utah and I am assuming the same will go for Colorado.
Good luck!

Hi! My secondary was complete on 07/14 but I still haven't seen an update or change in status from "applicant". Does anyone know if this is a bad thing? Haha it's making me so anxious to see all these interviews go out and I haven't heard anything!

Considering mine went from Appl to rejected, I don't think applicant is a bad thing!

Hi! My secondary was complete on 07/14 but I still haven't seen an update or change in status from "applicant". Does anyone know if this is a bad thing? Haha it's making me so anxious to see all these interviews go out and I haven't heard anything!
Are your letters in?

I was complete 6/29 at CO and I'm still APPL status. I called last week and they said its normal, they may not update it until they start inviting for interviews in August.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine just got marked complete today and I submitted it on 7/03 so I guess it just takes a while.

Complete 14-July. Just chillin' on file complete status for both locations.

Patience is stupid.

Reactions: 2 users
Where do you check your application status? It says I will gain access to the applicant tab, but I do not see it. Just submitted secondary. Horrbible formatting and hindsight probably should have used internet explorer. My resume format even changed upon upload and I couldn't figure out how to delete and upload a new one (people had problems last year too). I probably should have waited until Monday and called to see if there were any solutions. Oh well :/

I was reviewed and file complete for Utah. I submitted my secondary on 7/23. Hoping my bangin GPA and non-trad status allows them to overlook my lowerish MCAT.

Where do you check your application status? It says I will gain access to the applicant tab, but I do not see it. Just submitted secondary. Horrbible formatting and hindsight probably should have used internet explorer. My resume format even changed upon upload and I couldn't figure out how to delete and upload a new one (people had problems last year too). I probably should have waited until Monday and called to see if there were any solutions. Oh well :/
Don't stress too much! It's all about the quality of what you wrote. I don't think anyone is proud of the way the formatting came out :)

Just got changed to "File Complete!" I guess it takes awhile cause I submitted my secondary on 7/6.

Just got changed to "File Complete!" I guess it takes awhile cause I submitted my secondary on 7/6.
I submitted the secondary on 7/5, so that's good to hear. Hopefully app status will change soon...

Hello all,

Has anyone taken the campus tour and done the transcript review at RVU? If so, how was your experience? I'm really interested in flying out from California for this.

Thank you,
The Process