2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received Tuesday (7/25) at 4:44 PM!!!! I just about died of happiness. All letters had been sent in, and I did not write a Why Pritzker essay (although I did have a paragraph at the end of my essay about other demographic factors that connected my unusual background to why Pritzker). Good luck everyone :)
Complete date?

Members don't see this ad.

Complete date?
I received the secondary 7/6 and submitted it 7/10. That is the same day my application was marked complete since AMCAS verification/letter submission had all been completed in June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goro often spits the phrase that the time of app review has no correlation with when it was turned in (not verbatim) so that is some comfort

Go tell that to the crazies on reddit for me!

Congrats all on the II! I had to limit my reaches so I opted for NW vs. here - but I wish you the best cause Chicago is awesome

Go tell that to the crazies on reddit for me!

Congrats all on the II! I had to limit my reaches so I opted for NW vs. here - but I wish you the best cause Chicago is awesome
Yep. Just a coincidence that all the IIs are before 7/17.

For current students or people who have interviewed at UChicago, will I be able to make my flight out of O'hare airport if I book it at 7:30 PM the day of my interview?

Um, definitely a coincidence because I was complete 7/7, and still haven't heard anything
? Just because you were complete then doesn't mean you "would hear something". It means you weren't invited on first pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
? Just because you were complete then doesn't mean you "would hear something". It means you weren't invited on first pass.
I may have misinterpreted what neuroyale meant?... He said "It seems that people that were completed on 7/16 or before have heard regarding II and rejection". I thought he was asking if everyone who submitted before that date had heard back. I haven't, so I was just letting people know that not everyone who submitted before then has heard back

I may have misinterpreted what neuroyale meant?... He said "It seems that people that were completed on 7/16 or before have heard regarding II and rejection". I thought he was asking if everyone who submitted before that date had heard back. I haven't, so I was just letting people know that not everyone who submitted before then has heard back

Yes. That is not the assertion at all. The statement was that people who submitted before that time are those who have received invites. That doesn't mean you have to hear back if you didn't get an invite at that time. That wouldn't make any sense.

Um, definitely a coincidence because I was complete 7/7, and still haven't heard anything

Same here. Submitted my secondary on July 6 and havent gotten anything back from them. No application complete email, no II, no rejection. Although, im not holding my breath here, LizzyM 68-71.

For current students or people who have interviewed at UChicago, will I be able to make my flight out of O'hare airport if I book it at 7:30 PM the day of my interview?

7:30 should be fine assuming the day ends around ~4:30. O'Hare is a bit far from UChicago and not fun to get to during the rush hour(s). If I was doing this I would probably Uber or Taxi to downtown (possibly with other applicants) and catch the blue line to O'Hare as this should take just over an hour.

If you are at all uncertain, touch base with the admissions office. They can give you a better idea when they day should end and possibly even ensure your interviews are earlier so you can make it to your flight with plenty of time to spare. :)

Edit:

Just some additional information for people not familiar with Chicago about trying to get to/from Hyde Park. Your host will probably be the best source of directions but here is some general advice I gave when I hosted students.

From O'Hare:
- Taxi or Uber. Unsure of price as I have never done it but I would imagine ~60$
- Blue line. The blue line will take you downtown and then from there you can catch the 4/6/10/etc bus into Hyde Park. Cheapest option. Easy. Will take a little more than hour. You can also Uber/Taxi from the blue line stop into Hyde Park ~15$.

From Midway:
- Taxi or Uber. ~20-30$. Fairly direct.
- 55 Bus. Will take you directly to Hyde Park from Midway. If you are not familiar with the Chicago (or the South Side of Chicago in particular) I probably wouldn't recommend this option. Plenty of my classmates (and myself) take it regularly without issue, however, so it can be a good option.
- If you want to avoid the 55 Bus the next option is a bit indirect but you can take the Orange line downtown and then catch the 4/6/10/etc bus into Hyde Park. Cheap. Fairly easy. Could even be quicker/easier than the 55 bus if your host lives close to the lake in Hyde Park as the 6 bus is an express bus into the east part of Hyde Park.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Was complete on 7/7 and still nothing. Starting to get a little worried a rejection is coming...

Was complete on 7/7 and still nothing. Starting to get a little worried a rejection is coming...
You can just as easily be excited that an II is coming. This (very short) period of silence doesn't mean anything, neither good nor bad. People can wait months before hearing back from a school for even an II. Don't psyche yourself out!

Reactions: 5 users
My first rejection. Got it today :(
Are they reviewed in the order they are completed? It seems that people that were completed on 7/16 or before have heard regarding II and rejection.

It's a coincidence. I was just rejected from the MSTP program as well (8/1). I was literally complete on Sunday (7/30). It took them two working days to reject me. IMO there's no way they reviewed any of my essays. I have a low undergrad GPA and I'm betting they screened me for that. But like... if they're gonna screen for that, it's not very nice of them to have sent me a secondary. It feels like a slap in the face and a waste of money.

It's a coincidence. I was just rejected from the MSTP program as well (8/1). I was literally complete on Sunday (7/30). It took them two working days to reject me. IMO there's no way they reviewed any of my essays. I have a low undergrad GPA and I'm betting they screened me for that. But like... if they're gonna screen for that, it's not very nice of them to have sent me a secondary. It feels like a slap in the face and a waste of money.
Yeah I know. It is funny how they keep emphasizing their holistic approach in their website, emails, and what not, which I think is total b*******. Cuz they clearly did not, and only screen for high GPA and MCAT. I am sure you will get IIs from much better schools. UChicago in particular is notorious for loving high stat candidates. no wonder their admissions process is fast. Anyways, i know many other people who got pre-rejected from UChicago but ultimately got accepted to top 10. Good Luck to you!

Can I ask what your GPA is? It might save me money as I prepare to submit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can I ask what your GPA is?
Undergrad GPA is 3.5. I did a post-bac and got 3.9 there (one A-). Hope that helps. Keep in mind, it's only my theory that I got screened out cause of GPA (although I'd say it's a pretty good theory :thinking:).

Anyways, i know many other people who got pre-rejected from UChicago but ultimately got accepted to top 10. Good Luck to you!
IDK about top 10, but I'm def not gonna let this kill my spirit! Still annoyed they didn't just screen me out before secondaries, but good luck to everyone still in the running for Pritzker, MSTP and otherwise! (BTW I'm pretty sure your username means "neuro yale" but I keep reading it as "neu royale".)

Undergrad GPA is 3.5. I did a post-bac and got 3.9 there (one A-). Hope that helps. Keep in mind, it's only my theory that I got screened out cause of GPA (although I'd say it's a pretty good theory :thinking:).

IDK about top 10, but I'm def not gonna let this kill my spirit! Still annoyed they didn't just screen me out before secondaries, but good luck to everyone still in the running for Pritzker, MSTP and otherwise! (BTW I'm pretty sure your username means "neuro yale" but I keep reading it as "neu royale".)
MSTP competition is a damn blood bath. Keep your chin up.

Reactions: 1 user

Bummer - I have a 3.4 and a 4.0 post-bac. I have a solid MCAT score, but I just feel like my gpa will get me screened out. I applied for MD-only, so I don't know that will help me or not.

Have people who have received interviews pretty early generally had really high MCAT and GPAs?

I wish everyone who received rejections the best of luck in the application process.

I don't know how the MSTP process works but for the MD only they are not sending you secondaries just to screen you out by your GPA. They are going to read your application!

I mean I received an interview invite the same day that I submitted my secondary application, and I have a ~77-78. I just think that they read through these applications extremely fast.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean I received an interview invite the same day that I submitted my secondary application, and I have a ~77-78. I just think that they read through these applications extremely fast.

I'll pour one out for all of us who have been complete for weeks with no response +pity+

Reactions: 7 users
Do they usually end out secondaries on a specific day? I submitted my primary (already verified) to them on the July 30th and all other schools I submitted on that say have sent back except U Chicago.

Just received an II this evening by email, very excited to visit the windy city!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how was it? Any suggestions/tips?

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected (email), LM 72

Good luck to everyone with their cycle!

+2 rejected by email, regular MD, complete 7/7

Just for peace of mind...anyone else here sitting with LizzyMs of 78+ and 0 news (II or rejection) from any of these schools despite being complete in mid-July?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
LM of 73-75 complete 7/13 and dead silence... at least it's not rejection right? no news is good news at this point I guess lol

Just for peace of mind...anyone else here sitting with LizzyMs of 78+ and 0 news (II or rejection) from any of these schools despite being compete in mid-July?
80+ LizzyM, complete 7/6, enjoying my peace and quiet.

80+ LizzyM, complete 7/6, enjoying my peace and quiet.
Damn I feel for you DimasN. No II from anywhere for 80+ is brutal. I keep telling myself that it's early haha but it's hard not to be a little anxious.