You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Email from "Vanderbilt MD Admissions" had me surprised for a minute there -- but in some good news, they're still anticipating decisions before December 24. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-II complete mid-July
+1Rejected pre-II complete mid-July
+2
Rejected too....
1st choice too....
So lame
Complete mid-Aug
1st choice too....
So lame
Complete mid-Aug
Do we think today’s the day?
edit: Never-mind got it lol.
Axed earlier this week
Acceptance callsThe day for what?
ahh yeah I just checked last years thread and it'd seem like it is. I interviewed mid November so I'm not exactly holding my breath lolAcceptance calls
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was late September so maybe I’ll hear something. Good luck to you!ahh yeah I just checked last years thread and it'd seem like it is. I interviewed mid November so I'm not exactly holding my breath lol
They call on weekends?! Weird
Do we think today’s the day?
Final adcom meeting is Monday, calls later next week. From a friend who emailed asking the timeline.
ahh yeah I just checked last years thread and it'd seem like it is. I interviewed mid November so I'm not exactly holding my breath lol
I know someone who used to work on their committee and he said it takes them about 4 weeks after the interview to make the decision
I also heard (IIRC) like Dec. 22 is when the first round of acceptances would be released
My fingers are crossed!I know someone who used to work on their committee and he said it takes them about 4 weeks after the interview to make the decision
I also heard (IIRC) like Dec. 22 is when the first round of acceptances would be released
Anyone else been on the edge of their seat all day?
I've literally been checking this thread every 10 minutes
Anyone else been on the edge of their seat all day?
Didn't someone say the December meeting was yesterday?The December meeting is on Thursday, so decisions will not likely go out until after then. This info comes from email correspondence with the admissions office.
The December meeting is on Thursday, so decisions will not likely go out until after then. This info comes from email correspondence with the admissions office.
@med_chick was the source of my original info (and she's talked to the direct of admissions at Vandy since via email lol)
Didn't someone say the December meeting was yesterday?
That was more of a misunderstanding/miscommunication. The first time of communication I was told the *week* of Monday the 18th, which was taken to mean the actual 18th.
That was more of a misunderstanding/miscommunication. The first time of communication I was told the *week* of Monday the 18th, which was taken to mean the actual 18th.
The level of sass I'm feeling right now -_-
The level of sass I'm feeling right now -_-
I’m sorry, against whom? I’m on my phone so I couldn’t italicize week. Just trying to spread knowledge of the timeline because I know how much it sucks to be constantly checking the forums and/or a portal for a decision. I knew from the first correspondence with admissions that the meeting wouldn’t be Monday the 18th but later in the week, and it wouldn’t be fair to y’all to not share that information.
I’m sorry, against whom? I’m on my phone so I couldn’t italicize week. Just trying to spread knowledge of the timeline because I know how much it sucks to be constantly checking the forums and/or a portal for a decision. I knew from the first correspondence with admissions that the meeting wouldn’t be Monday the 18th but later in the week, and it wouldn’t be fair to y’all to not share that information.
Not towards anyone in particular. Just a very heightened level of sass. Since I spent the whole day freaking out, and it was all for not.
Not towards anyone in particular. Just a very heightened level of sass. Since I spent the whole day freaking out, and it was all for not.
That’s why I posted haha. Now hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your week without a ton of added stress!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel you @big_tree. I hope you have a great holiday nonetheless 🙂
Is there a chance the calls could go out starting this evening?
Is there a chance the calls could go out starting this evening?
I think so. In past years they've spent a few days doing it, and I know the admissions office is closed tomorrow. So I'd say this evening through Sunday seems like a good range.
I just got an acceptance call! Very unexpected since I interviewed at the beginning of December.
I got the call and forgot to ask about scholarships, but they probably would've told us right?
Have any MSTP applicants been called yet?
Ahh accepted, and they mentioned a scholarship! An early Christmas present from Vandy 😍
Just curious - was it your interviewer that called? Or perhaps just someone else on the committee?
I got a call from a Nashville number that disconnected after one ring... the suspense...
I got a call and I was excited till I realized it was apple calling to tell me my moms phone is fixed.I got a call from a Nashville number that disconnected after one ring... the suspense...
My interviewer called, which was lovely -- not sure if that's the same for everyone or if it just turned out that way. 🙂Just curious - was it your interviewer that called? Or perhaps just someone else on the committee?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if those of us who didn't get a call today will have some sort of portal update to let us know if we've been booted to the second round of decisions?
I just checked the Vandy threads from the past couple years. Barring last year most calls occurred on a single day so I dunno. I would love to be wrong though, I really enjoyed my time in Nashville.I hope they are just going to give out more calls tomorrow given that not too many people have posted?
I just checked the Vandy threads from the past couple years. Barring last year most calls occurred on a single day so I dunno. I would love to be wrong though, I really enjoyed my time in Nashville.
I'm hopeful if it's the case that interviewers are making the calls. Seems reasonable that not everyone had time this afternoon to make calls?
This is the attitude we needI'm hopeful if it's the case that interviewers are making the calls. Seems reasonable that not everyone had time this afternoon to make calls?
We'll find out tomorrow. I haven't been to a church in like ten years, but keeping with desperate times, I'm about to go to the nearest chapel . I'll keep you riley29 and kfcboy and every other applicant in my prayers.I'm hopeful if it's the case that interviewers are making the calls. Seems reasonable that not everyone had time this afternoon to make calls?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K