-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-secondary today, via email.
Would have preferred the pre secondary reject because this pre II reject still hurts, AND I had to pay for it.
Still, all for the best, seriously doubt I could see myself at Vandy. Best of luck to the rest of you!
Good luck everyone. Signing off this thread
anyone else stuck in limbo? completed secondary mid august w/ no news as of yet
Another pre-secondary email rejection here. I wasn't exactly holding out much hope for Vanderbilt at this point, but as my first rejection (I applied a bit late), it still stings a little.
Oh well, I've enjoyed lurking on this thread periodically over the last few months - Good luck to everyone else!
Oh well, I've enjoyed lurking on this thread periodically over the last few months - Good luck to everyone else!
+1anyone else stuck in limbo? completed secondary mid august w/ no news as of yet
anyone else stuck in limbo? completed secondary mid august w/ no news as of yet
+2 but complete in July. Thought I was getting a rejection today. Still could I guess.
Rejected pre-secondary; OOS, UGPA=3.93, GGPA = 3.84, MCAT=511, LM=70.3. Good luck to everyone still being considered!
Rejected
Rejected pre secondary. Better than pre II cuz it cost me less and no autobiography haha
I definitely did not prewrite this one
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was told there would be IIs... this looks like the opposite of IIs.
I was told there would be IIs... this looks like the opposite of IIs.
Yeah this was totally brutal lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The chosen oneII complete Sept 10
Congrats, King Arthur! You've pulled out Excalibur from the stone! Let the festivities commence!II complete Sept 10
Rejection this morning! OOS - Non Trad - Lizzy M 70-74. Complete 08/29
II on Fri, complete end of Sept, OOS.
Even after (seemingly) adding them to my school email's white list after they sent 15+ emails in the spam wave a few weeks back, the II e-mail still ended up getting sent to spam by my school's over-aggressive spam filter, and I only really noticed it due to a late night misclick 😵
Even after (seemingly) adding them to my school email's white list after they sent 15+ emails in the spam wave a few weeks back, the II e-mail still ended up getting sent to spam by my school's over-aggressive spam filter, and I only really noticed it due to a late night misclick 😵
Did anyone who interview send a letter of interest?
Any one still waiting to hear back...
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
YesAny one still waiting to hear back...
Hear back about II or about Accept/Waitlist/Reject decisions?Any one still waiting to hear back...
Hear back about II or about Accept/Waitlist/Reject decisions?
II. I know no news is good news after this weekend, but still on edge!
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
I have a feeling they just haven't read my app lolII. I know no news is good news after this weekend, but still on edge!
Rejected, pre-secondary
II!!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
Just now?Rejected, pre-secondary
Yup, 1:05PM ESTJust now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! there goes the theory about every other friday being the day for decisionsII!!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
Sorry manYup, 1:05PM EST
Sorry to hear about the rejections!
Please fill out the rejection survey and share these links in other threads:
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XQ3YGXT
Link to results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-5YZT9K85/
Please fill out the rejection survey and share these links in other threads:
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XQ3YGXT
Link to results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-5YZT9K85/
No worries, at least a school finally got back to me 😉Sorry man
rejected pre-secondary via email
gl all
gl all
Rejected pre-secondary. Pulling for the rest of you!
Rejected post secondary
..Same here. LizzyM 71, completed secondary mid-August. Even with other II, every rejection hurts a little. We're in this together ya'll and congrats to the survivors!
I received the rejection email today, although I logged onto the portal yesterday evening on a whim and saw that I had been rejected so the email today was no surprise. Good luck to the rest of you still in it!
question removed - found an answer.
+1, also on Monday. Not surprised.rejected post secondary pre-ii
MSTP applicants are allowed to switch over to MD-only up until Nov 15 as long as you notify them in writing. I imagine that's why they're sending out all the rejections today.Is it too late to apply for MD for this cycle? I got rejected by MSTP today. Any advice?
Looks like it is not a simple switch, you have to go through AMCAS too. haven't looked MD, not sure if there is a lot work to do. The deadline is 11/20, I feel like it might be too late for this cycle.MSTP applicants are allowed to switch over to MD-only up until Nov 15 as long as you notify them in writing. I imagine that's why they're sending out all the rejections today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TBH idk why MSTP programs give us the option to switch to the MD-only pool after like September. It's 100% way too late at that point. I've been switched over to the MD-only pool at like 5 schools and have heard absolutely nothing from themI feel like it might be too late for this cycle.
After November, not even September! That is definitely not something encouraging! Just a sad day! I wonder if there are any II opportunities for 'post-November complete' candidates. Anybody who has past experience, could you give us some advice please? Worth trying? I am thinking it probably won't hurt! This whole application process is so stressful and it is training your patience too!!!TBH idk why MSTP programs give us the option to switch to the MD-only pool after like September. It's 100% way too late at that point. I've been switched over to the MD-only pool at like 5 schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them
Haha ... has anyone actually done that?has anyone ever heard of a rejection appeal working for vandy?
Does that work for anyone?has anyone ever heard of a rejection appeal working for vandy?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K