Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Yale University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup got one too
Throwing my hat in. Received secondary, but having some issues finishing the "Why Yale" prompt. Looking over the Medical School site, I see several mentions about the ability to take coursework in other departments to supplement the curriculum, but little information about when that could take place? Is that only reserved for 3rd and 4th years, or can these electives be pursued at any time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At any point as long as you can find the time.Throwing my hat in. Received secondary, but having some issues finishing the "Why Yale" prompt. Looking over the Medical School site, I see several mentions about the ability to take coursework in other departments to supplement the curriculum, but little information about when that could take place? Is that only reserved for 3rd and 4th years, or can these electives be pursued at any time?
Wrote one intro sentence for my Why Yale essay and now having the most intense writer's block. I definitely feel in my heart that Yale is a great fit for me, and I have many points about the school that I'd like to make, but I'm having the hardest time putting these thoughts into an eloquent, cohesive essay. It seems some others are in the same boat....
Record yourself explaining to someone why Yale would be so perfect for you. Then go back and listen to your recording.Wrote one intro sentence for my Why Yale essay and now having the most intense writer's block. I definitely feel in my heart that Yale is a great fit for me, and I have many points about the school that I'd like to make, but I'm having the hardest time putting these thoughts into an eloquent, cohesive essay. It seems some others are in the same boat....
Complete! Shooters shot
Did they begin sending out interviews already?Wooooooooot another year! Good luck to everyone applying and hope to see some of you all during the impending interview season
I feel like someone would have said something in here excitedly.Did they begin sending out interviews already?
EDIT: Checked 2016-17 thread and the first batch of II's were sent out on Aug 18th last year.
Hate to be super neurotic, but is there a way to see a "print preview" of how the responses will look like to the readers? I'm unsure if I should put line breaks between the activities for ease of reading.
Hate to be super neurotic, but is there a way to see a "print preview" of how the responses will look like to the readers? I'm unsure if I should put line breaks between the activities for ease of reading.
Not before submission, but they give you a PDF afterwards. I just took a look and mine is fine without spaces between each activity. Just keep each entry short like in their example.
I tried to keep each entry within one line. I also used dashes as bullet points which worked pretty well.
Appreciate it!Not before submission, but they give you a PDF afterwards. I just took a look and mine is fine without spaces between each activity. Just keep each entry short like in their example.
I tried to keep each entry within one line. I also used dashes as bullet points which worked pretty well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know whether the required research thesis must be completed by your fourth year? If you're planning on taking on the optional fifth year, does that give you extra time to work on your thesis?
Does anyone know whether the required research thesis must be completed by your fourth year? If you're planning on taking on the optional fifth year, does that give you extra time to work on your thesis?
The optional fifth year is taken between years 3 and 4, and it is often used for research, yes. I am not sure yet when exactly the thesis is due, but my guess would be that there are people who are still working on it in their fourth year.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE BY EMAIL OMFG!!!!!!! HOLY COW IT"S SO EARLY!!!!
Bless
Bless
II for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got my first II!
I got an II too! Are any of you having trouble uploading the picture?
Yea I can't upload the pic either. Keeps saying the path to the file isn't working or something. Congrats man!
II!!!!!!! Holy Jesus for sure my top choice omgggg
Congrats to you too! and yeah, same. I checked the size and format and tried a different browser but nothingYea I can't upload the pic either. Keeps saying the path to the file isn't working or something. Congrats man!
Do they send out a bunch of II all at once together, or individually per day?
Do they send out a bunch of II all at once together, or individually per day?
Dunno, mine was simultaneous with the posts here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II!!!!!!!!! I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. MY. EYES. Seriously though, I had to read the email a million times to make sure this was an actual II! (It's my first one too!) 😍
Also having issues submitting the photo. So glad all of you calmed down my nerves on that front!
LizzyM ~74, complete about a week ago!!
Edit: grammar error

Also having issues submitting the photo. So glad all of you calmed down my nerves on that front!
LizzyM ~74, complete about a week ago!!
Edit: grammar error
Last edited:
II!!!!!!!!! I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. MY. EYES. Seriously though, I had to read the email a million times to make sure this was an actual II! (It's my first one too!) 😍
Also having issues submitting the photo. So glad all of you calmed down my nerves in that front!
LizzyM ~74, complete about a week ago!!
What time did you get the email? I just want to know if they are sending them out periodically.
I got mine at 11:21 AM Central Time.What time did you get the email? I just want to know if they are sending them out periodically.
yall urm or orm?
Same here!I got mine at 11:21 AM Central Time.
+1Same here!
I'm Dominican, so I'm not sure what Yale considers me.yall urm or orm?
Little antsy....was complete 7/18 (LizzyM 74.1) myself without hearing back, myself....but it's just the first day of handing out IIs proper, so for others in my boat right now, still plenty of time. Congrats to everyone who got IIs today 👍
Same lol (ORM, LM 75) thank you for this. SDN always makes me feel so insecure but great to know others are in the same boat!
Also I felt the same way at some other schools the first round they started handing out IIs but ended up receiving an II the 2nd (or 3rd) round, so all hope is defs not lost!
Good luck to us lol
I can also be a white guy who just LOVES tofu 😉😉😉Not sure but mapotofu seems to be ORM 😛 😛
Yup. SDN can really fuel our neurotic tendencies, (predominantly unwarranted) feelings of inadequacy, and general unease. Intuition is to avoid it and just let the interviews come as they may (the II I got thus far came without logging on to SDN)....and yet, here we are again and again lol. Best of luck with this and your other schools 🙂Same lol (ORM, LM 75) thank you for this. SDN always makes me feel so insecure but great to know others are in the same boat!
Also I felt the same way at some other schools the first round they started handing out IIs but ended up receiving an II the 2nd (or 3rd) round, so all hope is defs not lost!
Good luck to us lol
congrats to all tho did anyone recieve II MSTP?
Yup. SDN can really fuel our neurotic tendencies, (predominantly unwarranted) feelings of inadequacy, and general unease. Intuition is to avoid it and just let the interviews come as they may (the II I got thus far came without logging on to SDN)....and yet, here we are again and again lol. Best of luck with this and your other schools 🙂
+1. I got an II here today but haven't heard a thing from 3-5 of my schools I know have given out a bunch of IIs already. Just remember that this process isn't over until it's over! It's a long time until April 30th (and then wait list movement!), and a LOT can (and will) happen between now and April.
Agreed. Easy to lose sight of things on SDN. LizzyM of 75 here and still haven't received a single II from any of my schools. Not a good feeling, but have to realize there's a long way to go.+1. I got an II here today but haven't heard a thing from 3-5 of my schools I know have given out a bunch of IIs already. Just remember that this process isn't over until it's over! It's a long time until April 30th (and then wait list movement!), and a LOT can (and will) happen between now and April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed. Easy to lose sight of things on SDN. LizzyM of 75 here and still haven't received a single II from any of my schools. Not a good feeling, but have to realize there's a long way to go.
Solidarity guys.
About same LizzyM for me and nothing as well.Agreed. Easy to lose sight of things on SDN. LizzyM of 75 here and still haven't received a single II from any of my schools. Not a good feeling, but have to realize there's a long way to go.
Picture is working again, guys! Just wanted to give you a heads up!
For those without II, this is my first one. I NEVER would have imagined Yale would send me an II, and much less this early in the cycle. So you never know what can happen! You've all tried your hardest at every step of this process, so just let the process surprise you🙂
For those without II, this is my first one. I NEVER would have imagined Yale would send me an II, and much less this early in the cycle. So you never know what can happen! You've all tried your hardest at every step of this process, so just let the process surprise you🙂
According to last year's and previous years' threads, Yale MSTP does not send out IIs till early-mid September. It sucks. we have to wait longer..congrats to all tho did anyone recieve II MSTP?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K