2017 RVU vs NSU-KPCOM (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RVU or NSU-KPCOM

  • RVU

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • NSU-KPCOM

    Votes: 5 31.3%

  • Total voters
    16

mustlovemedicineandbeer

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got acceptances from both RVU and NSU (my top choices). I am having a really hard time weighing the options and I am curious if there are any current students there/recent interviewees who have pros/cons for these schools and why they chose them?

Both have great boards/rotations/pre-clinical experience etc. so academically I feel they are very similar.

My +pros and -cons:
~RVU
++++ I like the curriculum better (reviews 2nd year, US integration, etc)
+ closer to family/my SO
+ small school and less distractions
++ has a good reputation in CO (where I potentially want to do residency/work)
- I have lived in CO for most of my life and would like to get away
- Not a lot of diversity in student/patient population
- have to drive to CU/CSU for research
~NSU
+ everyone just seemed happier there
++ out of state
+++ more diverse student/patient population
+ community service is a part of the curriculum
+ better OPP internships
+ split into houses for community
+++ research opportunities
- farther from family/SO
- more expensive (by less than 10k)
- feels that I like very superficial aspects of the school.