2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete late August haven’t heard anything. Chances of an interview?

The chance is greater than zero! Keep hoping and dreaming!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II 1/10/2019, accepted on 1/24/2019 and I declined my seat this morning. Good luck to everyone still in the process!

Reactions: 1 users
Complete late August haven’t heard anything. Chances of an interview?
I was complete in August as well and was not invited to interview until the new year. So there is hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
So i sent everything in here in late july/ early August and have heard nothing about my app even being complete. reached out in november and they just said i was still under review and that they have a lot of apps to go through... i dont understand. do they actually send complete emails?

Don't wanna bother them again, but also dont wanna lose out on the opportunity for an interview due to something wrong with my application/ it not even being complete yet. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

So i sent everything in here in late july/ early August and have heard nothing about my app even being complete. reached out in november and they just said i was still under review and that they have a lot of apps to go through... i dont understand. do they actually send complete emails?

Don't wanna bother them again, but also dont wanna lose out on the opportunity for an interview due to something wrong with my application/ it not even being complete yet. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Im in the same boat for both their Blacksburg and Spartanburg campuses. They must be crawling through reviewing completed applications. Starting to feel like it was a waste of both time and money.

Anyone know when the next heavy traffic day for this school is? Any update on how full the class is?

Anyone know when the next heavy traffic day for this school is? Any update on how full the class is?
Well, can anyone speak to how VCOM's process works? I thought I understood, but I guess I don't.

I was "complete" in October. I.E. all of my materials were sent and I had checkmarks beside all of them. So, I thought I was completed; however, I just now received an email that stated, "...I can confirm that your application is complete...once your application is reviewed, we will provide you with updates."

Does this mean I was not "under-review" this whole time? Is this a good thing? How long after you guys got this email did it take to hear something else?

Well, can anyone speak to how VCOM's process works? I thought I understood, but I guess I don't.

I was "complete" in October. I.E. all of my materials were sent and I had checkmarks beside all of them. So, I thought I was completed; however, I just now received an email that stated, "...I can confirm that your application is complete...once your application is reviewed, we will provide you with updates."

Does this mean I was not "under-review" this whole time? Is this a good thing? How long after you guys got this email did it take to hear something else?

Honestly I have no idea how their process works, it's quite frustrating. I've been "complete" since October as well but haven't received that email yet. It seems several people are frustrated by the lack of communication by the admissions team at VCOM. I'm still hopeful but it is getting late now

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II on 2/12 for 3/6. Its late in the cycle but anything is possible!

What do you think the movement is like off the waitlist?

My guess is it's probably good. I have an acceptance at another school so I'm not concerned, but if I didn't have that acceptance, I think I'd be confident in my chances on the waitlist here.

What time of day did you receive it?

I believe it was around 10-11am. Was actually working on another secondary when they called. I was told the their next interview window was 3/4 - 3/8.

I believe it was around 10-11am. Was actually working on another secondary when they called. I was told the their next interview window was 3/4 - 3/8.
Awesome, thanks! Did they call or email!

Also congrats!

Awesome, thanks! Did they call or email!

Also congrats!

A lady from admissions called first to congratulate and set up date/time. Then they sent a confirmation email.

Thank you! Good luck to everyone else!

Are there any students here who took advantage of the guaranteed interview? I'm applying in the upcoming cycle and my school is a part of the program. I'm eligible, but wasn't sure if that was something you designated on the app or how that works. Thanks!

Hey guys! I have a friend still hoping to get an interview from this school. Can anyone tell me the last day of interviews for this school?

Hey guys! I have a friend still hoping to get an interview from this school. Can anyone tell me the last day of interviews for this school?
I think the last one was on March 5th. I could be wrong though

I think the last one was on March 5th. I could be wrong though
I do not think they did their last interviews on 3/5. I know of a guy interviewing on 3/12, and he had options to interview all the way in early april.

I just got a rejection email today. In it they mention the MA program. Does anyone know much about this program and if it actually prepares you for med school? Is this a standard form letter or did they add that part specific to my case? I’m planning on calling tomorrow but thought I’d get some insight from those here who may know more about their program. Is there another forum here for it?

Thanks all. Best of luck to everyone.

Waitlisted today. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone who has been waitlisted gotten an acceptance?

How are the interviews here? Laid back and casual or harder questions? Any tips appreciated, thanks!

Anyone else heard absolutely nothing? This is the only school of the ~25 (including MD) schools that I applied to that hasn't contacted me at all since giving me the "application complete" status

Anyone else heard absolutely nothing? This is the only school of the ~25 (including MD) schools that I applied to that hasn't contacted me at all since giving me the "application complete" status
Haven’t even gotten the application complete email lol and I submitted everything in late July/early August

Do they serve lunch at the interview? They don't specifically say so on the itinerary.

Do they serve lunch at the interview? They don't specifically say so on the itinerary.

They didn’t when I interviewed 3/6. They did have a lot of snacks/drinks. It was a quick day so not a big deal

They didn’t when I interviewed 3/6. They did have a lot of snacks/drinks. It was a quick day so not a big deal
thanks! just trying to gauge if I should eat a hearty breakfast or not lol

I posted this question to VCOM-Auburn’s page, but this one gets more traffic.

Did any one who interviewed here / VCOM get told by one of the deans something along the lines of "...honestly, I hope I see you here in July." And what was the outcome? Or do they tell every interviewee that?

Took 7 months, but I've finally been rejected. What can ya do

Weird, I still haven't gotten rejected. I did get a complete email. 7 months of complete silence feelsbad

Same, it’s just like, why?? Like what’s their endgame here? Like a slow death?

any movement from the waitlist? i replied to their email last week indicating that they expect movement and to update them but haven't heard back

any movement from the waitlist? i replied to their email last week indicating that they expect movement and to update them but haven't heard back

All I received back was confirmation that they received my update. Silence since then

Hey there R
I'm currently enrolled in their MABS program and would definitely recommend you apply if your heart's set on attending VCOM and you feel a SMP is right for you. I'd say this program is a good segue into medical school -- we take some of the basic OMS1 courses (minus pathology, pharmacology, and OMM) and also have a rigorous exam schedule. As an analogy... in high school you have recreational sports, junior varsity, and varsity. I'd say VCOM's MABS program is a lot like junior varsity, while undergrad is like rec and med school is like varsity.

Here are some great threads from this year and last year:
2019-2020 VCOM/Bluefield MABS Program
VCOM/BLUEFIELD POST BACC 2018-2019

I can't answer for sure whether or not it's standard for VCOM to recommend their MA program, but I do know a fair amount of people who had previously applied to the DO program. If you're interested, it's not too late to apply to the current cycle, and people in the 2019-2020 thread would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Wishing you the very best.

Hey there Raindrop. Just thought I’d let you know I did apply for the MABS program and just received an acceptance! I hope to see you all around campus. And hopefully next year I’ll be on here getting ready to join the new students.

Any advice for me? Study tips? Best place to get coffee?

• Love
when do you think movement will start? or has it already been moving? not sure what may 15th will really mean

What is May 15th?
I think May 15 is the deadline for accepted students to submit their decision. Not sure if that’s 100% true but that’s what I have been reading online from other students. I’m also waiting to hear back. I’ve been on the waitlist since February :(