2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get a complete email :oops: I emailed them though so hopefully that should clear things up. Thank you!
Got the complete email this morning :)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, how do they manage to drop the

Wow, how do you think they manage to drop the acceptance number to the actual class size? Or does it normally resolve itself as students go to other schools?

I think it resolves itself over time. Interviews go through the end of April, while most schools are done in February/March. I think the class is filled around February/March (at least 120 acceptances offers), but they have some leeway to offer more interviews/acceptances down the stretch as people make up their minds and choose different schools. That's why I always tell people to keep hopes up as long as interviews are being offered. I know a few students in my class and the class below me who interviewed very late and received acceptance offers in late April/May.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, how do they manage to drop the

Wow, how do you think they manage to drop the acceptance number to the actual class size? Or does it normally resolve itself as students go to other schools?

There is time for the 168 or so to make commitments to other places if they need to. Not every single applicant of those 168 will matriculate, there are other schools or circumstances, etc that help to drop it down to 120.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello hopeful Noles!

I had my interview today. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were extremely conversational. I was way more nervous than I needed to be. Just prepare and be yourself and you'll do awesome!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello hopeful Noles!

I had my interview today. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were extremely conversational. I was way more nervous than I needed to be. Just prepare and be yourself and you'll do awesome!
Can I PM you some questions? I have mine next monday

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
really hoping they start sending out regular applicant IIs soon!!

Congratulations to those who have received acceptances so far!

Was just wondering if anyone had advice for those deferred to regular decision (me) after early decision interview or if I could direct message someone if they feel that would be better. First time user so if I am in the wrong place to ask this just let me know. Loved the school and the students there.

Good luck to everyone else on their applications by the way!

Reactions: 1 users
I have a few questions about the secondary if anyone who received IIs or are students would be willing to help:
1. In terms of length, should I try to stretch all responses to 500 words or just follow the old "don't bs" rule?
2. I'm having a hard time not overthinking these questions. I want to keep bringing everything back to my resume and stuff I know will appeal to their mission statement (including the hobbies section). Is this trying too hard or trying exactly enough?

Does anybody know if FSU calls or emails about interview invitations? I just missed two calls from a Tallahassee number, no voicemails, and I don't want to call the number back if it's just some spam caller :/

Does anybody know if FSU calls or emails about interview invitations? I just missed two calls from a Tallahassee number, no voicemails, and I don't want to call the number back if it's just some spam caller :/
What do you lose if you call back? Just call and congrats

well now i'm obsessively checking my phone and email lmao

They emailed me for both my II and acceptance.

I have a few questions about the secondary if anyone who received IIs or are students would be willing to help:
1. In terms of length, should I try to stretch all responses to 500 words or just follow the old "don't bs" rule?
2. I'm having a hard time not overthinking these questions. I want to keep bringing everything back to my resume and stuff I know will appeal to their mission statement (including the hobbies section). Is this trying too hard or trying exactly enough?

Hey there! To answer your questions, nearly all of my responses were less than 500 words. I'm not a "fluffy" writer so my responses are always less than the word count.

Definitely highlight the aspects of your app that fit their mission, but don't try to force yourself to fit it. If you genuinely want to do primary care, discuss that! But don't say you want to work rural if you want to work in a big city.

Just be yourself, that sounds cheesy but that's honestly what they want to see (in my experience at least). Good luck to you, you'll do great!

Does anyone have the admissions directors email? Or anyone high up on the admissions committee?

I cant find anything

What do you lose if you call back? Just call and congrats
I appreciate your confidence, but I called back and it was a spam caller lol It appears @Kiki63 is correct, because I checked my "complete" email from FSU and it says they invite via email.

Accepted into Class of 2023! :) How do students go about finding roommates and housing?

Has anyone not ED received an interview invite?

I think I'm confused about Early Decision.

Is it if you were marked complete before August 15, you are immediately enrolled as part of the Early Decision Program?

And then, if not chosen you'd be "notified (and AMCAS informed) that their files have been deferred to the regular MD pool and will be reconsidered during the regular admission cycle."

So basically if we were complete before that deadline, we would be EDP and be notified if not selected? Or was there a special EDP process that I missed?

Thanks for any information :)

I think I'm confused about Early Decision.

Is it if you were marked complete before August 15, you are immediately enrolled as part of the Early Decision Program?

And then, if not chosen you'd be "notified (and AMCAS informed) that their files have been deferred to the regular MD pool and will be reconsidered during the regular admission cycle."

So basically if we were complete before that deadline, we would be EDP and be notified if not selected? Or was there a special EDP process that I missed?

Thanks for any information :)
No, you specifically apply early decision through amcas. You can only apply to one school as an ED applicant, and if you were not accepted you join the regular applicant pool and can apply to other schools in October. If you dont know if you're an ED applicant, you're not an ED applicant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

No, you specifically apply early decision through amcas. You can only apply to one school as an ED applicant, and if you were not accepted you join the regular applicant pool and can apply to other schools in October. If you dont know if you're an ED applicant, you're not an ED applicant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Perfect reply, thanks!

M3 here! Feel free to message me with any questions that you may have.

When them regular decisions interview invites coming out
They will go from now all the way till Spring of next year, lol. Usually, the earlier you applied/were complete, the earlier your interview invite comes. FWIW, I pretty sure I interviewed in like March of my matriculating year.